The Ultimate GAMER TABOO LIST - add to it!

#31SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 12:45:59 PM
1)WOTSIT FINGERS: The process of playing videogames with Cheeto-coated grease fingers.
2) FANBOYS: The rabid devotion to a hunk of plastic and / or the company that manufactures them.
3) DISC NEGLECT: Letting discs get scraped to all holy hell by simply forgetting basic care.
4) UNHEALTHY: sat on your arse all day makes it easy to conform to stereotypes
5) PORTABLE POTTY: taking your handheld into the toilet and sitting there for far too long
6) MUSIC TERRORIST: because everyone in the lobby wants to listen to you enjoy Justin Beiber
7) CHICKEN HOG: Losing a sliver of health, seeing your pal is desperately needing health, but eating the floor-chicken/health kit anyway.
8) DAMNED STRANGER: Uh, what? You want me to leave just so your friend can join in? Okay...NO! Either enjoy playing this one with me or waste your time trying to remake another room.
9) WRONG OBJECTIVE: People that play objective based games like capture flag but just go for kills rather then the flags.
10) NO OBJECTIVE: People that play any kind of competitive game and spend their time trying to do jumping no scope 360's rather than kills. Do they know how big of a tool they are?
11) ONE MORE TIME: When you're taking turns on a game and your friend goes, "Let me try it again," an indefinite amount of times before you have to physically take the controller back.
12) PARTY POOPERS: When you're in a party with a friend and then his friend joins. Then your friends, friend joins. Then your friends, friend and your friends, friends, friend start having a conversation between themselves.
13) VEGAN IN MCDONALDS: When people get angry about you specifically talking about the game you are currently playing, talking about lore, story points or speculating on what might happen. "Don't, I haven't played the main game yet!", etc.
14) THE MYSTICAL GUIDE: When your friend, who has finished the game you're playing, pretends he's a human walkthrough guide, and insists on telling you how to play.
15) THE ONE-NIGHT RENTAL PAL: This guy could quite happily be a cheapskate, and we'd be cool with that. But he's also a bloody liar. He'll borrow your game for "one night." You'll see it again in January, covered in Jagermeister and some kind of...animal hair.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#32SigmaLongshot(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2014 6:50:22 AM
1)WOTSIT FINGERS: The process of playing videogames with Cheeto-coated grease fingers.
2) FANBOYS: The rabid devotion to a hunk of plastic and / or the company that manufactures them.
3) DISC NEGLECT: Letting discs get scraped to all holy hell by simply forgetting basic care.
5) PORTABLE POTTY: taking your handheld into the toilet and sitting there for far too long
6) MUSIC TERRORIST: because everyone in the lobby wants to listen to you enjoy Justin Beiber
7) CHICKEN HOG: Losing a sliver of health, seeing your pal is desperately needing health, but eating the floor-chicken/health kit anyway.
8) DAMNED STRANGER: Uh, what? You want me to leave just so your friend can join in? Okay...NO! Either enjoy playing this one with me or waste your time trying to remake another room.
9) WRONG OBJECTIVE: People that play objective based games like capture flag but just go for kills rather then the flags.
10) NO OBJECTIVE: People that play any kind of competitive game and spend their time trying to do jumping no scope 360's rather than kills. Do they know how big of a tool they are?
11) ONE MORE TIME: When you're taking turns on a game and your friend goes, "Let me try it again," an indefinite amount of times before you have to physically take the controller back.
12) PARTY POOPERS: When you're in a party with a friend and then his friend joins. Then your friends, friend joins. Then your friends, friend and your friends, friends, friend start having a conversation between themselves.
13) VEGAN IN MCDONALDS: When people get angry about you specifically talking about the game you are currently playing, talking about lore, story points or speculating on what might happen. "Don't, I haven't played the main game yet!", etc.
14) THE MYSTICAL GUIDE: When your friend, who has finished the game you're playing, pretends he's a human walkthrough guide, and insists on telling you how to play.
15) THE ONE-NIGHT RENTAL PAL: This guy could quite happily be a cheapskate, and we'd be cool with that. But he's also a bloody liar. He'll borrow your game for "one night." You'll see it again in January, covered in Jagermeister and some kind of...animal hair.
16) TRADER JOE: This might be a bit controversial for some people on here that might practice this. But I think it completely saps the fun from videogaming - Someone who plays through a game in the most rapid, breathless, quickest time possible just so they can trade it in the instant the credits roll. This guy is the same as...
17)LOL FIRST!: The guy who rushes through a game in record time just so they can gloat/smarm about it/do that annoying thing where they say, "no spoilers, but..." and then tell you a spoiler.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#33LonethernetPosted 7/6/2014 8:34:29 AM

ROFL-motherf******-COPTER! I almost choked someone a couple days ago for that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktrGDczwkec
---
Been here for years but signed up before the dawn of the 8th gen for the boards! Going all out this time. Weirdtown chat user Lonethernet
#34shauntenninePosted 7/6/2014 8:48:47 AM
16) TRADER JOE: This might be a bit controversial for some people on here that might practice this. But I think it completely saps the fun from videogaming - Someone who plays through a game in the most rapid, breathless, quickest time possible just so they can trade it in the instant the credits roll. This guy is the same as...
17)LOL FIRST!: The guy who rushes through a game in record time just so they can gloat/smarm about it/do that annoying thing where they say, "no spoilers, but..." and then tell you a spoiler.
18) THE GENERIC DOUCHEBAG: The people who somehow lose the game case, box art, or totally destroy them so it looks like a dogs chew toy. Then they trade the game in, and you get a generic box with no art.
#35kcypher2000Posted 7/6/2014 8:55:23 AM
Tenzhi posted...
Taking a portable game system into the bathroom... far less hygienic than cheeto grease.

How is this so bad exactly? Where do you put your hands when you drop a 2? Do you like guide each log home or something?