WTF? So Ryse 2 might be a PS4 exclusive?

#1Altair001Posted 7/4/2014 1:12:05 PM
http://www.worldsfactory.net/2014/07/04/rumor-sony-interested-buying-crytek

Now I didn't think Ryse was a great game or anything, but I saw it as the first Assassin's Creed, which was a mediocre game but had some cool ideas that could be expanded to make a great game, like Assassin's Creed 2 was.

But now MS seems to have let that slip through their fingers, why doesn't MS spend money on buying developers and IPs rather than buying up timed exclusivity? it's like they're not even looking at gaming as something they want to stay in for a long term.
#2Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/4/2014 1:14:13 PM
they probably won't even have a Ryse 2 if Sony did buy crytek. Even though Ryse gets talked about here a lot the game still was considered mediocre to the public and pro gaming reviewers
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#3TOhasNoRingPosted 7/4/2014 1:15:03 PM
How would sony even buy crytek if their broke..?
---
Intel Atom 1.20GHz - 512MB DDR2 SDRAM - Serial ATA 5400 RPM HDD - Intel GMA 3600
#4IzraeilPosted 7/4/2014 1:17:42 PM
TOhasNoRing posted...

That's just a myth, they have more games in development than any other company in the industry, they paying for all those somehow. Don't worry about it too much though, let Sony deal with that headache.
#5LooksLikeRainPosted 7/4/2014 1:22:30 PM
Izraeil posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...

That's just a myth, they have more games in development than any other company in the industry, they paying for all those somehow. Don't worry about it too much though, let Sony deal with that headache.

Lolllolololol
Ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaghahhha
Omg
Thank you for that.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#6Hvv0l24n9Posted 7/4/2014 1:28:51 PM
Izraeil posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...

wut
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#7FPS_hitmanPosted 7/4/2014 1:30:31 PM(edited)
TOhasNoRing posted...

Because companies are separated by divisions. PS is one of their if not top division. Everything else could go away and PS will still be around.

It like this... I worked for Halliburton. We have a division that cement the pipe in the wells, division that helps drill wells directional, division that fracs wells, division that controls drilling fluids, etc....

One divisions success and ones failure have nothing to do with what the other does or how it operates. One company different products and product lines. We had some that did other things like shaker screens that were dissolved due to no profit had no effect to any other division.
#8IzraeilPosted 7/4/2014 1:34:21 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Izraeil posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...

wut

Are you slow?
#9Exodus_PrimePosted 7/4/2014 1:37:53 PM
From what I've read Crytek did not want to sell the IP rights for RYSE to Microsoft, If Sony picks it up then good at least we'd get a RYSE sequel.

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#10Altair001(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 1:39:45 PM
Exodus_Prime posted...
From what I've read Crytek did not want to sell the IP rights for RYSE to Microsoft, If Sony picks it up then good at least we'd get a RYSE sequel.

---

How will we get the sequel if Sony picks it up?