What's wrong with the Xbox One?

#91Foxx3kPosted 7/5/2014 12:49:45 PM
It's barely functional.

The enormous difficulty in doing something simple like creating a party and getting them together in a game is such a step back from the 360...

The cache issues that make launching a game a questionable venture ...

The shocking loading times trying to do ANYTHING on the dashboard...

The friends list having difficulties loading...

The lacking audio controls for voice chat / game chat...

Ugh. I am just so frustrated every time I try to do anything on the Xbox One. It all feels like a step back from the 360. Even "only as good as 360" would have been disappointing for a successor hardware. But for everything to feel like a conscious attempt at making things worse just frustrates me so much.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#92SigmaLongshotPosted 7/5/2014 12:50:41 PM
The thing that freaked me out the most is that, washing my doughy, milky frame in the shower, I heard a knock on the bathroom door.

"I'm in here. Sorry."

The knocking got louder. Suddenly, the door smashed wide open.

It was Kinect, and he was drunk. Kinect was angry.

I saw him starting to record.

"You see this?! What I'm doing right now? I'm doing this because, so help you god, son, you'll learn your place."

He ran back to my Xbox One as I chased him in tears, but it was too late. He'd uploaded that footage to YouTube, the NSA, and even made a "chubby Scotsman shower rave" remix video that went viral.

To this day every time I look at Kinect I see... him. He tries to pretend like it was just the ouzo but it was him.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#93BloodyDove2vsPosted 7/5/2014 12:54:40 PM
Foxx3k posted...
It's barely functional.

The enormous difficulty in doing something simple like creating a party and getting them together in a game is such a step back from the 360...

The cache issues that make launching a game a questionable venture ...

The shocking loading times trying to do ANYTHING on the dashboard...

The friends list having difficulties loading...

The lacking audio controls for voice chat / game chat...

Ugh. I am just so frustrated every time I try to do anything on the Xbox One. It all feels like a step back from the 360. Even "only as good as 360" would have been disappointing for a successor hardware. But for everything to feel like a conscious attempt at making things worse just frustrates me so much.

nice
---
"the sourness of 720/900p resolutions" XB1M13 < shazbot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw
#94zeroroutePosted 7/5/2014 1:04:49 PM
Most of its games can be played on PC,
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
#95IHeartJessAlbaPosted 7/5/2014 1:21:58 PM
For me, there is nothing wrong with the console/hardware itself. Personally, I really dislike the controllers that Xbox has had. I've never felt comfortable using one. They're clunky and awkward for me. But that's my only "knock" on the hardware at all.

For me, what drives me from the Xbox brand, is the business side of things. I don't like their business practices, I didn't like their introduction of subscription models for console gaming with Live, I didn't like that you still got advertisements on your dashboard even though you are paying a premium, I really can't stand their exclusives (but I get why so many people do like then), and their corporate structure just feels like they have no idea what they're doing. They shove things down your throats and tell you to like them, or get over it. And when people don't flock to it, they're all "we're sry bby, we didn't mean it!" and expect this trend of broken promises and miscues since the launch of the first Xbox to actually grow the brand. When really, it just hurts them and their userbase in the long run.

I've owned Xboxes in the past, and I just don't get the appeal. Xbox just reminds me of a more successful Sega. They've got a couple of IP's that they bank on, their business plan is fractured and all over the place, and they have no idea what gamers really want out of a console, so they shove things at consumers going "like this! TV! Sports! You like this stuff, so like it with our logo wrapped around it!" And it just looks bad.

That's me though. I know plenty of people that have similar, and equally as valid, complaints about other companies/consoles. I'd probably own an Xbox this gen if it weren't for all the PR issues. I know they "fixed" it since then, but that's not the problem. The problem is that they made those missteps in the first place. That's the direction they want their company, and all of gaming, to go. I don't like that, and won't support it. That's pretty much it.
---
psn - wokeupinapanic
#96alteredguitarPosted 7/5/2014 1:28:23 PM
when it brews my tea its way too freaking strong and I put enough water in it so wtf?
#97SigmaLongshotPosted 7/5/2014 1:31:15 PM
alteredguitar posted...
when it brews my tea its way too freaking strong and I put enough water in it so wtf?

Know what you mean man, I put tea in mine, and waited for it to boil... stole my wallet. Straight-up, stole my wallet.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#98MinamoPosted 7/5/2014 1:41:18 PM
Microsoft
#99CMX5Posted 7/5/2014 1:57:44 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
The thing that freaked me out the most is that, washing my doughy, milky frame in the shower, I heard a knock on the bathroom door.

"I'm in here. Sorry."

The knocking got louder. Suddenly, the door smashed wide open.

It was Kinect, and he was drunk. Kinect was angry.

I saw him starting to record.

"You see this?! What I'm doing right now? I'm doing this because, so help you god, son, you'll learn your place."

He ran back to my Xbox One as I chased him in tears, but it was too late. He'd uploaded that footage to YouTube, the NSA, and even made a "chubby Scotsman shower rave" remix video that went viral.

To this day every time I look at Kinect I see... him. He tries to pretend like it was just the ouzo but it was him.

Wait, That was... YOU!?
---
PSN/XBL-CMX5
Batman:Arkham Knight. Destiny. Alien:Isolation. CoD:A.W. Far Cry 4. BFH. BATTLEFRONT. Mortal Kombat X. Halo:MCC. Crackdown 3. The hype is crazy.
#100-Excaliburn-Posted 7/5/2014 2:24:30 PM
Doesn't come with Kinect 2.0
Everything is behind a paywall
Requires AA batteries
No white version
Less powerful than PS4
Too expensive
---
"From this time forth, my sword shall be with you and your fate shall be with me. Now, our contract is complete."