WTF? So Ryse 2 might be a PS4 exclusive?

#71The_iKhanPosted 7/4/2014 8:35:20 PM
Crystyn_7B posted...
gobuffalo30 posted...
The_iKhan posted...
Sony is in debt. PlayStation is doing well for them but their success has been a small drop in a very large bucket.

Microsoft is doing okay due to their other more profitable major divisions. Xbox division is burning money.

Seriously guys, it's not that hard to find this information out.

Posting this again instead of people constantly arguing about what's better and people acting like they know what they're talking about.

No matter how often anyone posts this doesn't make it true, one analyst said so almost a year ago and never was able to provide proof. While quarterly figures actually show the Xbox division being profitable. MS even said they are selling the XBO at a profit.

In total the xbox division still made a loss but that is because the insane losses the OG xbox caused.

Selling XBO at a profit doesn't mean they are overall profiting. The PS4 sells at a profit too provided either PS+ or one game is bought alongside it. Are you aware of how much gets spent on the R&D for new consoles? It could take years to recoup those costs. Sony never made back the money for the PS3 and it even ate into their PS2 profits.

MS isn't doing as badly but they are on their way if XBO sales don't pick up. The loss of Kinect didn't help things either.
---
See quote for a special message just for you.
http://i.imgur.com/xF6B6vI.jpg
#72Homie_202Posted 7/4/2014 8:36:39 PM
phineasfool posted...
Homie_202 posted...
grampamurked posted...
All the smack talk sony fans did would make it REALLY ironic if it ended up on their console.

I own both consoles and I own Ruse as well. It's not a good game. IMO it has potential I say give it to the God of War devs they could turn it I to a great series.

Ruse is a strategy game. Why would Sony Santa Monica be good with that?

Lol I am using my ipad and it's stupid and must have autocorrected it I meant ryse.
#73Hvv0l24n9Posted 7/4/2014 8:38:53 PM
Izraeil posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Izraeil posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
How would sony even buy crytek if their broke..?

That's just a myth, they have more games in development than any other company in the industry, they paying for all those somehow. Don't worry about it too much though, let Sony deal with that headache.

wut

Are you slow?

Cute. Mind providing proof for such a claim, though? Or is it too much to ask?
---
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?
#74gobuffalo30Posted 7/4/2014 8:40:59 PM
Xbox has a similar structure though since the cost to manufacture the xbox one was about $20 cheaper than the retail price, the PS4 was also about $20 cheaper. The main issue the xbox one is having though is sales as the 360 has never dropped to the xbox one sale levels. They also have to pay for new boxes to be made so they will ship without the connect. If new boxes aren't made then they need to pay to make the packing fill the extra space.
#75GalvatronType_RPosted 7/4/2014 8:41:06 PM
If Sony buys Crytek, it won't be for Ryse, Crysis, Homefront, or any other Crytek IP, it will be for the Cry Engine.

Licensing middleware like Unreal Engine 3, Source, Havok, Autodesk, and Cry Engine can be much more lucrative than making games. Look at Epic, they haven't made a game in years due to the profits from UE3 licenses.

Tons of people use Cry Engine, even the US military.
#76Homie_202Posted 7/4/2014 8:46:25 PM
GalvatronType_R posted...
If Sony buys Crytek, it won't be for Ryse, Crysis, Homefront, or any other Crytek IP, it will be for the Cry Engine.

Licensing middleware like Unreal Engine 3, Source, Havok, Autodesk, and Cry Engine can be much more lucrative than making games. Look at Epic, they haven't made a game in years due to the profits from UE3 licenses.

Tons of people use Cry Engine, even the US military.

This is true as well.
#77OMGWYATTPosted 7/4/2014 9:15:35 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
Sony friends begging for Xbox games again.

Please let us have the game that was such a disaster that it ruined a company so badly it can't even pay it's employees. The 2 games you hear about the most on Xbox, Ryse is a cesspit of mediocrity and Titanfall was a money pit, 2 enormous disappointments, no wonder the xbox one is getting outsold nearly 2:1. I own one and like it but you'd think the amount of smack xbox fanboys talk they'd have remotely something to back it up.
---
3DS FC: 1263-6701-6748
XBL/PSN: Riotsquad18
#78gobuffalo30Posted 7/4/2014 9:27:56 PM
OMGWYATT posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
Sony friends begging for Xbox games again.

Please let us have the game that was such a disaster that it ruined a company so badly it can't even pay it's employees. The 2 games you hear about the most on Xbox, Ryse is a cesspit of mediocrity and Titanfall was a money pit, 2 enormous disappointments, no wonder the xbox one is getting outsold nearly 2:1. I own one and like it but you'd think the amount of smack xbox fanboys talk they'd have remotely something to back it up.

Well people do tend to constantly bring up how Sony is going bankrupt, might as well sink the ship faster to get it over with, right?
#79BushidoEffect3Posted 7/4/2014 9:34:56 PM
grampamurked posted...
All the smack talk sony fans did would make it REALLY ironic if it ended up on their console.

Not ironic since I would still never buy it. no interest, even if it were multiplat.
---
Watch: http://youtu.be/lyOHNjZ-2qM. http://i.imgur.com/XGawTZt.jpg
Exciting! http://i.imgur.com/UiXOeoJ.gif
#80darkphiresagePosted 7/4/2014 10:13:51 PM
I dunno why everyone is hating on capcom. Acquiring them would be a great move for any company. People are only concerned with the titles they're currently using and not paying attention to all the IP's they have. And lets be honest. Regardless of how average the series sells in the west, having MH as an exclusive IP pretty much guarantees any system's success in Japan. that one franchise could revive the vita and porting the new MMO to ps4 would make it sell out instantly.

Dragon's Dogma and long awaited megaman and Breath of Fire revivals would do very well internationally. Dino crisis revival, ace attorney would be moved to vita, same with dead rising and ps4. I don't really care about darkstalkers, okami, final fight or onimusha. A new powerstone would do a helluva lot better than that terrible smash bros knockoff and I guess uhhh...I guess some people miss viewtiful joe. >_>

Anyway yeah, Capcom is a gold mine.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.