What's wrong with the Xbox One?

#51EldudermanPosted 7/5/2014 6:23:01 AM
I own a Xbox One and there's nothing wrong with it. I never took the Kinect out of the box and my other computers are hooked up 24/7 to the internet and that doesn't bother me one bit. The games out now aren't that great but within a year there will be some fantastic titles to play
#52Mspaul09Posted 7/5/2014 6:45:12 AM
dnmt posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
Miiri0 posted...
Izanaml posted...
It's inferior to the PS4.

I prefer pears to apples, but it does not make pears superior to apples. They have completely different shapes and tastes. Just because one is greener, does not make it superior.

Generalisation is quite often a foul stench.

It's objectively inferior in terms of specs, which is the only objective way we have of comparing the two.

It's far from the only objective way to compare the two. It's simply the way PS4 fans choose to compare, because it's the only way they win.

You could compare games, those out now and announced thus far - Xbox one wins to any gamer being honest.

You could compare controllers - Xbox has always won.

You could compare online - well let's just leave that with my credit card information has never been stolen from MS.

You could compare system features - Xbox one does more, and they stuff like recording gameplay that both systems do Xbox does better.

Objectively all that the PS4 has going for it are graphics at this point.
---
Gamertag: ZombiPenguin00
REVENGE SOLVES EVERYTHING
#53derratePosted 7/5/2014 6:47:20 AM
Well graphics and the fact that this gen multiplats are dev'd for PS4 and ported to X1.

So basically the most important two factors of this and last gen.
#54Skyline22Posted 7/5/2014 6:50:30 AM
Nothing is wrong with the console itself. Had almost any other company released xbone it would have been fine but Microsoft, rightfully, has a bad reputation as of the last 7 or so years.

Have you tried windows vista or 8?? It seems like every other os they put out is two steps back and don't get me started on how they put out updates that break more things than they fix.
---
psn: ghost303 | steam: ghost303
#55muffinmasherPosted 7/5/2014 6:54:14 AM
The consoles are nearly identical. Nearly.

Since they're so similar now that the Xbox One has removed the Kinect, we can only objectively compare them by Specs and Games.

Since neither of them have games right now, the specs are literally the only minuscule thing that separates these two machines. So objectively, until either console gets some more unique features, the PS4 is the better deal.

That said, I don't own either right now, but planning for a PS4 when Destiny drops.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#56Bellum_SacrumPosted 7/5/2014 6:55:12 AM
Elduderman posted...
there will be some fantastic titles to play

That right there is the issue. Pretty much everyone who tries to say anything good about the thing, either talks in drone or marketing terms. Freaking liars everywhere.

This is Microsoft:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk
---
"Now go ahead and leap ignorantly to the defense of wealthy game companies who don't know or care about you."
#57omegaGogetaPosted 7/5/2014 7:15:57 AM
I don't want either. To me they are just lacking this time.
---
Timmy fell down the well.
Again?!
#58avanentPosted 7/5/2014 7:25:06 AM(edited)
Mspaul09 posted...
dnmt posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
Miiri0 posted...
Izanaml posted...
It's inferior to the PS4.

I prefer pears to apples, but it does not make pears superior to apples. They have completely different shapes and tastes. Just because one is greener, does not make it superior.

Generalisation is quite often a foul stench.

It's objectively inferior in terms of specs, which is the only objective way we have of comparing the two.

It's far from the only objective way to compare the two. It's simply the way PS4 fans choose to compare, because it's the only way they win.

You could compare games, those out now and announced thus far - Xbox one wins to any gamer being honest.

You could compare controllers - Xbox has always won.

You could compare online - well let's just leave that with my credit card information has never been stolen from MS.

You could compare system features - Xbox one does more, and they stuff like recording gameplay that both systems do Xbox does better.

Objectively all that the PS4 has going for it are graphics at this point.

Except these are all opinions. All of them. The only thing that isn't is specs and sales.

Xbox live has been hacked several times too.

You are the type of person SigmaLongshot is complaining about, you just favor the xbone over the ps4.

If you want to get into opinions, we can talk about how the majority of polls show xbox one is not better and how the majority didnt want the kinect. Which are actually provable opinions with the polls out there.
#59ChargrilledPosted 7/5/2014 7:27:25 AM
Not much really
Kinect and the os design made it a little underpowered. Thats about it.
---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#60phineasfoolPosted 7/5/2014 7:31:26 AM
For the people that keep bringing up that it is weaker than the PS4, I seriously hope you bought an original Xbox over the PS2 since it was objectively more powerful.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool