IF you have both..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. IF you have both..
1 year ago#1
Next gen systems, which one are you buying most of the muiltiplatform games for, or are you splitting it evenly? I'm only curious because while I admit I was more of an XBOX fan last gen I'm still the type of person that just likes to stay current with electronics....so I purchase each new system and never regret doing so since they each get their due time eventually. That being said, my list of 360 games is massive compared to my PS3's list (just like my PS2 list heavily outweighed my XBOX's).

One of the main reasons that I have to say I always leaned towards getting multiplats for the 360/One are Achievements (i know, I know...it means nothing...but I like them more than trophies for some reason), and I honestly think that's what sways me in the direction of getting multiplats for the ONE although I definitely want to avoid having a good system like the PS4 not be used like last gen. So I was just curious, if you have both systems, which one do u buy most multiplats for and why?
1 year ago#2
I buy multiplatforms for PS4 mainly seeing as how most current multi plays are better but I will choose depending on support and specs

Such as Advanced Warfare will be getting on the X1 cause support is higher with DLC first on X1

Diablo 3 on PS4 cause of exclusive content and specs
---
1997 Toyota Supra 6-Speed Twin Turbo Targa Top - SOLD ($53,600)
2001 Toyota Celica 6-Speed GT-S - SOLD ($13,300)
1 year ago#3
Xbox One. I buy the majority of my multiplats for it.I prefer the controller, UI and the integration of Kinect. There are certain multiplats I will only get on Sony consoles, like Metal Gear Solid (last gen and this gen), Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, etc. Apart from that all other multiplats will go to my X1.
---
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos | PSN - Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.... Will get a Wii U when SSB comes out.
1 year ago#4
I have one friend with xb1, and one friend with ps4, and those are the only 2 friends that have made the next gen purchase.

I buy for whichever console I'll be playing with said friend. I've been known to buy a copy for each console if a lot of friends are playing it for each.

As more of my friends buy ps4/xb1, it will ultimately come down to which one has more of my homies playing it. Again, I have no qualms buying 2 copies. I have 2 copies of dead island, DI riptide, singularity, Titanfall, Borderlands 2, and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head.

I don't give a crap about resolution arguments for multiplats.
---
Consoles currently hooked up to my tv: xb1, ps4, xbox 360, ps3, wii, wiiU, atari 2600
PSN: LONGNUTTZ XBL: xLONGNUTTSx
1 year ago#5
SurfinClubStyle posted...
I buy multiplatforms for PS4 mainly seeing as how most current multi plays are better but I will choose depending on support and specs

Such as Advanced Warfare will be getting on the X1 cause support is higher with DLC first on X1

Diablo 3 on PS4 cause of exclusive content and specs

Definitely agree with u on CoD (i think MS controllers have always blasted PS controllers in general, but def for sports/shooters), but I didn't know about exclusives with Diablo...so PS4 it is for that. With the last gen I tried to stick to XBOX being shooters/sports and PS3 being action/adventure, but with a total of over 75 360 games vs 22 PS3 games, obviously it didn't work out as planned lol. What system friends buy theirs on is a huge deciding factor (with barely any friends going PS over XB I've noticed), but, again, I still got a lot of multiplatform games for the XB (Damn you, achievement addiction lol). Definitely have to try to stick to my "rule" for selecting what game for what system...
1 year ago#6
PC. Consoles are for exclusives.
---
Death to the New Flesh, long live Videodrome!
1 year ago#7
Darth Stalin posted...
Xbox One. I buy the majority of my multiplats for it.I prefer the controller, UI and the integration of Kinect. There are certain multiplats I will only get on Sony consoles, like Metal Gear Solid (last gen and this gen), Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, etc. Apart from that all other multiplats will go to my X1.

haha...I definitely try to do the same thing and keep certain series "where they were born", like FF and MGS games being for PS (for some reason I never tried the Kingdom Hearts series...). Definitely agree with the controller issue though... I can use both systems' controllers, but if I HAD to pick only one controller to play the rest of my games with it'd be XBOX's in a heartbeat.
1 year ago#8
PS4 - Multiplatforms & Exclusives
Xbone - Exclusives.
Wii U - Exclusives

Prefer the DS4 controller, all of my friends are on PS4 this gen, multiplatform games usually look/run better on PS4 and I sorta prefer trophies.. though I really only try for them on games I really love.
1 year ago#9
longnuts posted...
I have one friend with xb1, and one friend with ps4, and those are the only 2 friends that have made the next gen purchase.

I buy for whichever console I'll be playing with said friend. I've been known to buy a copy for each console if a lot of friends are playing it for each.

As more of my friends buy ps4/xb1, it will ultimately come down to which one has more of my homies playing it. Again, I have no qualms buying 2 copies. I have 2 copies of dead island, DI riptide, singularity, Titanfall, Borderlands 2, and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head.

I don't give a crap about resolution arguments for multiplats.

The only game I bought on both platforms was Castlevania: LoS (ridiculously underrated ...story was captivating and gameplay was better than GoW's to me) for shear awesomeness.... I used to care less about resolution issues for the multiplats, but just started looking into it recently to try to see if I should be giving my Sony systems more play and it seems like maybe I can make things a little more even, especially if friends aren't an issue with certain games...

Sadly, I never got into gaming on PCs. Why? ....I have no clue to tell ya the truth
1 year ago#10
WantedOutlaw posted...
PS4 - Multiplatforms & Exclusives
Xbone - Exclusives.
Wii U - Exclusives

Prefer the DS4 controller, all of my friends are on PS4 this gen, multiplatform games usually look/run better on PS4 and I sorta prefer trophies.. though I really only try for them on games I really love.

I think the initial DS3 controllers killed my respect for Sony's controllers (remember when there was no vibration in them and they were soooooooo light that they felt like they were worth less than the USB charging cable lol...even websites were blasting them initially). But my recently downloaded Resogun will have me up for hours going after some of these trophies...some of them sounding impossible, but I guess that's with every gane
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. IF you have both..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived