WTF? So Ryse 2 might be a PS4 exclusive?

#11Homie_202Posted 7/4/2014 1:40:06 PM
I'm fine with that give it to the team that made God of War maybe it would actually be good then.
#12Homie_202Posted 7/4/2014 1:41:17 PM
Altair001 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
From what I've read Crytek did not want to sell the IP rights for RYSE to Microsoft, If Sony picks it up then good at least we'd get a RYSE sequel.

---

How will we get the sequel if Sony picks it up?

because if they picked up either crytek or ryse they would own the rights to ryse.
#13Altair001(Topic Creator)Posted 7/4/2014 1:42:24 PM
Homie_202 posted...
Altair001 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...
From what I've read Crytek did not want to sell the IP rights for RYSE to Microsoft, If Sony picks it up then good at least we'd get a RYSE sequel.

---

because if they picked up either crytek or ryse they would own the rights to ryse.

Exactly, which means we won't get the game...
#14liquidblue4Posted 7/4/2014 1:43:39 PM
Sony friends begging for Xbox games again.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#15mindoftwomoronsPosted 7/4/2014 1:43:44 PM
Well, ignoring projects currently in development, exclusive use of Cryengine 3 could be useful to them, much like Bethesda using Id Tech 5 for a majority of their games now.
---
http://giant.gfycat.com/BiodegradableRevolvingBlueandgoldmackaw.gif http://giant.gfycat.com/EvergreenMiserableBorer.gif
#16Exodus_PrimePosted 7/4/2014 1:45:06 PM
Altair001 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
Altair001 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

---

I would play it on my PS4.

---
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#17KID VIDPosted 7/4/2014 1:46:18 PM
But would Sony fans want a Ryse 2? All I hear from that camp is that the game sucks (I haven't played it myself).
---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#18Garage_ManPosted 7/4/2014 1:47:29 PM
Altair001 posted...
Homie_202 posted...
Altair001 posted...
Exodus_Prime posted...

---

Or you know...you could get a PS4 ans enjoy it's games too...nawww it's better to choose a single console and defend it, right?
#19shoji_joPosted 7/4/2014 1:55:13 PM
I enjoyed Ryse and I hope there are sequels where Crytek rectify the issues, that made the original considered a flop.
It was close to being something great.
#20slyman19Posted 7/4/2014 2:02:39 PM
FPS_hitman posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
How would sony even buy crytek if their broke..?

Because companies are separated by divisions. PS is one of their if not top division. Everything else could go away and PS will still be around.

It like this... I worked for Halliburton. We have a division that cement the pipe in the wells, division that helps drill wells directional, division that fracs wells, division that controls drilling fluids, etc....

One divisions success and ones failure have nothing to do with what the other does or how it operates. One company different products and product lines. We had some that did other things like shaker screens that were dissolved due to no profit had no effect to any other division.

Except PS is far from their top division and it could never survive on its own.