UFC DEMO costs $4.99

#101redeyes6778Posted 7/4/2014 12:40:58 PM
IceHusky posted...
I wish EA and other gaming companies would start charging for demos. $5 dollars is a drop in the bucket for me as I am super-rich. If you can't afford this hobby, including for paid demos, than maybe you need to find a new hobby. So much entitlement in gamers these days. -_-"

Someone needs to be taxed by obama again this month
#102MetroidJunkiePosted 7/4/2014 1:03:09 PM
gorgexpress posted...
EA themselves have already said this is the result of an error and will be fixed within 24 hours. All their demos are still free on PSN.

Yeah, I'm not buying it. My guess is they wanted to see if they could get away with it and, since they couldn't, it was just an error. You really think they would've been in a rush to correct it if nobody complained?
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#103LittleKohakuPosted 7/4/2014 1:13:53 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
EA has never lied about anything ever. They are paragons of virtue who love gaming, gamers and giving good, fair deals to all involved!

God bless EA, a company filled with scholars and gentlemen;0)

IceHusky posted...
I wish EA and other gaming companies would start charging for demos. $5 dollars is a drop in the bucket for me as I am super-rich. If you can't afford this hobby, including for paid demos, than maybe you need to find a new hobby. So much entitlement in gamers these days. -_-"

I'm not sure but I think these might be the famous sarcasm I see a lot. Made me laugh though and brightened my day. Thank you.
#104quincy2000aPosted 7/4/2014 1:51:50 PM
EA EXPLAINS PRICES ON XBOX ONE GAME DEMOS WERE A TECHNICAL ERROR

http://www.gamingenthusiast.net/ea-explains-prices-xbox-one-game-demos-technical-error/
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#105SoulTrapper(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 2:10:26 PM
quincy2000a posted...

http://www.gamingenthusiast.net/ea-explains-prices-xbox-one-game-demos-technical-error/

Yeah, this part of the article is pretty interesting, though:

Evidence was that these prices popped up for both Australia and UK. While it would be believable if it only happened in one region, having it come up in two seems like a pretty glaring red flag. Perhaps EA should provide further explanation on why prices would even come up on the demos in the first place.
#106Kovalchuk_Posted 7/4/2014 2:12:09 PM
SoulTrapper posted...
quincy2000a posted...

Yeah, this part of the article is pretty interesting, though:

Evidence was that these prices popped up for both Australia and UK. While it would be believable if it only happened in one region, having it come up in two seems like a pretty glaring red flag. Perhaps EA should provide further explanation on why prices would even come up on the demos in the first place.

stretch.
---
3754-7115-0719
#107GordatonPosted 7/4/2014 2:39:12 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
quickposter posted...
If people actually bend over and take this then others will follow.

Look how many people bought an Xbox One last fall despite everything wrong with the device, Microsoft's confused "vision" over the course of last year, and the inflated pricetag.

Suckers are born every minute and sustain companies who make idiotic decisions like $5 demos.

BS BS BS, I am a very informed consumer and I had ZERO problem with the original vision of the Xbox One. I would have bought it easily.
#108LittleKohakuPosted 7/4/2014 2:48:56 PM
quincy2000a posted...

The problem is that EA has been caught putting gamers on the back burner several times. If they weren't a repeat offender of instances like this the Error would be more believable. All this tells me is that their PR department is doing their job. Someone at EA has to be I guess.
#109bossk5Posted 7/4/2014 3:02:03 PM
I've brought 25 boxes of Aluminum Foil...is that enough for you guys to make your cute little hats?
---
I buy used games. I own a PS4, so according to Gamefaqs law I now have the right to act like a complete douchebag on the Xbox One board.
#110ILikesCheesePosted 7/4/2014 3:15:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]