Question about 1080p 0ver 720p

#1killtacular30Posted 7/4/2014 2:54:34 PM
Would 1080p makes things like the ground and rocks look better? I know with some games I play when you look at the ground it's not always great looking or did the developer just not put as much time on things like that?
#2crynryanPosted 7/4/2014 3:00:24 PM
It's really only the stuff in the distance that the resolution would help make clearer. If you're looking at a rock from right in front of it and it looks bad, that's because the developer didn't really spend a lot of time modelling that rock, so it has few polygons. The less polygons it has, the more blocky it looks. As for the ground, most games use some sort of texture stretching and repeating, so you're seeing the same texture over and over and it's being stretched in order to fill the polygons that make up the floor.

TLDR; No. It's more about the polygons.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#3rusty12000Posted 7/4/2014 3:04:59 PM(edited)
If you have large TV you can see the difference, if not, there isn't much of a difference.

It's like Blue Ray Vs DVD
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#4quincy2000aPosted 7/4/2014 3:10:45 PM
This is going to be subjective...it can depend on how well you can see, the size or your TV, the brand of your TV, etc...

The first time I remember getting killed in B4 on my X1 was because I stopped and looked at some water between two buildings...fascinating.
---
"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP
Really...seems this Day One Edition purchaser was "Madoff-ed by Microsoft."
#5Miiri0Posted 7/4/2014 3:49:13 PM
If you want more console games@1080p, get a ps4.