WTF? So Ryse 2 might be a PS4 exclusive?

#21IzraeilPosted 7/4/2014 3:11:57 PM
slyman19 posted...
FPS_hitman posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
How would sony even buy crytek if their broke..?

Because companies are separated by divisions. PS is one of their if not top division. Everything else could go away and PS will still be around.

It like this... I worked for Halliburton. We have a division that cement the pipe in the wells, division that helps drill wells directional, division that fracs wells, division that controls drilling fluids, etc....

One divisions success and ones failure have nothing to do with what the other does or how it operates. One company different products and product lines. We had some that did other things like shaker screens that were dissolved due to no profit had no effect to any other division.

Except PS is far from their top division and it could never survive on its own.

Well I keep seeing you talking about how Sony is in debt, and going bankrupt, and Playstation Division has so far earned Sony over a billion dollars. So that suggests that Playstation is one of their top if not the top divisions in terms of profitability.

While XBOX division has lost MS over 5 billion dollars and is on a losing streak again with the XB1, let's see how long MS keeps sinking money into it, I bet they'll shut it down once it costs them another 5+ billion like the first xbox.
#22Rdeal2Posted 7/4/2014 3:25:38 PM
Izraeil posted...
slyman19 posted...
FPS_hitman posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...

Because companies are separated by divisions. PS is one of their if not top division. Everything else could go away and PS will still be around.

It like this... I worked for Halliburton. We have a division that cement the pipe in the wells, division that helps drill wells directional, division that fracs wells, division that controls drilling fluids, etc....

One divisions success and ones failure have nothing to do with what the other does or how it operates. One company different products and product lines. We had some that did other things like shaker screens that were dissolved due to no profit had no effect to any other division.

Well I keep seeing you talking about how Sony is in debt, and going bankrupt, and Playstation Division has so far earned Sony over a billion dollars. So that suggests that Playstation is one of their top if not the top divisions in terms of profitability.

While XBOX division has lost MS over 5 billion dollars and is on a losing streak again with the XB1, let's see how long MS keeps sinking money into it, I bet they'll shut it down once it costs them another 5+ billion like the first xbox.

What are you talking about the Xbox division has been making profit for a long time.
They have over 40 million subs to gold do you really think they are losing money?
#23slyman19Posted 7/4/2014 3:51:56 PM
Izraeil posted...
slyman19 posted...
FPS_hitman posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...

Yeah, a billion over 18 years with two consoles over 100M. That is pretty pathetic. Their movie, music, banking, batteries, screens, and audio have made far more than Playstation will ever hope to make.

Not sure why you brought up the Xbox, it's irrelevant to what I was discussing.
#24IzraeilPosted 7/4/2014 3:53:46 PM
Rdeal2 posted...
Izraeil posted...
slyman19 posted...
FPS_hitman posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...

What are you talking about the Xbox division has been making profit for a long time.
They have over 40 million subs to gold do you really think they are losing money?

Yes. 360 made some profits but it only helped recover 2 billion of the 7 billion MS lost on the first xbox. And now xbox one is on a downward trend again.
#25slyman19Posted 7/4/2014 4:01:24 PM
Izraeil posted...
Yes. 360 made some profits but it only helped recover 2 billion of the 7 billion MS lost on the first xbox. And now xbox one is on a downward trend again.

Except, Microsoft has made more money in their gaming divisions the last two quarters than Sony. It's sure to change at the end of this quarter, but Microsoft is still making money. All estimates point to Microsoft making an overall profit on the Xbox this September if they haven't already. Just because a system is selling less than its competitor, doesn't make it a failure.
#26Reichmaster01Posted 7/4/2014 4:14:52 PM
The rumour was that Sony is considering buying a dev that is in financial trouble. If true, it could be Capcom.
#27derratePosted 7/4/2014 4:17:16 PM
Capcom seems more likely than Crytek.
#28IzraeilPosted 7/4/2014 4:25:19 PM
slyman19 posted...
Izraeil posted...

Except, Microsoft has made more money in their gaming divisions the last two quarters than Sony. It's sure to change at the end of this quarter, but Microsoft is still making money. All estimates point to Microsoft making an overall profit on the Xbox this September if they haven't already. Just because a system is selling less than its competitor, doesn't make it a failure.

Do you not understand that MS would need XB1, and two of its successors to be as successful as the 360 to get the xbox brand on even ground with the playstation? And XB1 sure as he'll isn't gonna be as successful as 360. So they got a long way to go.
#29Reichmaster01Posted 7/4/2014 4:26:55 PM
Izraeil posted...
slyman19 posted...
Izraeil posted...

Do you not understand that MS would need XB1, and two of its successors to be as successful as the 360 to get the xbox brand on even ground with the playstation? And XB1 sure as he'll isn't gonna be as successful as 360. So they got a long way to go.

I was under the impression that Xbox One has sold more since launch than the 360 over the same period.
#30slyman19Posted 7/4/2014 4:31:02 PM
Izraeil posted...
slyman19 posted...
Izraeil posted...

I never said the Xbox would ever get on the same level as PlayStation (Although $1 billion in 18 years isn't anything special). Just that the Xbox division won't be a failure in the end.

Also, all three console won't match or surpass their predecessors numbers.