What was the last game that made you emotional? [SPOILERS]

#11Legend053180Posted 7/4/2014 12:29:27 PM
Mario Kart 8
They should really give you 2-3 seconds of invincibility after getting shelled. I was hit with a red shell, had a green to take the hit, then immediately hit with another red, then a green, then another green. Went from 2nd to 11th before I had a chance to respond.
I can say my emotions were unbalanced then.
#12_MrENigma_Posted 7/4/2014 12:30:44 PM
The game..... of life. It's been one hell of a roller coaster ride of emotions. ;-)
---
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz
#13Garage_ManPosted 7/4/2014 12:41:14 PM
I don't generally get emotional in games but FFIX many of the scenes spoke to me. Especially the ending....never had that happen before.

Also the very beginning of the The Last of Us is just pure art. I wish we had more of that.
#14JK8289Posted 7/4/2014 12:45:20 PM
Last one I can think of is BF4. Idk. The campaign just hit me. Moments of goosebumps on the neck caused by certains moments in the story and the well placed music.
---
GT: KillerIsHere828
#15Demigod_ElessarPosted 7/4/2014 12:46:24 PM
A few specific titles come to mind:

I've been playing through Outlast for the past few weeks (along with the DLC), and it definitely gets me going just regarding how intense it is. And while I would say I am not necessarily easily scared (I am a huge horror/zombie fanatic), there were a few particular "jump" scares that got me good. Other than that, it's just a very intense, adrenaline-rushing game, especially when you try playing it like I did, where you can't hide under any beds or in any lockers.

Final Fantasy X HD Remastered... I played through the game several times starting in 2002 when it was on the PS2. But I was younger then, and didn't really grasp the storyline (or the ending). Anyway, when I played through the HD Remaster earlier this year (first time I'd played it in probably 7-8+ years?), I did get emotional during the ending; during the part where Tidus looks down and sees his hands start to fade, since he's about to disappear. The piano that starts to play at this exact moment too added to it... I didn't cry or anything, but there was definitely a noticeable lump in my throat, that was never there any of the other times I played the game a decade ago.

And while I absolutely loved The Walking Dead season 1, I didn't really feel anything at the ending. If anything, I just had this overwhelming desire to protect Clementine throughout the episodes. Don't know why, or how, a video game character made me feel that way.

And pretty much just about all of Zelda: Majora's Mask, as a whole. That game is just so dark, gloomy, and depressing.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#16shoji_joPosted 7/4/2014 12:51:46 PM
The Walking Dead season one, was the most recent. Really didn't expect to be so attached to the character.

Prior to that, Mass Effect 3, Heavy Rain, Beyond two souls, Metal Gear Solid 3...actually most Metal Gears affect me.