EA demo pricing is an error.

#11bob15xPosted 7/4/2014 10:43:37 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I have trouble believing this was an "error". It looks more like they're back pedaling on an idea they thought they'd try, and it failed miserably.

well then seek help. Its an error. They wouldn't have made a change that fast if it was a test.
#12AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/4/2014 10:44:17 AM
LMAO @ the hateful bile continuing to ooze out of bob15x;)
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps
#13LooksLikeRain(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 10:45:22 AM
I seriously want to know what makes you guys think this wasn't an error.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#14DarkAdonis123Posted 7/4/2014 10:48:56 AM
bob15x posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I have trouble believing this was an "error". It looks more like they're back pedaling on an idea they thought they'd try, and it failed miserably.

well then seek help. Its an error. They wouldn't have made a change that fast if it was a test.

I don't need to seek s***. It doesn't effect me either way. If the backlash is large enough, change can happen almost instantly. Just like the debacle with paid versions of DriveClub being tied to having PSN. They flipped that around literally overnight.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#15AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/4/2014 10:49:51 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
bob15x posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...

I don't need to seek s***. It doesn't effect me either way. If the backlash is large enough, change can happen almost instantly. Just like the debacle with paid versions of DriveClub being tied to having PSN. They flipped that around literally overnight.

By bob's "logic" the Driveclub thing was just a glitch too;)

Guess Sony's off the hook bois!1!1!1
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps
#16LooksLikeRain(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 10:51:51 AM
So nothing? No support for the 'not an error' statements? Just foil hats?
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#17DarkAdonis123Posted 7/4/2014 10:52:32 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...

None of is have proof either way. No matter how well constructed an argument may be, without proof it's still just speculation. It genuinely may have been an error. But given EA's ways, you can't seriously be surprised that people aren't just willing to believe whatever they say.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#18Darth StalinPosted 7/4/2014 10:57:50 AM
Iokua posted...
Oh, it wasn't an error. It was a test. A test to see how we'd respond. EA is watching us, man, through the Kinect, man. It's all a giant "Can we charge for demos? Konami got away with it, so why not us?" conspiracy!!!

lol
---
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos | PSN - Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.... Will get a Wii U when SSB comes out.
#19Gillian SeedPosted 7/4/2014 11:10:26 AM
There were pricing errors on the Xbox 360. That's how I got Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light for free (before it became a GwG game). And a few times DOTW sales had their prices raised or lowered about half a day after the sale went live, or even had some games completely removed being part of the sale.

I suppose it's possible they originally planned to charge for the demos, but it's just as possible it really was an error. I'd guess more so the latter. If EA was going to start charging for demos I highly doubt Microsoft would let them start with demos that are free on the PS4.
#20SoulTrapperPosted 7/4/2014 2:11:33 PM(edited)
LooksLikeRain posted...

It's EA, that's pretty much all that's needed for people to believe this could be true.

Says a lot about the companies' reputation and it's well deserved with their history:

https://i.imgur.com/9eUTAcx.png

On top of that, they have talked about paid demos in the past:

http://kotaku.com/5498985/electronic-arts-plans-to-make-you-pay-for-glorified-game-demos

And, adding to that, is the fact that this happened in multiple regions (Australia, UK and US).