what's so great about Halo 2 multiplayer?

#41FinzFan4lifePosted 7/4/2014 1:23:45 AM
tons of custom games to play with an awesome community, talking zombies before they where super popular, talking cops$robbers aka jail break (this one involved trust but most people who where willing to play, played properly

me and by xbl buds created a variation of cops and robbers called Boarder Patrol on blood gulch that was a blast can't wait to play again
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012
#42Spetsnaz420Posted 7/4/2014 2:14:39 AM
AgentLocke posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...
Nothing, people are just blinded by nostalgia.

And your blinded by your need to be a hater. I remember damn well why halo 2 is so good. It's been said over and over on every video game forum on the Internet, I'm not gonna waist my breath explaining it. Keep being a hater tho.

It's true though... Yeah it was a great FPS for its time. Today it's dated.

It's great to see people that love an old game... But we have ways of remembering things in such a way that we tend to forget their faults. Counter Strike is better
---
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#43Millertime660Posted 7/4/2014 2:34:08 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
AgentLocke posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...

And your blinded by your need to be a hater. I remember damn well why halo 2 is so good. It's been said over and over on every video game forum on the Internet, I'm not gonna waist my breath explaining it. Keep being a hater tho.

It's true though... Yeah it was a great FPS for its time. Today it's dated.

It's great to see people that love an old game... But we have ways of remembering things in such a way that we tend to forget their faults. Counter Strike is better

But opinions.....
#44LanternOfAshPosted 7/4/2014 4:10:57 AM
Halo 2 had, hands down, the best selection of maps I've ever seen in a game. It's not like Halo 4 where everyone just picks Haven nonstop.
---
Look, Mama! I'm on GameFAQs!
#45stawg007Posted 7/4/2014 5:27:10 AM
Millertime660 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Millertime660 posted...
Yeah.... lets not forget about Halo 2's True Skill rank system. Easily the best competetive ranking system ever.

Definitely. I hope they bring something like that back.

They have hinted that the entire MP experience will not let fans of the true skill system down!! WIN

Edit: more people should have adopted this instead of the pointless COD leveling system.

Is 2 the same as 3 true skill here you needed to win multiple matches to rank up but if you lost 1 you got a demotion? At least that's what I remembered about 3 and that was awful
#46POPSHU_FRUITCHUPosted 7/4/2014 6:28:16 AM
redeyes6778 posted...
Does the MCC have multi player for each Halo? I thought it was just the singleplayer campaigns for 1-3 and the multi player would be halo 4 only

Full multiplayer capabilities for each Halo, just as they were for each game. It's the first time Halo CE will be playable via xbox live on a console and it will revive Halo 2s multiplayer, and Halo 3s since not a lot of people are on that.
---
*Opposing Pokemon leans in to your Pokemon*
"Your mom was a slutty Ditto, you have over 100 siblings with 6 different dads"
#47robat223Posted 7/4/2014 8:42:47 AM
Fast paced, good maps, level system, party system was kind of new, clans were cool, people actually played custom games with their friends.

Plus I was 16 at the time so I could play it a ton. Also I though the proximity vs. team voice thing was cool.
---
Gamertag= Robat93
PSN= thegreatusurper
#48Cows Go HisssssPosted 7/5/2014 4:47:56 PM
Back in 2004-2006, Halo 2 was the greatest console multiplayer game of all time. It was surpassed by Gears of War in 2006, which was surpassed by Halo 3 in 2007. In 2010, the original Xbox Live was shut down and you could never play Halo 2 online ever again.

These days in 2014, I have a feeling that only people that played Halo 2 back in 2004-2006 will truly enjoy the Halo 2 Anniversary Edition. If you never played Halo 2 before and you play the Anniversary Edition, please go in with the mindset that the game is 10 years old. That's more than half your age!!!!

So yeah, at the time of release, Halo 2 was absolutely amazing. If it was released today, it would probably be a $15 Xbox Arcade game but it would still be pretty fun. Hell, I would say Halo 2 is better than all the modern FPS Xbox Arcade games.
---
hey foo
hey foo
#49spacejamjordanzPosted 7/5/2014 6:29:06 PM
AgentLocke posted...
_Doomguy_ posted...

He isn't really wrong though.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#50PoweredMilkManPosted 7/5/2014 7:12:21 PM
it basically set the standard for mulitplayer on consoles
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam - bloodandbourbon