WTF? So Ryse 2 might be a PS4 exclusive?

#41dementedlullabyPosted 7/4/2014 4:02:04 PM
Sony isn't in the game to buy up any studios right now. PS division is doing fine but Sony as a whole is not. /dealwithit

Employees from Crytek UK are saying they hope Deepsilver buys them out. Wouldn't surprise me after all the thq acquisitions.
---
The passion of lovers is for death said she
The passion of lovers is for death
#42Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/4/2014 4:05:19 PM
KID VID posted...
But would Sony fans want a Ryse 2? All I hear from that camp is that the game sucks (I haven't played it myself).

does anyone want a Ryse 2?

why are people concerned about a game that is the only game in it's franchise and that was mediocre at best?

I'd think people would be much more worried about the Far Cry series being exclusive. Those games at least are praised and has a good following
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#43slyman19Posted 7/4/2014 4:07:33 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
KID VID posted...
But would Sony fans want a Ryse 2? All I hear from that camp is that the game sucks (I haven't played it myself).

why are people concerned about a game that is the only game in it's franchise and that was mediocre at best?

I'd think people would be much more worried about the Far Cry series being exclusive. Those games at least are praised and has a good following

Ryse could turn out like Assassin's Creed or Killzone. The first game is crap, but the sequel turns everything around.
#44IzraeilPosted 7/4/2014 4:07:54 PM
KID VID posted...

Ubisoft has Far Cry series, the only good Far Cry games are the ones made by Ubisoft. I don't think Crytek has every actually made a good game.
#45phineasfoolPosted 7/4/2014 4:08:06 PM
KID VID posted...

Far Cry is Ubisoft now and has been since number 2. The big ones you'd get from Crytek are Crysis and Timesplitters.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#46Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/4/2014 4:10:27 PM
yeah I'm not one of the Far Cry followers..

but that reinforces my point even more. Sounds like Crytek has no good franchises they are working on so why would anyone care who bought them or if they just dissolved all together?
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#47Crystyn_7BPosted 7/4/2014 4:10:39 PM
FPS_hitman posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
How would sony even buy crytek if their broke..?

Because companies are separated by divisions. PS is one of their if not top division. Everything else could go away and PS will still be around.

It like this... I worked for Halliburton. We have a division that cement the pipe in the wells, division that helps drill wells directional, division that fracs wells, division that controls drilling fluids, etc....

One divisions success and ones failure have nothing to do with what the other does or how it operates. One company different products and product lines. We had some that did other things like shaker screens that were dissolved due to no profit had no effect to any other division.

Their top division is actually Sony Financials which sells life and auto insurances.

I also wouldn't say that SCE (Sony Computer Entertainment) has much leeway seeing as they recently laid of a big chunk of Santa Monica among other things.

Every time a developer is supposed to be on dire streaks rumors flare up one of the 3 is going to buy it.
#48Syn_VengeancePosted 7/4/2014 4:23:02 PM
youngskillz posted...
hopefully sony can secure capcom and crytek.

ryse 2 ps4 exclusive along with capcom franchises would be hilarious.

they would definitely loose out on sales but whatever i guess.

Why? Caption is a joke and a shadow of its former self, releasing tons of different versions of the same street fighter. Dropping the original DMC and making that terrible DmC reboot, not to mention the terrible state Resident Evil is in. The last good RE games were the outbreaks on PS2, then they decided to turn it into a lousy action series with 4,5,ORC and 6. Not to mention the cancellation of Mega Man legends 3 and how weak Marvel vs Capcom 3 was compared to 2.

Sony buying capcom isn't going to make their games any better lol, Its just means Capcoms garbage will be Sony exclusive. Sony can have them cause all of their talent left a long time ago..
---
Currently Playing: COD: Ghosts, Battlefield 4.
Waiting For: COD: Advanced Warfare, BF: Hardline, The Division, Rainbow Six Seige.
#49gobuffalo30Posted 7/4/2014 4:25:34 PM
The_iKhan posted...
Sony is in debt. PlayStation is doing well for them but their success has been a small drop in a very large bucket.

Microsoft is doing okay due to their other more profitable major divisions. Xbox division is burning money.

Seriously guys, it's not that hard to find this information out.

Posting this again instead of people constantly arguing about what's better and people acting like they know what they're talking about.
#50BeefEasterPosted 7/4/2014 4:28:58 PM
I don't really care about ryse 2 but there are several other games they've been developing that I would be disappointed if they abandoned
---
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/003_zps64d8bdd3.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/001_zps33d21332.jpg