So 68% Of Gamefaqs users do not want a Xbox One?....Damn

#151Silent_21_SnakePosted 7/4/2014 8:49:17 PM
FPS_hitman posted...
derrate posted...
Spookyryu posted...
its Psfaqs

Actually the typical gamefaqs user is a Pokedex toting Nintendo fanboy that hates MS and Sony.

I notice more of that then anything.

Think about the anti-sports, anti-gun, "where's my gay character!" , etc... you get here a lot. Then polls, character battles, and other factors show this is more nintendo and bro-nie land.

I don't think being anti-sports, anti-gun and asking for gay equality means you fly the flag for Nintendo necessarily. Think its just the basic view held by the majority of actual gamers.

Most gamers are fed up of sport games on their 15th, 18th, 20th installments which are essentially carbon copies of the same game they hashed out one year prior.
Similarly most gamers are fed up of gun warfare and general FPS, they saturated the market to the extent they became stale and multiplayer reliant at the expense of a worthwhile campaign, not to mention infuriatingly short and unimaginative.
Likewise, most gamers and human beings as a whole (well, decent people) are tolerant and respectful of race-gender-sexual orientation and class, and as such may like to see a better representation of things like gay characters.

I personally use playstation more than the others.
But honestly, i think its Microsoft's own fault that 68% of users here on GameFAQs don't want an Xbox One, of which i don't either.

Microsoft likes its NFL, it likes its TV, it likes its sports, it likes to have Madden in your face and "hey here's this random actor/celebrity/athlete promoting our product so you must want it right?!" Not to mention the amount of times they announce a new feature that is either US exclusive or will arrive outside of the US at a later undisclosed date.
Basically, MS is very pro-America which is perfectly fine because its an American company. But, America is one nation. It isolates the rest of the World. I do not want NFL, or sports, or Madden, or cross-chat in FPS' pretending i'm a soldier, or some basketball player trying to sell me a product.
I don't care for practically a single thing MS has going for it, because i'm not American. It caters to an American audience. Even here in the UK my 360 permanently had an NFL app tagged on my front page. Why would i want that? Or baseball or NBA or any of that? MS forgets there is a World out there. In America i'm sure Microsoft are utterly revered with nothing but love, but that 68% that don't want the Xbox One.. that's the rest of the World.

By the way before anybody suggests this is an anti-American post, it isn't. It's a knock on a company which doesn't focus on the rest of the World with the same unequivocal unconditional support it gives out within the US. Playstation is the choice of Europe i would say. When i turn my console on, i don't sift through waves of American media and entertainment. I just play my video games.
---
"In my restless dreams. I see that town..Silent Hill"
#152InfinityOver0Posted 7/4/2014 8:51:37 PM
EsperValkyrie posted...
InfinityOver0 posted...
x1 is just another dreamcast

You are joking right? People actually loved the dreamcast when it released. The only way it's another dreamcast if it means this is the end for Microsoft consoles.

that is precisely the meaning of my post
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#153gobuffalo30Posted 7/4/2014 9:02:59 PM
XxkaimxX posted...
The weird thing about the polls to me is that when a poll features a nintendo product, the nintendo product has a massive margin over other options, yet Nintendo is not doing that well in sales as represented in the polls. If people are so gungho about Nintendo then why arent they buying their products?

Anyone else noticed this or am I just seeing things?

The people on this site probably are but maybe a lot of others aren't. If it wasn't for this site, I may not even know the wii u existed.
#154funguy10Posted 7/4/2014 9:04:07 PM
My main reason is because of the RRODs. I personally paid for 6 of them before MS admitted they were faulty during launch. So, I will never buy or trust MS again.
#155Kakarot0598Posted 7/4/2014 9:04:08 PM
I, at least, don't want ANY of the new consoles right now. I'll buy them in 2 to 3 years, when there's more available for them.
#156lVlAtlZiXPosted 7/4/2014 9:15:17 PM
Whats even funnier is that before the ssytems launched they all said they would take PS4 over XB1, but over half of the site still hasnt purchased ANY next-gen console.
---
GT: MAtRiX 757
PSN: MAtRiX_757
#157gobuffalo30Posted 7/4/2014 9:17:55 PM
funguy10 posted...
My main reason is because of the RRODs. I personally paid for 6 of them before MS admitted they were faulty during launch. So, I will never buy or trust MS again.

I just had 3, but I didn't pay for any repairs. It was like clockwork, every 18 months it would die. Bought a new slim a few weeks ago, almost made it two years before the power supply fan decided to quit working; every time it got too hot it shut the console off.
#158avanentPosted 7/4/2014 9:22:41 PM
lVlAtlZiX posted...
Whats even funnier is that before the ssytems launched they all said they would take PS4 over XB1, but over half of the site still hasnt purchased ANY next-gen console.

Have we had a poll yet that asks if you own ANY of the new systems? Or are you just taking a guess?
#159Namord1Posted 7/4/2014 9:24:08 PM
There are some legit reasons why the world feels this way.
1- Cost. Initially $100 pricier than the PS4, it seemed like a bad idea (and still will be till it drops below $300 (look at the PS3 initial cost)).

2- DRM. Digital Rights Management (do go and look it up).

3- Features. Someone here mentioned something about apps and things unrelated to the purpose upon which the consumer has spent his/her hard money on. I. Hate. Sports. And I certainly would. It like to see it in my face. I. Want. To. Play. It helps me be a better person and keeps my onmicidal thoughts in check. These unnecessary things should be under the social tab (and nowhere else) with the option of what to display.

4- wish list. Backwards Compatibility and hardware. It's really sad to see Harry, who spent a small fortune buying almost every game that came out on the Xbox and the 360 to find out that he's going to sell the games and console to emulate them. Harry is a better guy than Sam because sam did the same thing for the PS. 3 generations of games and can't play them on the newest console. That. Is. A. Mistake. Just like forcing a Kinect to ship out with every console.

I'm one of those guys who has no Internet. Why do I need that thing for really? There are games out there that do use the K (those who use it exclusively have yet to properly track people right (I might be wrong)).
#160ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/4/2014 9:33:43 PM
Namord1 posted...
There are some legit reasons why the world feels this way.
1- Cost. Initially $100 pricier than the PS4, it seemed like a bad idea (and still will be till it drops below $300 (look at the PS3 initial cost)).

2- DRM. Digital Rights Management (do go and look it up).

3- Features. Someone here mentioned something about apps and things unrelated to the purpose upon which the consumer has spent his/her hard money on. I. Hate. Sports. And I certainly would. It like to see it in my face. I. Want. To. Play. It helps me be a better person and keeps my onmicidal thoughts in check. These unnecessary things should be under the social tab (and nowhere else) with the option of what to display.

4- wish list. Backwards Compatibility and hardware. It's really sad to see Harry, who spent a small fortune buying almost every game that came out on the Xbox and the 360 to find out that he's going to sell the games and console to emulate them. Harry is a better guy than Sam because sam did the same thing for the PS. 3 generations of games and can't play them on the newest console. That. Is. A. Mistake. Just like forcing a Kinect to ship out with every console.

I'm one of those guys who has no Internet. Why do I need that thing for really? There are games out there that do use the K (those who use it exclusively have yet to properly track people right (I might be wrong)).

When it comes to apps I don't think Microsoft realizes the implications of what they are trying to push. Why would anyone hook up a third party machine to skype, netflix, hulu etc when their TV already does it? Seriously smart tvs are only becoming more and more affordable so what's the point of a third party machine when your TV already does it with the press of a button?

Backwards compatibility for say how the WiiU has it will never probably happen on the Xbox or PlayStation because they use completely different architectures. The 360 wasn't even a blue ray player but the xbox one is. That alone is making the attempt very tricky and if MS does figure out a way to do BC they would more than likely charge for it. Sony is with PSNow.
---
Valar morghulis