So 68% Of Gamefaqs users do not want a Xbox One?....Damn

#161BPSatsukiPosted 7/4/2014 8:42:10 PM
xtacb posted...
what are bigger message boards than gamefaqs?

what do those message boards think? are those Pro Nintendo too?

neogaf is bigger than gamefaq, and they are extremely pro-nintendo. overrall nintie fans rule gaming boards since they are being outcasted in the real world
#162dormcastePosted 7/4/2014 8:50:06 PM
leonodo posted...
To put it simply, while it is true that gfaqs doesn't represent the entire gaming community, the results of the poll show that the xbone is scoffed at amongst the gaming community. I'm sure it will be a success amongst the casuals though

That's because the gaming community has a hard time saying "I bought it because I wanted to" and leaving it at that. I don't care if the Xbox One is better or worse hardware wise than the PS4. My PC smokes them both. I have my Xbox One to play with my friends in split screen co-op. I like the voice commands with Kinect. I love the controller. None of these things are objectively better. I just wanted them. I don't get why the gaming community is so full of idiots who think every decision has to be justified beyond a simple "I wanted it" answer. It's almost as if not giving a damn about the majority opinion isn't acceptable... funny how that works
#163avanentPosted 7/4/2014 8:53:00 PM
Except the problem is the amount of things people didn't want...
#164dormcastePosted 7/4/2014 9:03:12 PM
I'd like to know how many of those people even legitimately tried out the console before whining about it.
#165SSJ4AngelusPosted 7/4/2014 9:06:38 PM
funguy10 posted...
My main reason is because of the RRODs. I personally paid for 6 of them before MS admitted they were faulty during launch. So, I will never buy or trust MS again.

On my 5th PS3. First bought in Dec. 2007. It was brand new and lasted a month. What pissed me off is Sony refused to honor their warranty simply because I mentioned it was bought online, even though I had the CC invoice from Target.com. After that I refused to line their pockets with my $$$ by buying brand new PS3s. 2nd was used and lasted 3.5 years. 3rd was used and lasted 3 years. 4th was refurbished, bought in Feb. of 2014 and lasted a week(the Sony technician or licensed by Sony tech had signed off on it a month earlier according to the label when I opened it up to remove a game that was inside when it YLOD). 5th is used and has lasted 4 months so far. Bought launch X360 and it lasted 3.5 years. On 2nd X360 now, bought brand new and is almost 5 years old and it hasn't had any problems. From my personal experience, Sony makes crappy quality consoles but everyone says its MS who does.
---
Do we fight in order to gain more power, or do we gain more power in order to fight? - Kenpachi Zaraki, the Captain of Squad Eleven
#166gobuffalo30Posted 7/4/2014 9:14:54 PM
dormcaste posted...
leonodo posted...
To put it simply, while it is true that gfaqs doesn't represent the entire gaming community, the results of the poll show that the xbone is scoffed at amongst the gaming community. I'm sure it will be a success amongst the casuals though

That's because the gaming community has a hard time saying "I bought it because I wanted to" and leaving it at that. I don't care if the Xbox One is better or worse hardware wise than the PS4. My PC smokes them both. I have my Xbox One to play with my friends in split screen co-op. I like the voice commands with Kinect. I love the controller. None of these things are objectively better. I just wanted them. I don't get why the gaming community is so full of idiots who think every decision has to be justified beyond a simple "I wanted it" answer. It's almost as if not giving a damn about the majority opinion isn't acceptable... funny how that works

Agreed. People can't handle someone's opinion, but it also doesn't help when people make topics or posts that try to push opinions or lies as facts.
#167RagnawindPosted 7/4/2014 9:24:40 PM
SSJ4Angelus posted...
funguy10 posted...
My main reason is because of the RRODs. I personally paid for 6 of them before MS admitted they were faulty during launch. So, I will never buy or trust MS again.

On my 5th PS3. First bought in Dec. 2007. It was brand new and lasted a month. What pissed me off is Sony refused to honor their warranty simply because I mentioned it was bought online, even though I had the CC invoice from Target.com. After that I refused to line their pockets with my $$$ by buying brand new PS3s. 2nd was used and lasted 3.5 years. 3rd was used and lasted 3 years. 4th was refurbished, bought in Feb. of 2014 and lasted a week(the Sony technician or licensed by Sony tech had signed off on it a month earlier according to the label when I opened it up to remove a game that was inside when it YLOD). 5th is used and has lasted 4 months so far. Bought launch X360 and it lasted 3.5 years. On 2nd X360 now, bought brand new and is almost 5 years old and it hasn't had any problems. From my personal experience, Sony makes crappy quality consoles but everyone says its MS who does.

That was just bad luck, just like the RRoD, though the RRoD actually was more common due to design flaws. With the PS3, I have owned 1 for 5 years with no problems except the disc driving needing replaced twice and the system was refurbished and bought back in 2009, I think it was. All the people I know wo got an X360 had the RRoD at least once and got it fixed every time for cheaper than a new system and lasted for about the same amount of time as the first time before RRoD.
#168matthatter56Posted 7/4/2014 9:25:14 PM
Spookyryu posted...
its Psfaqs

I used to be like them than I took a Sunset Overdrive to the knee. Yeah I couldn't resist.

Seriously that is the game that made me see the entire console war is pointless.
#169MacrossSpecialPosted 7/4/2014 9:25:28 PM
Run_2_the_Hills posted...
MacrossSpecial posted...
It'll probably be about the same for ps4, there is just no reason to own one yet.

Obviously I would take one if it were offered but I wouldn't pay for one.

no it was already done for the ps4 yesterday or the day before:

X1
http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/5560

ps4
http://www.gamefaqs.com/poll/5559

I guess it is just microsoft then. They really made a lot of enemies out of consumers with the shenanigans they pulled in the months before release.
---
...Dude, you're a ****ing douche. Get off my god damn internets.
- RX7Infinitilll
#170AceAndJunpeiPosted 7/4/2014 9:42:52 PM
SSJ4Angelus posted...
funguy10 posted...

The real fact is that both companies made consoles that would s*** the bed too often.

I've been through a few PS3's and 360's. They're equally guilty at best.

Nintendo makes crap L/R buttons on the DS/3DS lines as well.

I will say my launch Wii is still going strong though.

All 3 need to be held accountable for product flaws. That's a right guaranteed to every consumer.
---
You're like a puzzle that can't be solved, some pieces never fill the gaps