What's wrong with the Xbox One?

#61Vortex268Posted 7/5/2014 7:40:08 AM
Biggest problem with the Xbox One is that there aren't enough good next-gen exclusives out for it. PS4 has the exact same problem.
#62richboy900Posted 7/5/2014 7:46:53 AM
derrate posted...
Well graphics and the fact that this gen multiplats are dev'd for PS4 and ported to X1.

So basically the most important two factors of this and last gen.

It's brought up more because Microsoft have had the multiplat advantage for the past two whole generations. This time it's Sony who have the better multiplats.
#63quincy2000aPosted 7/5/2014 7:49:04 AM
phineasfool posted...
For the people that keep bringing up that it is weaker than the PS4, I seriously hope you bought an original Xbox over the PS2 since it was objectively more powerful.

I'm one of those people.

If what I'm saying is not true, I'm ready to listen to what you have to say regarding that.

Otherwise, the year is 2014. I purchased both the X1 and PS4.

The Xbox and PS2 comments may hold relevance for some, but I'm more interested in what I have my hands on right now.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#64iBlackice25Posted 7/5/2014 7:49:38 AM
Nothing, really. I personally don't like it because the UI is bad imo and the exclusives are bad, so i got a PS4. Its all preferences.
---
GT: DarknessSniperX/PSN: sky_Pharaoh
dustloop: Legion13/Steam: sky_Pharaoh
#65ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/5/2014 7:54:09 AM
phineasfool posted...
For the people that keep bringing up that it is weaker than the PS4, I seriously hope you bought an original Xbox over the PS2 since it was objectively more powerful.

PS2 had arguably the best console library. It's a tie between that and the SNES. At this point in time neither of them have games that warrant a purchase. Which is precisely why I don't have them.
---
Valar morghulis
#66syphyxnPosted 7/5/2014 7:54:58 AM
There is nothing wrong with the X1 now, after all the U-turns and grovelling, but it was the draconic requirements and poor PR that MS managed to give themselves before launch.

When asked by a journalised if the X1 could be used off-line and not have to be restricted to use its online DRM, (can’t remember whom) but the reply was roughly “we already have a product that does that, it’s called the 360”

This sort of negative attitude showed the people (gamers in particular) that all MS was concerned about with was keeping shareholders and top game publishers (EA and others) happy rather than focusing on bringing out a product with services to tempt people in.

This open faced deceit has taken a knock on them and some predict it has caused anywhere between 5 – 10% of total sales lost because of it, basically for every 5 million consoles sold between ¼ and half a million potential sales have been lost.

The benefit of an X1 over a PS4 is the interface that you can switch from a game to a movie/TV with ease (as it was designed to do) the downsides are ads and the gaming side tends to lack slightly in the graphics department (tbh, you’d have to be pedantic to scream for this unless you have a screen that is bigger than 48” to see a great difference (yes, you can notice the diff on a 14” screen, but only if you’re concentrating to the point your not focusing on the game))
#67quincy2000aPosted 7/5/2014 8:00:29 AM
muffinmasher posted...
The consoles are nearly identical. Nearly.

Since they're so similar now that the Xbox One has removed the Kinect, we can only objectively compare them by Specs and Games.

Since neither of them have games right now, the specs are literally the only minuscule thing that separates these two machines. So objectively, until either console gets some more unique features, the PS4 is the better deal.

That said, I don't own either right now, but planning for a PS4 when Destiny drops.

Though I applaud your choice of platform for Destiny, I'm at a bit of a loss with your "nearly identical."

Did you see a comparison of specs some where? Because everytime I find one, "nearly identical" never comes up.

I think I remember seeing "30 to 50%" more power, but I'd have to look it up to be sure.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#68sanjeustPosted 7/5/2014 8:07:05 AM
The problem with the Xbox One is Microsoft, more precisely their policies. Policies like catering almost always to profit leaving the players to fend for themselves, and spend their money in the most expensive console in the market. Seriously people now have to pay for a headset with a special jack for Xbox One or an adapter to their old headset.

There is another that irks me. In the Xbox 360 they invested almost all their resources in scrapping an exclusive list of franchises that catered to most of their fanbase, with Halo, Gears of War and Forza, while leaving the consumers with other tastes almost solely with third party games for most of the generation.

Things like these is what prevents me to really trust Microsoft.
#69Darth StalinPosted 7/5/2014 8:10:23 AM
phineasfool posted...

lol, I remember those days (I was on these boards). Back then Sony fanboys mentioned that gfx were not important, it was the games (I believe they were called cows instead of ponies).

MS fanboys were lemmings and Nintendo's were sheep....good times :)
---
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos | PSN - Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.... Will get a Wii U when SSB comes out.
#70Obie79Posted 7/5/2014 8:27:01 AM
everything other then the ability to tell your tv and cable box to come and change channels for ya, can ya say LAZY also IMO xbone will always have better online play. but actual gaming ps4 blows it out of the water. xbone is honestly for home entertainment not gaming its real gimmicky.