WTF? So Ryse 2 might be a PS4 exclusive?

#61orestes1981Posted 7/4/2014 5:59:06 PM
Reichmaster01 posted...
youngskillz posted...
hopefully sony can secure capcom and crytek.

ryse 2 ps4 exclusive along with capcom franchises would be hilarious.

they would definitely loose out on sales but whatever i guess.

I wouldn't laugh too hard, if MS ever pull the pin on the Xbox do you know what PS owners can look forward too? DRM and no used games.

Uh. No they would not. People are not going to buy games just because they are there. They can just go to Nintendo. Sony would not do well, and they do not want to have another console struggle.

PS1 did well without Xbox

PS2 did well even with the original Xbox coming late.

Nintendo is still their competition, and Xbox fanboys love to overestimate how valuable MS is to gaming...
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#62orestes1981Posted 7/4/2014 6:01:01 PM
grampamurked posted...
All the smack talk sony fans did would make it REALLY ironic if it ended up on their console.

Why? It is still a horrible game.

Sony can buy the studio, take what they want, and fire everyone at Crytek. The only thing that is worth anything is their tech...
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#63gobuffalo30Posted 7/4/2014 6:22:05 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
The_iKhan posted...
Sony is in debt. PlayStation is doing well for them but their success has been a small drop in a very large bucket.

Microsoft is doing okay due to their other more profitable major divisions. Xbox division is burning money.

Seriously guys, it's not that hard to find this information out.

Posting this again instead of people constantly arguing about what's better and people acting like they know what they're talking about.

No matter how often anyone posts this doesn't make it true, one analyst said so almost a year ago and never was able to provide proof. While quarterly figures actually show the Xbox division being profitable. MS even said they are selling the XBO at a profit.

In total the xbox division still made a loss but that is because the insane losses the OG xbox caused.

I'd say the RROD cost them more. We'll have to see where the xbox one goes as far as profit and production since it hit a lower sales/month than the 369 ever did.
#64gobuffalo30Posted 7/4/2014 6:24:24 PM
orestes1981 posted...
grampamurked posted...
All the smack talk sony fans did would make it REALLY ironic if it ended up on their console.

Why? It is still a horrible.

Yeah, I don't know where the comment came from. No one is magically talking how the game is great now.
#65Homie_202Posted 7/4/2014 7:26:16 PM
Izraeil posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
youngskillz posted...

Why? Caption is a joke and a shadow of its former self, releasing tons of different versions of the same street fighter. Dropping the original DMC and making that terrible DmC reboot, not to mention the terrible state Resident Evil is in. The last good RE games were the outbreaks on PS2, then they decided to turn it into a lousy action series with 4,5,ORC and 6. Not to mention the cancellation of Mega Man legends 3 and how weak Marvel vs Capcom 3 was compared to 2.

Sony buying capcom isn't going to make their games any better lol, Its just means Capcoms garbage will be Sony exclusive. Sony can have them cause all of their talent left a long time ago..

Thing is Sony could actually fix those franchises to be the way they used to be. Sony is pretty much the only publisher right that actually invests good amounts of money into new IPs in different genres, and is fine with games that sell 1-3 million units, while all others are trying to turn all their franchises into a 10 million unit selling CoD clones.

I actually agree with this. I would like to see Nintendo get megaman though. I said that when they showed megaman in smash. I was still working at GameStop and my boss at the time (he's a HUGE megaman fan probably the biggest I know) was mad at capcom for never making new megaman games and canceling the last one. I remember saying to him I just wish capcom would let Nintendo make a megaman game because I think they would know where to take the franchise and breathe new life I to it. To my surprise he actually agreed.
#66LooksLikeRainPosted 7/4/2014 7:27:53 PM
blakmog posted...
LooksLikeRain posted...
Izraeil posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
How would sony even buy crytek if their broke..?

That's just a myth, they have more games in development than any other company in the industry, they paying for all those somehow. Don't worry about it too much though, let Sony deal with that headache.

Lolllolololol
Ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaghahhha
Omg
Thank you for that.

lol dat poll of the day

Lol I know. It's funny how it's nearly identical to the PS4 poll the other day.
---
Hatred outlives the hateful.
#67BushidoEffect3Posted 7/4/2014 7:32:20 PM(edited)
LooksLikeRain posted...
Izraeil posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
How would sony even buy crytek if their broke..?

That's just a myth, they have more games in development than any other company in the industry, they paying for all those somehow. Don't worry about it too much though, let Sony deal with that headache.

Lolllolololol
Ahahahahahahahahaahahahahahaghahhha
Omg
Thank you for that.

reassurance again. typical rebuttal. educate yourself.

FPS_hitman posted...
Because companies are separated by divisions. PS is one of their if not top division. Everything else could go away and PS will still be around.

It like this... I worked for Halliburton. We have a division that cement the pipe in the wells, division that helps drill wells directional, division that fracs wells, division that controls drilling fluids, etc....

One divisions success and ones failure have nothing to do with what the other does or how it operates. One company different products and product lines. We had some that did other things like shaker screens that were dissolved due to no profit had no effect to any other division.

---
Watch: http://youtu.be/lyOHNjZ-2qM. http://i.imgur.com/XGawTZt.jpg
Exciting! http://i.imgur.com/UiXOeoJ.gif
#68Homie_202Posted 7/4/2014 7:30:35 PM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
Izraeil posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
youngskillz posted...

Why? Caption is a joke and a shadow of its former self, releasing tons of different versions of the same street fighter. Dropping the original DMC and making that terrible DmC reboot, not to mention the terrible state Resident Evil is in. The last good RE games were the outbreaks on PS2, then they decided to turn it into a lousy action series with 4,5,ORC and 6. Not to mention the cancellation of Mega Man legends 3 and how weak Marvel vs Capcom 3 was compared to 2.

Sony buying capcom isn't going to make their games any better lol, Its just means Capcoms garbage will be Sony exclusive. Sony can have them cause all of their talent left a long time ago..

Thing is Sony could actually fix those franchises to be the way they used to be. Sony is pretty much the only publisher right that actually invests good amounts of money into new IPs in different genres, and is fine with games that sell 1-3 million units, while all others are trying to turn all their franchises into a 10 million unit selling CoD clones.

Ummm Resident Evil 6 had the biggest budget out of any RE game ( maybe even any capcom game) and had over 300 people working on it. It is also considered one of, if not the worst entry in the main series and Capcom also deemed it a complete failure.

More money doesn't make a better game and Capcoms lousy staff of writers and creators would still be making the games, Sony would just be throwing money at them. Not to mention less and less people care about Capcom everyday, Sony can have them and I wish them luck in trying to save all the train wrecks Capcom created..

Sony would have to buy Capcom and literally fire everyone and hire all new staff in hopes of turning around all the franchise's that they have put in the gutter.

Not really they could have other studios they own begin work on capcom games. Naughty dog could make the next resident evil. They could make capcom develop new IPs and yes I agree they would IMO need to let some people go to get new people in so there is new ideas and new creative people that would maybe look at a franchise in a different light. It wouldn't have to be capcom working on capcom games though.
#69Homie_202Posted 7/4/2014 7:39:14 PM(edited)
grampamurked posted...

I own both consoles and I own Ryse as well. It's not a good game. IMO it has potential I say give it to the God of War devs they could turn it I to a great series.
#70phineasfoolPosted 7/4/2014 7:34:37 PM
Homie_202 posted...
grampamurked posted...

I own both consoles and I own Ruse as well. It's not a good game. IMO it has potential I say give it to the God of War devs they could turn it I to a great series.

Ruse is a strategy game. Why would Sony Santa Monica be good with that?
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool