WTF? So Ryse 2 might be a PS4 exclusive?

#91kcypher2000Posted 7/5/2014 8:39:30 AM
FPS_hitman posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...
How would sony even buy crytek if their broke..?

Because companies are separated by divisions. PS is one of their if not top division. Everything else could go away and PS will still be around.

It like this... I worked for Halliburton. We have a division that cement the pipe in the wells, division that helps drill wells directional, division that fracs wells, division that controls drilling fluids, etc....

One divisions success and ones failure have nothing to do with what the other does or how it operates. One company different products and product lines. We had some that did other things like shaker screens that were dissolved due to no profit had no effect to any other division.

I am convinced now that Sony fans have no clue what they are saying ever. PS is far from sonys top division unless you are talking top loss divisions. They list 80 million last year which was 10% of their total loss. PS division hasnt been a money maker since the ps2.
#92jessica73Posted 7/5/2014 8:48:26 AM
Bac0n01 posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
Sony friends begging for Xbox games again.

Again? Elaborate.

Are you serious or did you Van Winkle last gen. Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Mass Effect, Gears of War...
---
http://i.imgur.com/uAzPe.jpg http://steamsigmaker.de/bg/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png
#93DarthUchiha91Posted 7/5/2014 9:15:06 AM
Came here expecting ps fanboys to be praising ryse and how amazing its gonna be on the ps4 like the xbox fanboys claim they would.

Left disappointed.
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#94xxtasy911Posted 7/5/2014 9:16:43 AM
TOhasNoRing posted...

You have no idea how business works, do you? Sony isn't this little niche company thats never tasted success.. Just because a company has posted losses recently doesn't mean they just stay stagnant and allow their ship to sink. In order to make money you have to spend money.
---
PSN: KingCole | Gamertag: Coming Soon.... Maybe
#95xxtasy911Posted 7/5/2014 9:19:17 AM
jessica73 posted...
Bac0n01 posted...
liquidblue4 posted...

Again? Elaborate.

Are you serious or did you Van Winkle last gen. Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Mass Effect, Gears of War...

Yes, because this had nothing to do with devs and publishers wanting their games on all platforms to maximize revenue gain, definitely Sony begging for them.... smh
---
PSN: KingCole | Gamertag: Coming Soon.... Maybe
#96jellybeanmasterPosted 7/5/2014 9:27:08 AM
FPS_hitman posted...
TOhasNoRing posted...

Because companies are separated by divisions. PS is one of their if not top division. Everything else could go away and PS will still be around.

It like this... I worked for Halliburton. We have a division that cement the pipe in the wells, division that helps drill wells directional, division that fracs wells, division that controls drilling fluids, etc....

One divisions success and ones failure have nothing to do with what the other does or how it operates. One company different products and product lines. We had some that did other things like shaker screens that were dissolved due to no profit had no effect to any other division.

You might want to use a simpler analogy next time
---
PSN:ProdijusX, GT:BUMBA CLAWT,
#97jessica73Posted 7/5/2014 10:17:24 AM
xxtasy911 posted...
jessica73 posted...
Bac0n01 posted...
liquidblue4 posted...

Again? Elaborate.

Yes, because this had nothing to do with devs and publishers wanting their games on all platforms to maximize revenue gain, definitely Sony begging for them.... smh

Not sure what port begging from fans had to do with Sony themselves begging, which neither me nor the other poster said they did, otherwise they would have money hatted more like MS did
But yeah, you would think everything not first or second party would be multiplatform. But it's getting there more and more.
---
http://i.imgur.com/uAzPe.jpg http://steamsigmaker.de/bg/thebotqueen.png
http://raptr.com/badge/thebotqueen/ach.png
#98Crystyn_7BPosted 7/5/2014 10:41:48 AM
MachineZed posted...
Garage_Man posted...
Izraeil posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
youngskillz posted...
hopefully sony can secure capcom and crytek.

ryse 2 ps4 exclusive along with capcom franchises would be hilarious.

they would definitely loose out on sales but whatever i guess.

Why? Caption is a joke and a shadow of its former self, releasing tons of different versions of the same street fighter. Dropping the original DMC and making that terrible DmC reboot, not to mention the terrible state Resident Evil is in. The last good RE games were the outbreaks on PS2, then they decided to turn it into a lousy action series with 4,5,ORC and 6. Not to mention the cancellation of Mega Man legends 3 and how weak Marvel vs Capcom 3 was compared to 2.

Sony buying capcom isn't going to make their games any better lol, Its just means Capcoms garbage will be Sony exclusive. Sony can have them cause all of their talent left a long time ago..

Thing is Sony could actually fix those franchises to be the way they used to be. Sony is pretty much the only publisher right that actually invests good amounts of money into new IPs in different genres, and is fine with games that sell 1-3 million units, while all others are trying to turn all their franchises into a 10 million unit selling CoD clones.

Ding ding ding we have a winner. WHAT OTHER COMPANY DOES THIS...go ahead and name one. MS doesn't and nintendo either. Sony is the ONLY one that repeatedly pushes out new IPs all the time. Take it for whatever you want but at least they try.

These days I feel like Xbox and Nintendo aren't even trying. It's a time when the gaming medium is more powerful than ever before yet all people seem to care about it action games and shooters.

Yes the new IPs like Knack and what exactly? Whereas on the One we have Ryse and Titanfall already. Even looking forward Sony has what in the line of new IPs The Order an Drive club then Bloodborn. MS still has that with Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, and Scalebound.

So please show me these new IPs that are only flowing from Sony camp. Otherwise all I see are Killzone, LBP, Uncharted, and Last of Us.

Still reluctant to call Bloodborne a new IP it looks like a Souls, from what we've heard it plays like a Souls it's from the devs of Souls.

If Nintendo made a game that looked and played like a Legend of Zelda but called it Legend of Hilda would anyone call really call it a new IP.
#99Voysa_ReezunPosted 7/5/2014 1:29:00 PM
1. Sony's Playstation division is not their most profitable; IIRC, Sony Pictures is.

2. Sony's PS division lost money quarter before last because of the one-time costs of PS4 launch, but I believe they are churning out a solid profit as of last quarter.

3. Sony will sell off their hardware divisions and brands like televisions, Vaio/PCs, etc., restructure, and be just fine. They will be able to get the money at a favorable interest rate to by Crytek if they want, though I would rather they bought Capcom personally.

4. Microsoft is making smart moves to make the XB1 more competitive. The Kinect-free SKU is the big one; I am a XBox and 360 owner, and 90% of why I chose to go with a PS4 at launch instead was the lower PS4 price and PS4 not initially trying to lean on cloud gaming (which Microsoft backed down on, to be fair). I don't think I'll get a XB1 anytime soon, but Sunset Overdrive looks quite tempting, as does the Crackdown reboot.
---
My PS4 Top 5 (so far): 1. Rayman Legends; 2. MLB The Show 14; 3. inFamous: Second Son; 4. Child of Light; 5 Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
#100SupernautusPosted 7/5/2014 2:22:49 PM
Voysa_Reezun posted...
1. Sony's Playstation division is not their most profitable; IIRC, Sony Pictures is.

2. Sony's PS division lost money quarter before last because of the one-time costs of PS4 launch, but I believe they are churning out a solid profit as of last quarter.

3. Sony will sell off their hardware divisions and brands like televisions, Vaio/PCs, etc., restructure, and be just fine. They will be able to get the money at a favorable interest rate to by Crytek if they want, though I would rather they bought Capcom personally.

4. Microsoft is making smart moves to make the XB1 more competitive. The Kinect-free SKU is the big one; I am a XBox and 360 owner, and 90% of why I chose to go with a PS4 at launch instead was the lower PS4 price and PS4 not initially trying to lean on cloud gaming (which Microsoft backed down on, to be fair). I don't think I'll get a XB1 anytime soon, but Sunset Overdrive looks quite tempting, as does the Crackdown reboot.

They've dropped Vaio already, they'll be sticking with the Xperia devices, but no more (overpriced) laptops. A lot of their TV screens are made by LG or Samsung, they've also reduced pricing on a lot of their TVs this year, so I'm not sure they'll be dropping TVs just yet.

Unfortunately their performance on the TV market has been extremely poor these last few years, dropping behind Samsung, and LG (panasonic have suffered similar issues) so they had to make some changes, maybe finally for the better.