WTF? So Ryse 2 might be a PS4 exclusive?

#31IzraeilPosted 7/4/2014 4:31:31 PM
Reichmaster01 posted...
Izraeil posted...
slyman19 posted...
Izraeil posted...
Yes. 360 made some profits but it only helped recover 2 billion of the 7 billion MS lost on the first xbox. And now xbox one is on a downward trend again.

Except, Microsoft has made more money in their gaming divisions the last two quarters than Sony. It's sure to change at the end of this quarter, but Microsoft is still making money. All estimates point to Microsoft making an overall profit on the Xbox this September if they haven't already. Just because a system is selling less than its competitor, doesn't make it a failure.

Do you not understand that MS would need XB1, and two of its successors to be as successful as the 360 to get the xbox brand on even ground with the playstation? And XB1 sure as he'll isn't gonna be as successful as 360. So they got a long way to go.

I was under the impression that Xbox One has sold more since launch than the 360 over the same period.

It has but the problem is most of those sales were at launch and it dropped dead after that, while 360 was having supply shortages at this point. People wanted the 360, they don't want the XB1.
#32IzraeilPosted 7/4/2014 4:33:25 PM
slyman19 posted...
Izraeil posted...
slyman19 posted...
Izraeil posted...
Yes. 360 made some profits but it only helped recover 2 billion of the 7 billion MS lost on the first xbox. And now xbox one is on a downward trend again.

Except, Microsoft has made more money in their gaming divisions the last two quarters than Sony. It's sure to change at the end of this quarter, but Microsoft is still making money. All estimates point to Microsoft making an overall profit on the Xbox this September if they haven't already. Just because a system is selling less than its competitor, doesn't make it a failure.

Do you not understand that MS would need XB1, and two of its successors to be as successful as the 360 to get the xbox brand on even ground with the playstation? And XB1 sure as he'll isn't gonna be as successful as 360. So they got a long way to go.

I never said the Xbox would ever get on the same level as PlayStation (Although $1 billion in 18 years isn't anything special). Just that the Xbox division won't be a failure in the end.

Also, all three console won't match or surpass their predecessors numbers.

So let me get this straight, a billion dollars in 18 years is not impressive but MS having no chance of ever recovering the money they've sunk into xbox is fine?
#33youngskillzPosted 7/4/2014 4:35:09 PM
hopefully sony can secure capcom and crytek.

ryse 2 ps4 exclusive along with capcom franchises would be hilarious.

they would definitely loose out on sales but whatever i guess.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Aborted, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated.
#34Reichmaster01Posted 7/4/2014 4:38:09 PM
youngskillz posted...
hopefully sony can secure capcom and crytek.

ryse 2 ps4 exclusive along with capcom franchises would be hilarious.

they would definitely loose out on sales but whatever i guess.

I wouldn't laugh too hard, if MS ever pull the pin on the Xbox do you know what PS owners can look forward too? DRM and no used games.
#35slyman19Posted 7/4/2014 4:38:38 PM
Izraeil posted...
So let me get this straight, a billion dollars in 18 years is not impressive but MS having no chance of ever recovering the money they've sunk into xbox is fine?

Well, we know you can't read. I said Microsoft is likely to make an overall profit this September. So they have a very good chance of recovering their money.

When you consider all of the consoles, accessories, and games Sony has sold, a billion isn't that great.
#36IzraeilPosted 7/4/2014 4:44:22 PM
slyman19 posted...
Izraeil posted...

Well, we know you can't read. I said Microsoft is likely to make an overall profit this September. So they have a very good chance of recovering their money.

When you consider all of the consoles, accessories, and games Sony has sold, a billion isn't that great.

Overall profit? so you're saying MS will recover $5 billion dollars this september?
#37slyman19Posted 7/4/2014 4:50:05 PM
Izraeil posted...
slyman19 posted...
Izraeil posted...

Overall profit? so you're saying MS will recover $5 billion dollars this september?

Microsoft made A LOT more than 2 billion on the 360. Plus, they only took a 5 billion hit the Xbox not 7.
#38IzraeilPosted 7/4/2014 4:53:38 PM
slyman19 posted...
Izraeil posted...
slyman19 posted...
Izraeil posted...

Microsoft made A LOT more than 2 billion on the 360. Plus, they only took a 5 billion hit the Xbox not 7.

I don't remember what they made every year but the chart I saw at the beginning of this year had them a $5 billion in the negative, and Sony at $1+ billion in the green.
But you didn't answer the question...
#39The_iKhanPosted 7/4/2014 4:53:58 PM
Sony is in debt. PlayStation is doing well for them but their success has been a small drop in a very large bucket.

Microsoft is doing okay due to their other more profitable major divisions. Xbox division is burning money.

Seriously guys, it's not that hard to find this information out.
---
See quote for a special message just for you.
http://i.imgur.com/xF6B6vI.jpg
#40slyman19Posted 7/4/2014 4:56:54 PM
Izraeil posted...
I don't remember what they made every year but the chart I saw at the beginning of this year had them a $5 billion in the negative, and Sony at $1+ billion in the green.
But you didn't answer the question...

I did answer the question. Your numbers are crap.