why for you modern gaming is better than retrogaming (from 3rd gen till the 6th)

#11twinspectre(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 10:03:53 AM
userfrigginame posted...
I don't personally find modern gaming to be better than games in the past, but certain aspects are better with modern gaming, like graphics (polygon count and resolution), scale of the game, and online gaming.

moderngaming sucks because RegenHealth , Waypoints , Dumbed Down Gameplay , handholding , Cinematic experience
---
My PSN : twinspectre and My 3DS friendcode : 5472-8257-3365
HARDCORE GAMERS MASTER RACE
#12LooksLikeRainPosted 7/4/2014 10:06:06 AM
twinspectre posted...
userfrigginame posted...
I don't personally find modern gaming to be better than games in the past, but certain aspects are better with modern gaming, like graphics (polygon count and resolution), scale of the game, and online gaming.

moderngaming sucks because RegenHealth , Waypoints , Dumbed Down Gameplay , handholding , Cinematic experience

You can't just lump all games together like that. There's plenty of retro games that suffer from everything you just whined about.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#13ILikesCheesePosted 7/4/2014 10:07:09 AM
twinspectre posted...
why for you modern gaming is better than retrogaming (from 3rd gen till the 6th

That is a horribly worded sentence, especially considering it is a topic thread title.

The PS2 era was also the pentacle of the Second Video Game Age for me, so "modern" gaming? Meh.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#14ILikesCheesePosted 7/4/2014 10:24:08 AM(edited)
aszsith posted...
So gen 1 and 2 are what, antique gaming?

If you want to go by the Generally Accepted Video Game Principles...as discussed on Wikipedia in exhaustive detail...

Gen 1 - Late 60's to mid 70's. First arcade games such as Spacewar and home systems like Pong.

Gen 2 - 1977 - 1983. Atari. Intellivision. Colecovision. Odyssey 2. Birth of the home console in earnest. Coin Ops in arcades at the peak of their popularity.

The End - 1984.

Gen 3 - The beginning of the Second Age due to the NES. And to a lesser degree the initial Sega system.

Gen 4 - 1989. SNES, Sega Genesis, TurboG 16, Neo Geo.

Gen 5 - 1994. N64, PS1, Sega Saturn

Gen 6 - 2000. Gamecube, PS2, Xbox (I don't count the Dreamcast in 1999.)

Gen 7 - 2005. Wii, PS3, Xbox 360

Gen 8 - 2012. Wii U, PS4, Xbox One

Exact dates are somewhat subjective, so if you disagree with my timeline, it's all good.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#15twinspectre(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 4:56:04 PM
LooksLikeRain posted...
twinspectre posted...
userfrigginame posted...

You can't just lump all games together like that. There's plenty of retro games that suffer from everything you just whined about.

i don't consider PS3 and 360 Retro since 7th gen SUcked
---
My PSN : twinspectre and My 3DS friendcode : 5472-8257-3365
HARDCORE GAMERS MASTER RACE
#16Blade_Of_IcePosted 7/4/2014 5:01:15 PM
other than 1 or 2 series i've never felt the need to go back further than the ps2/xbox days, and other than exclusives i can get all those on the pc now

its a matter of moving forward and leaving the past where it belongs, aside from ocarina of time, and a couple other titles i could easily say, if i never had the oppertunity to play the N64 ever, i would have no regrets.
#17njkking01Posted 7/4/2014 5:18:59 PM
Modern gaming is better imo because alot of games can tell a great story. Red Dead Redemption is the reason why modern gaming is better.
---
Please check out my channel!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI2Dtq7vY_twxZUTCQKdmyg
#18ComradeRyanPosted 7/5/2014 9:36:21 AM
I am a sucker for graphics. The current generation will always be my favorite.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com