What is the scariest game you've ever played?

#11liquidblue4Posted 7/5/2014 11:08:51 AM
I'm kinda of a horror pro/junkie. Here are some games to check out:

Blair Witch Vol 1: Rustin Parr
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Fatal Frame 2
Silent Hill series
Clive Barker's Undying
Resident Evil 2 & REmake
ObsCure series

Those are all good starting points and most of them have great (scary) atmosphere.

As for Outlast or Amnesia, they're both good horror games and can be scary, but they don't have the lasting value that most others do. Once you've seen the jump scares that's it.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#12cmincPosted 7/5/2014 11:11:01 AM
I hate bringing up personal stuff on gamefaqs, but i've been in too many rooms that had next level **** going on (while completely sober) to really even want to be immersed in the dreadful, scary-type atmospheres a lot of the 'better' kinds of these games have. Not because i'm afraid of the source material, but because a lot of it reminds me of stuff that actually happened that is still kind of terrifying to have floating around in my head when i'm done playing.

I just finished alan wake and thought that was great, though, if that counts as scary. I just didnt find it to be that way at all. Not even close, honestly. Thats probably why i thought it was great : )
---
MSI Z87-G45 | I7-4771 Turbo | GTX 770 4GB GDDR5 | Corsair HX 850W |
Kingston Hyper X 8GB DDR3 | 1TB 128 MB Cache HD| Windows 8.1 | 360 | XB1
#13kennyynnooPosted 7/5/2014 11:14:34 AM
aheroafake posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Outlast now

That game looks pretty damn good and scary from the Twitch broadcasts I've seen. Is the game worth getting?

It's definitely scary, even builds it up, its a indie technically so it's not amazing graphically but play it in the dark and it will keep your heart rate up. I hadn't been scared since resident evil 1-2 as a kid. I had to shut this off the first night a little early. It might be free one day though, it has a 6-8 hour story and a $9 DLC that's 3 hrs long I believe. Haven't beat it yet, if you like scary it works, no weapons just run for your life.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#14crynryanPosted 7/5/2014 11:15:44 AM
I played the original Resident Evils way too late to be able to find them scary (at 18), yet when I played Silent Hill 2 and 3 from the HD collection (at 20) I found they were scary. I did play a couple minutes of Fatal Frame (I think it was 2, it was on the PS2), but not enough to really get into it.

Although to me personally, Ocarina of Time will always have the scariest part of any game. When I was 7 or 8 (born in '91, got it shortly after it came out), I got all the way up to Gohma, opened the door to the chamber, and just couldn't go any farther. Years later I see my friend playing it and thinking to myself that I was stupid to think it was so scary.
---
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
(>O_O)> <(o_o<)
#15Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/5/2014 11:17:46 AM
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
Silent hill 2.

---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#16x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 7/5/2014 11:20:25 AM
Probably Condemned.

Although, there were instances that Eternal Darkness on GameCube made me think my console failed.
#17kennyynnooPosted 7/5/2014 11:23:52 AM
crynryan posted...
I played the original Resident Evils way too late to be able to find them scary (at 18), yet when I played Silent Hill 2 and 3 from the HD collection (at 20) I found they were scary. I did play a couple minutes of Fatal Frame (I think it was 2, it was on the PS2), but not enough to really get into it.

Although to me personally, Ocarina of Time will always have the scariest part of any game. When I was 7 or 8 (born in '91, got it shortly after it came out), I got all the way up to Gohma, opened the door to the chamber, and just couldn't go any farther. Years later I see my friend playing it and thinking to myself that I was stupid to think it was so scary.

Yeah at the time RE 1 came out it was scary and amazing, now they're not scary at all.
---
Xbox one, PS3, Wii
Play for the games not the evil corporation, they're all evil in the end.
#18BoneRevolutionPosted 7/5/2014 11:38:21 AM
Silent Hill 1-4
#19kungfuj0Posted 7/5/2014 11:46:44 AM
Def Jam:Icon.

Why?

Because it is down-right HORRIFYING to me how they could **** that game up as much as they did.

If they could **** that game up that badly, just imagine what they could do if they ever got any real power!!! Some scary **** indeed!
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#20Darth_StinkiusPosted 7/5/2014 12:42:02 PM
Project Zero 2 (Fatal Frame 2)

For biggest fright in a game... The bloody locker scene in Silent Hill 1
---
XBOX 360/One - Darth Stinkius
PS3 - darth_stinkius