Can't wait until the greatest franchise of all time comes back for the Xbox one!

#1odogs4Posted 7/3/2014 9:38:37 PM
Yes I'm talking about mass effect ! Played all of the games over and over with multiple play throughs . Anyone else waiting for the next chapter in the mass effect universe ?
---
NBA = Spurs , MLB = Chicago Cubs
#2LooksLikeRainPosted 7/3/2014 9:44:28 PM
I hated the first Mass Effect. Because of this, I've ignore the sequels. Am I missing out?
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#3TrueKhaosPosted 7/3/2014 9:45:46 PM
I can't wait! Favorite game series by far. I loved every moment of it. Bioware should make a "Commander Shepherd" Edition Mass Effect 1-3 plus all DLC for Xbox One and PS4 to get ready for the new one
---
Gamertag : TrueKhaos
"Even heroes know when to be scared"
#4TenzhiPosted 7/3/2014 9:46:21 PM
The combat in the first one ultimately put me off and I never finished it. The second one was decent. And I never played the third one beyond the demo because I didn't care for the gameplay and really hated the advancement mechanics previewed in the demo. I'd be interested in another one, but I'm not quivering with anticipation for it.
---
Cheating has gone hand-in-hand with gaming for centuries. Video games in particular often have cheats built right into the game.
#5TrueKhaosPosted 7/3/2014 9:47:24 PM
Mass effect 1 takes some getting used to but it's really amazing. The sequels are even better gameplay wise. You definitely should try them. I've beaten each one about 7 times
---
#6DarkReign2022Posted 7/3/2014 9:48:50 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
I hated the first Mass Effect. Because of this, I've ignore the sequels. Am I missing out?

Lol. Have you ever played Earth Defense Force. Mass Effect 1 plays pretty much like that. Now Mass Effect 2 and 3, they play more like Gears of War. Basically ME 2 and ME3 are Gears of War with a story, plot, and dialog that are actually worth investing your time into.

TLDR; Love or hate ME1, you're missing out by not playing ME2 (ME3 is a point of contention I don't wish to get into for fear of being trolled so late into the evening.)
#7LooksLikeRainPosted 7/3/2014 9:49:40 PM
DarkReign2022 posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

Lol. Have you ever played Earth Defense Force. Mass Effect 1 plays pretty much like that. Now Mass Effect 2 and 3, they play more like Gears of War. Basically ME 2 and ME3 are Gears of War with a story, plot, and dialog that are actually worth investing your time into.

TLDR; Love or hate ME1, you're missing out by not playing ME2 (ME3 is a point of contention I don't wish to get into for fear of being trolled so late into the evening.)

Thanks. Maybe I'll see if I can find it for cheap.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#8TrueKhaosPosted 7/3/2014 9:50:05 PM
I actually loved Mass Effect 3, ending and all
---
#9DarkReign2022Posted 7/3/2014 9:57:49 PM
TrueKhaos posted...

I did too. The only things that irked me about ME3 is how linear the storyline became (whereas you could at least mix up the order you did the missions in ME 1 and 2) and the fact that none of your choices in the 3 games had any impact on the finale. I wanted to at least see my War Assets put to action in the final stages of the war (disappointed in general that the whole Earth Assault was only about an hour long. Reapers don't seem so tough after that...)
#10TrueKhaosPosted 7/3/2014 9:59:27 PM
DarkReign2022 posted...
TrueKhaos posted...

I did too. The only things that irked me about
ME3 is how linear the storyline became (whereas you could at least mix up the order you did the missions in ME 1 and 2) and the fact that none of your choices in the 3 games had any impact on the finale. I wanted to at least see my War Assets put to action in the final stages of the war (disappointed in general that the whole Earth Assault was only about an hour long. Reapers don't seem so tough after that...)

I just wonder how the original ending would have played out if they had kept it
---