Microsoft will compete better once the console gets released in 29 new countries

#31RyuuHou25Posted 7/5/2014 11:41:02 AM
InfinityOver0 posted...
TauriLeader posted...
Sony dominate most of Europe and the Xbox didn't sell particular well outside the launch countries. I know people from Sweden who already have the Xbox. People within driving distance and really wanted the console will make the effort.

Xbox is launching in China with only 200,000 units as a test.

if ms cant sell 200k units to 1.2billion ppl, then it needs to just close up shop on the console market

Does nobody understand that China is VASTLY different from NA in terms of how and what they buy and government regulations and what not? It's not that simple.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#32SigmaLongshotPosted 7/5/2014 12:35:03 PM
RyuuHou25 posted...
InfinityOver0 posted...
TauriLeader posted...
Sony dominate most of Europe and the Xbox didn't sell particular well outside the launch countries. I know people from Sweden who already have the Xbox. People within driving distance and really wanted the console will make the effort.

if ms cant sell 200k units to 1.2billion ppl, then it needs to just close up shop on the console market

Does nobody understand that China is VASTLY different from NA in terms of how and what they buy and government regulations and what not? It's not that simple.

Exactly this. Have you ever been to China? I have, and I'm from Scotland (a country that mixes rural and urban pretty damned well, I might say). China is like a slap to the face, a "wake up, you fool! You live in a bubble!" type of experience. When we went to Hong Kong I was surprised to learn the etiquette of "foot traffic" - on the pavement you walked one way, like cars do on roads, and just went with the flow of people.

I didn't see ONE advert for a videogame (year 2004). Not one. Hong Kong. Yet when we went to the shops the pirated games were rife. There were all those rubbish fake gameboys and stuff, with genuine pokemon art printed on them and whatnot.

China is pretty lax about piracy, it seems, so nobody needs to actually *buy* consoles. Or at least, in my limited experience, that's what it seemed like.
---
Double Jump Game Comics: http://doublejump.thecomicseries.com/
#33cmincPosted 7/5/2014 1:21:47 PM
Microsoft is succeeding and will continue to be successful regardless of whether you guys like or not. The fact that theyve sold what they have WITH all the negative press, WITH next to no consumer buzz and WITHOUT either of their two marquee titles is a testament to that.

The xbox one was billed to be worse than the antichrist by pretty much everyone since its announcement and all the way up until its release, where it was still 100 dollars more than ps4. It's hard to imagine sony NOT selling more units under those circumstances, isnt it? I dont see why the sony side is so pumped over what should have been a foregone conclusion from the start. Plus ps4 has better specs that were supposed to equate to '40% more power.'

I guess new visions, new features and quality, worthwhile exclusives that arent big budget and halfassed imitations to better games still kind of matter a little bit to some people, huh?

But, hey, youll probably have more indies than us for a while! AND youve got killzone, infamous and baseball right now! Soon, you'll have a re-release of last years big ps3 game! And maybe lbp3 for christmas! And next year might net you vr that wont see support AND a cover shooter that doesnt cover shoot.

All tongue in cheek fanboy crap aside, i really do honestly feel terrible for you guys. Sony is so sadly and very obviously doomed.
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD| Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1
#34avanentPosted 7/5/2014 1:49:11 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
RyuuHou25 posted...
InfinityOver0 posted...
TauriLeader posted...

Exactly this. Have you ever been to China? I have, and I'm from Scotland (a country that mixes rural and urban pretty damned well, I might say). China is like a slap to the face, a "wake up, you fool! You live in a bubble!" type of experience. When we went to Hong Kong I was surprised to learn the etiquette of "foot traffic" - on the pavement you walked one way, like cars do on roads, and just went with the flow of people.

I didn't see ONE advert for a videogame (year 2004). Not one. Hong Kong. Yet when we went to the shops the pirated games were rife. There were all those rubbish fake gameboys and stuff, with genuine pokemon art printed on them and whatnot.

China is pretty lax about piracy, it seems, so nobody needs to actually *buy* consoles. Or at least, in my limited experience, that's what it seemed like.

Saw the same thing when I was there just a couple years ago. Didn't visit any markets in Shanghai or Beijing, but did in Hong Kong.
#35shauntenninePosted 7/5/2014 2:03:46 PM
Yes TC, wait til the xbone is available in Bulgaria and Ukraine. That's when we'll show those Sony ponies!!
#36nb003_99Posted 7/5/2014 2:12:59 PM
cminc posted...
Microsoft is succeeding and will continue to be successful regardless of whether you guys like or not. The fact that theyve sold what they have WITH all the negative press, WITH next to no consumer buzz and WITHOUT either of their two marquee titles is a testament to that.

The xbox one was billed to be worse than the antichrist by pretty much everyone since its announcement and all the way up until its release, where it was still 100 dollars more than ps4. It's hard to imagine sony NOT selling more units under those circumstances, isnt it? I dont see why the sony side is so pumped over what should have been a foregone conclusion from the start. Plus ps4 has better specs that were supposed to equate to '40% more power.'

I guess new visions, new features and quality, worthwhile exclusives that arent big budget and halfassed imitations to better games still kind of matter a little bit to some people, huh?

But, hey, youll probably have more indies than us for a while! AND youve got killzone, infamous and baseball right now! Soon, you'll have a re-release of last years big ps3 game! And maybe lbp3 for christmas! And next year might net you vr that wont see support AND a cover shooter that doesnt cover shoot.

All tongue in cheek fanboy crap aside, i really do honestly feel terrible for you guys. Sony is so sadly and very obviously doomed.

Lol almost like a commercial.
Yes MS is awesome for trying to overcome thier mis-steps.
---
"DRM aside, all of Microsofts moves have been as intended."
- Hentaidoji
#37Miiri0Posted 7/5/2014 3:16:14 PM(edited)
Ps4 is 4 or 5 millions ahead..

Soon. Yes, a few hundreds xbone sold a month in japan will turn thing around.
#38blacklabelicePosted 7/5/2014 4:26:25 PM(edited)
japan is the only market that has a wide gaming market, and they are all big on nintendo and sony. mostly nintendo.

but dont you worry guys. im sure south africa will close the gap!
#39ThePaleRiderpPosted 7/5/2014 4:42:49 PM
I may be wrong but isn't china big on PC gaming like South Korea?
---
Valar morghulis
#40copycat2008Posted 7/5/2014 4:59:47 PM
sorry but if MS sell outside the US, they would just lose money, MS wont risk that.
they would sell to major cities in different countries but dont expect a sell out.
i have friends living in asia and they all say xb1 just sits in the shelf while sony is sold out. friends in UK and most of them buys sony, some buys xb1.
its only here in the US that MS can compete against ps4. yet microsoft almost cut off their gaming division..............