What if both Xbox One and PS4 did block used games?

#11Chaos_MatazakiPosted 7/4/2014 11:28:41 PM
I only buy new games from devs that are worthy of deserving my money, like the developer behind The Witcher. Why you ask, because they don't sell us 5 hour long games and then try to milk us of money with dlc. Even if used games were blocked and we were all forced to buy new games so that they could make money. Doesn't mean they will still deliver us money worth games, they would still be giving us 5 hour long games, regardless how much money they would make off us all. And still announce dlc before the game is even out and charge a lot. So no point in defending the devs either. I am glad used games exist, because not every game is worth full price. IMO.
---
PSN: Donnie19---Gamertag: Chaos Matazaki---3DS FC: 5000-3303-9111---IGN: Lilith---Friend Safari Pokemon Psychic: Drowzee, Xatu, Wobuffet.
#12ImDyinSquirtlePosted 7/5/2014 12:35:20 AM
carljenk posted...
Wii U would have flourished.

No. Can't play Battlefield and Madden on the Wii-U

Gaming would probably just take a very very long break
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#13dj-izzlePosted 7/5/2014 3:04:57 AM(edited)
ImDyinSquirtle posted...
carljenk posted...
Wii U would have flourished.

No. Can't play Battlefield and Madden on the Wii-U

Gaming would probably just take a very very long break

PS360 mate.....

I'd not bother with them, stick with my PS3 and just go with the Wii U... I'd also buy some retro consoles I don't have, that I want
---
3DS FC: 1693- 1721- 4479 IGN: Daniel | Currently Playing: Pokemon Y, Sonic LW, J&D Collection, Various 3DS VC games
#14Spetsnaz420Posted 7/5/2014 3:21:24 AM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
It wouldn't bother me at all because I either buy a game new or not at all. Personally I feel console makers and devs should get every penny for their products. I think that the fact consoles didn't address the amount they were losing to Gamestop in the middle of console life, maybe people think that it was more of a right that just being something they weren't going to address. It will come up again and ALL consoles will address it. Used Games is a ton of money they are missing out on because of a exploit that Gamestop is taking advantage of. But Console makers do have the right to address it when they see fit and if they block used games or only let you buy used games from the console makers, that will be up to them.

Whether you enjoy used games, or you buy games and share them or rent them out to friends to make back money spent or to avoid paying the $60 a pop, that is you exploiting the system to your benefit and that is 100% fine. But don't cry when the industry decide to seal that exploit and don't cry about personal rights of you can do whatever you want with what you own. Not everything is meant to be shared and for those using the lame " I shouldn't let someone borrow my car huh" line, Go ahead and let a few friends legally borrow your Windows OS.

I don't have much respect for the gamer who brags about having hundreds of used games and thinking they are "owed' anything from devs or console makers, I don't even think they have a right to complain about any of the games at all and honestly, Devs and consoles makers should even view them as real customers because they aren't.

You're delusional if you think selling games isn't something we should have a right to. Next you can't sell your car or house... No way that's just a loophole the banks plan on fixing (obviously not but you get the point)
---
A sight for sore eyes to the blind would be awful majestic
#15CaIiber345Posted 7/5/2014 3:30:46 AM
kungfuj0 posted...
I am 39. I've been gaming since I was 6 with Pong waaay back when. As of now, I have no plans to ever stop.

Blocking used games might have changed that. Anything that messes with customers' rights like that is something that I simply won't stand for. As much as I have loved gaming over the years, I'd gladly give it up before I ever bowed down to that kind of crap.

Going all digital would also be a game-changer for me. Doing so puts all of the power in the companies' hands, and that is NEVER good for customers. Some companies might treat you halfway decently, like Steam, but most will just abuse the living hell out of it (see MS charging $60 for a digital copy of NBA2K14, a game that can be bought for $20 or so physically at this time).

The bottom line is this. If you take care of your customers, your customers will take care of you. If you abuse your customers, your customers will eventually become somebody else's customers.

Well said.
---
TwinStickGaming.com | twitter: @astroduck79
Waiting for: No Man's Sky, Destiny, Rogue Legacy, The Witness, Fallout 4
#16SPARTAN_D7Posted 7/5/2014 7:58:06 AM
The only games id have are the free ones. Paying $69.99 (in Canada) for new games is silly. Go ebay Go.
---
Don't bro me if you don't know me.
#17donttrysohardPosted 7/5/2014 9:13:31 AM
I don't like the idea but for me nothing
I may get 5-7 games a year for each system and they are always new

Again I don't condone the blocking of used games
---
GT: DontTrySoHard
BEST.AD.EVER - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCvIw7DMHXc
#18boolzeroPosted 7/5/2014 9:22:24 AM
Wouldn't bother me as I buy new 99% of the time anyway... On the 360 of the over 300 or so games I own I can count the per owned games on one hand. I don't like to buy price owned and I am normally a day one buyer with most games that I know I want. I am also not a fickle gamer either so I enjoy a broad selection of games and genres, and even quality, as I love games not just "great" games...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#19james259Posted 7/5/2014 10:01:34 AM
Wouldn't really affect me. Hopefully if they did that they would have huge sales like Steam.
I'd still buy one. I'd just be more frugal with my game purchases
---
Prepare to be emancipated from your own inferior genes!- Abradolf Lincler
3DS FC: 0989-1746-5488
#20phineasfoolPosted 7/5/2014 10:06:12 AM
I'd like to point out that the Xbox One was never going to block used games completely. You would just have to go through select retailers. It would limit your options and you couldn't lend or borrow games though.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool