EA demo pricing is an error.

#41SlippyedPosted 7/4/2014 11:41:41 PM
Nothing wrong with remaining open to both possibilities.
#42Spetsnaz420Posted 7/4/2014 11:46:26 PM
It was to test the waters and when they noticed their demo download ads halt to zero they had to 180
---
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#43LooksLikeRain(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 5:58:37 AM
I wish people would stop pretending they have any idea what goes on at EA.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#44LooksLikeRain(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 6:00:41 AM
Enclave posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
You have to stop assuming the people running EA aren't vastly more intelligent than you; they are.

You don't know many executives, do you? They're ordinary people generally.

I'm willing to bet you don't know many either.

Furthermore, what's your net worth?

How have you contributed to making your company earn tons of money?
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#45Gillian SeedPosted 7/5/2014 7:53:20 AM
RyuuHou25 posted...
Gillian Seed posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Gillian Seed posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
Because how is EA claiming it's an error when they have literally no control over the XB shop? They shouldn't have any knowledge of the inner workings of XBL, and why is an Australia EA rep the one commenting on this?

Well, if EA knows they aren't charging for the demo, and they see there is a charge for the demo, then they can tell something is wrong.

So can MS. Who remained silent about it. Not to mention this happened in the NA stores, so again, why is an Australia rep commenting on it?

I'm saying EA doesn't need any knowledge of the inner workings of Xbox Live to comment on it. If EA knows there shouldn't be a fee for the demo then they would already know something is amiss. It's not odd that EA would comment on it.

As for why an Australian rep is the first to comment on it, all I can do is guess. Maybe there are more Australian reps on hand during this US holiday? The news broke in the middle of last night for the US. Maybe Australian reps commented first because it was the afternoon for the them.

Actually, they kind of do, see that's why their statement about it being an error and would be resolved within 24 hours makes no sense. How the f*** would they know that if they don't have access to XBL and its inner workings exactly?

They could certainly guess. But otherwise, it's highly suspect that they would actually know it's an error in a system they have no control, say so, or access to generally.

The rep didn't go into a full breakdown of what went wrong. Going by Polygon all that was said is something is wrong, and it should be fixed within 24 hours. Pricing errors that happened on the Xbox 360 were fixed in less than 24 hours, so it's probably known these kind of problems are fixed in that amount of time.

Also, the EA reps could have checked with someone at Microsoft before they gave Polygon a statement.
#46SpikeTheSpaceCowboyPosted 7/5/2014 8:16:37 AM
This isn't any worse than MGS Ground Zero being released for $29.99.
---
GamerTag: MA5T3R SPIKE
"Be water my friend"
#47EnclavePosted 7/5/2014 8:39:43 AM
LooksLikeRain posted...
Enclave posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
You have to stop assuming the people running EA aren't vastly more intelligent than you; they are.

That's where you're wrong, I do know a number of executives. You shouldn't make assumptions.

Additionally, I'm not going to talk about my own net worth, especially on GameFAQs of all places. All you need to know is that I know executives and they're ordinary people when you get down to it.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#48RyuuHou25Posted 7/5/2014 9:45:56 AM
Amazing how much people want to kiss the ass of EA in this thread.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#49Gillian SeedPosted 7/5/2014 12:11:29 PM
I'm not defending EA. For all I know they were going to charge for the demo. But an Australian EA rep being the one to give a comment isn't odd. Especially since it was done at a time when the people in the US were probably still asleep, and it was a US holiday.
#50gobuffalo30Posted 7/5/2014 12:15:43 PM
Enclave posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Enclave posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...

That's where you're wrong, I do know a number of executives. You shouldn't make assumptions.

Additionally, I'm not going to talk about my own net worth, especially on GameFAQs of all places. All you need to know is that I know executives and they're ordinary people when you get down to it.

This is also true at my job. The executives I deal with are normal people with a job.