Why so much hate??

#41UtterMoonPosted 7/4/2014 12:24:19 PM
Oh for the love of....

The hate has died down dramatically over the last month or so...and is it so shocking to believe that some people may not like the thing that you like?
#42Orange_ApplesPosted 7/4/2014 12:27:07 PM
Elduderman posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
Elduderman posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
There was a whole lot of things that happened last year as well.

But Microsoft knew that people were mad about the things they wanted to restrict on Xbox One and Microsoft changed those requirements

one of the people up at the top at Xbox said something along the lines of "our core audience will buy our product no matter what."

Then the core audience didn't buy the XB1. They didn't change it for the fans, they changed it because sales projections were even worse than things are now. If the core fans bought the console you can sure as hell bet that Microsoft wouldn't have changed anything.

Microsoft has done a whole lot of crap that people weren't happy about buy people put up with it because they were already in Xbox. Now that people had the chance to switch those core Xbox people Microsoft pissed off Sony took. Just because Microsoft changed things doesn't make them different than when they wanted to have always online.
It's like if someone is in an abusive relationship. Just because the abuser stops doing it for a month doesn't mean the abuse is over.

But it's not about an abusive relationship....It's just a toy! Think about every single politician since the beginning of time, they lie all day long and we still vote them into 2nd or 3rd terms without batting an eye, hell I've done it twice!! What I'm just trying to get at is that my Xbox One is pretty darn cool and I don't think that the people who bash it have even tried playing one cause like I said, it's a pretty sweet toy

You can call it a toy, but by continuing to use said toy you are entering a relationship with the maker of that toy and the understanding of the relationship is that you will use said toy and the maker will not make using said toy impossible.

Microsoft wanted to make using the Xbox One impossible for a large number of people. Their response to the people who wanted to get an Xbox One but couldn't use it was "get an Xbox 360".

There is someone else making a toy that is just as good (if not better) that costs less and that company said, "All the crap and restrictions that company has to go along with their toy you don't have to get with our toy."

most companies have a few drunk nights where they beat on consumers, or have moments where they aren't thinking properly and do something dumb. Microsoft on the other hand has been overtly abusive with every venture they partake in.

Did you know that people need an annual subscription for the latest Microsoft Office? Apple will pre-install their office suite and not charge for it. And then there are Open Office and Libre Office which are free online.

They abuse the fact that they have a huge portion of the professional market.

The hate is not just for Xbox, there is just general spite for Microsoft on top of it.
#43Elduderman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 12:27:39 PM
InfinityOver0 posted...
Elduderman posted...
All it is is a toy to entertain us nothing more nothing less

kinect is a marketing tool, nothing more, nothing less. MS even said as much. the more you post, the more of an x1 fan boy you look like

Everything is a marketing tool. Look at ALL the adds just on the gamefaq webpage you're using right now!
#44Elduderman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 12:33:31 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
Elduderman posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
Elduderman posted...
Orange_Apples posted...
There was a whole lot of things that happened last year as well.

But Microsoft knew that people were mad about the things they wanted to restrict on Xbox One and Microsoft changed those requirements

one of the people up at the top at Xbox said something along the lines of "our core audience will buy our product no matter what."

Then the core audience didn't buy the XB1. They didn't change it for the fans, they changed it because sales projections were even worse than things are now. If the core fans bought the console you can sure as hell bet that Microsoft wouldn't have changed anything.

Microsoft has done a whole lot of crap that people weren't happy about buy people put up with it because they were already in Xbox. Now that people had the chance to switch those core Xbox people Microsoft pissed off Sony took. Just because Microsoft changed things doesn't make them different than when they wanted to have always online.
It's like if someone is in an abusive relationship. Just because the abuser stops doing it for a month doesn't mean the abuse is over.

But it's not about an abusive relationship....It's just a toy! Think about every single politician since the beginning of time, they lie all day long and we still vote them into 2nd or 3rd terms without batting an eye, hell I've done it twice!! What I'm just trying to get at is that my Xbox One is pretty darn cool and I don't think that the people who bash it have even tried playing one cause like I said, it's a pretty sweet toy

You can call it a toy, but by continuing to use said toy you are entering a relationship with the maker of that toy and the understanding of the relationship is that you will use said toy and the maker will not make using said toy impossible.

Microsoft wanted to make using the Xbox One impossible for a large number of people. Their response to the people who wanted to get an Xbox One but couldn't use it was "get an Xbox 360".

There is someone else making a toy that is just as good (if not better) that costs less and that company said, "All the crap and restrictions that company has to go along with their toy you don't have to get with our toy."

most companies have a few drunk nights where they beat on consumers, or have moments where they aren't thinking properly and do something dumb. Microsoft on the other hand has been overtly abusive with every venture they partake in.

Did you know that people need an annual subscription for the latest Microsoft Office? Apple will pre-install their office suite and not charge for it. And then there are Open Office and Libre Office which are free online.

They abuse the fact that they have a huge portion of the professional market.

The hate is not just for Xbox, there is just general spite for Microsoft on top of it.

Don't like Office,,don't use Office. Don't like Xbox, don't play Xbox. I use Office and not Apple and I think Apple is a great company.. I don't play PS but I think Sony has done wonders in the electronic business. I don't hate the other companies that make products that I don't use. I drive a Ford but in now way hate Chevy or Dodge, all three trucks are great
#45Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/4/2014 12:53:21 PM(edited)
Elduderman posted...

In a previous post I stated that I live in the SF Bay Area,, where all this great technology from the world comes from. And corporations are a great thing not bad. The bigger the corp the better for the consumer. I sounded just like you when I was in my teens / 20's. One day you'll realize that mom and pop shops are a thing of a bygone era and with more than 7 billion people on the planet we need big companys to cloth and feed us. And what I'm originally getting at is why so much have for a toy???? It's not like when I was a kid people hated Sega cause their brand was Nintendo,, we played both

i go to mom and pops all the time, but when you're missing the point. when it's MS or corps it doesnt matter cause they'll go to where the money is so people should not let 'nationalism' influence what they want. they should buy what they like whether it's a x1 or ps4. in your original post you stated, support MS an american company when it really doesnt matter. and didnt you read the posts before? people arent hating the 'toy' outside of forums. they just dont see a reason they should pick up the 'toy' when there's a better 'toy' for the same price.
#46IzraeilPosted 7/4/2014 12:37:02 PM
Hopefully after XBOX One loses MS another $5+ billion dollars like the first xbox, they'll leave the gaming industry.
#47InfinityOver0Posted 7/4/2014 12:37:55 PM
Elduderman posted...
InfinityOver0 posted...
Elduderman posted...
All it is is a toy to entertain us nothing more nothing less

kinect is a marketing tool, nothing more, nothing less. MS even said as much. the more you post, the more of an x1 fan boy you look like

Everything is a marketing tool. Look at ALL the adds just on the gamefaq webpage you're using right now!

right but this website serves other purposes as well for users, game hints/tips/discussions. kinect was just supposed to track info, can it, and sell it. not to mention privacy with NSA or even that movie app that was going to count the number of ppl watching and charge you for more
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#48Orange_ApplesPosted 7/4/2014 12:43:38 PM
Elduderman posted...
Don't like Office,,don't use Office. Don't like Xbox, don't play Xbox. I use Office and not Apple and I think Apple is a great company.. I don't play PS but I think Sony has done wonders in the electronic business. I don't hate the other companies that make products that I don't use. I drive a Ford but in now way hate Chevy or Dodge, all three trucks are great

It isn't about liking or hating the competition. It is about taking a stance against policies and actions you do not agree with.

You look at things from the consumer goods level. As far as the hardware is concerned there is no vast difference between the XB1 and PS4. The companies behind those consumer goods have very different ideologies.
Microsoft sees consumers as things that give money so lets get as much money as we can.
Sony sees consumers as things that give money so lets not piss them off.
#49Elduderman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 12:50:12 PM
All your guy's opinions were great. Thanks for your comments whether you were for or against Xbox One. I like so many of you here know that we live in a great time for gaming and no matter what we will be entertained. Thanks guys :)