What is the scariest game you've ever played?

#111pnut3844Posted 7/14/2014 7:47:04 PM
I'm sure it's already been said, but resident evil 1 and 2 for PS1. With the lights off, that game freaked me out. And there was this game for gamecube, drawing a blanm right now but it was a resident evil type game where you went back and forth through historical times as different characters and you had an insanity meter. When you saw a monster it filled up the meter. The fuller it got, the more it messed with you. Your head would appear to fall off etc. And it messed with you, the gamer. For instance, a fly would walk across the screen, the tv volume would appear to turn down on its own or even mute, and the worst one was when you saved a game it would say "game deleted." It would also go to a blue input screen. It was EPIC, and so wish it would get remade. I've never seen anything like it, it was so ahead of its time. Anyone remember the name?I'm drawing a blank here.
#112BigLongDownerPosted 7/14/2014 7:48:32 PM
pnut3844 posted...
I'm sure it's already been said, but resident evil 1 and 2 for PS1. With the lights off, that game freaked me out. And there was this game for gamecube, drawing a blanm right now but it was a resident evil type game where you went back and forth through historical times as different characters and you had an insanity meter. When you saw a monster it filled up the meter. The fuller it got, the more it messed with you. Your head would appear to fall off etc. And it messed with you, the gamer. For instance, a fly would walk across the screen, the tv volume would appear to turn down on its own or even mute, and the worst one was when you saved a game it would say "game deleted." It would also go to a blue input screen. It was EPIC, and so wish it would get remade. I've never seen anything like it, it was so ahead of its time. Anyone remember the name?I'm drawing a blank here.

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Awesome game.
---
GT - Typ3 O Negativ3
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
#113pnut3844Posted 7/14/2014 7:57:27 PM
BigLongDowner posted...
pnut3844 posted...

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. Awesome game.

Yessss. Freaking epic game. If they remade it, I'd buy a eii u simply for that game. Unless it was multi plat
#114SteelToothPosted 7/14/2014 8:08:01 PM
SigmaLongshot posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
Condemned
Blair Witch on PC
Silent Hill 2
Ecco The Dolphin (Not a joke)

The last one - Ecco - I totally get that. I actually had nightmares about that and I think I was about twelve.

Getting near the end with all the bloody horrifying xenomorphs? Jesus.

Wait, whoa, hold up - what?!

I never played Ecco (Genesis era) but I had a feeling something was off about that game.

There's aliens in Ecco?

More on topic, I've not really played many scary games, but Alan Wake had a delightfully oppressive feeling, as well as the mines in Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay.

I always play in the dark, so maybe the experienced was a bit heightened.
---
TWSSted Steel Disagree with me? Talk to the Tree:
http://i.imgur.com/ihMBR.jpg
#115UnhelpfulNPCPosted 7/14/2014 8:14:00 PM
NBA Jam. At least when I used play against my brother. The price of victory was steep.
#116D3x1Posted 7/14/2014 8:39:19 PM
Personal favourite is the first Dead Space. :)
---
o_o
#117jovhany11Posted 7/15/2014 6:38:07 AM
Baby maker extreme
---
Gtag: Theweatherman03
Current Systems: Xbox One, Wii U, 3Ds
#118Joey-ZazaPosted 7/15/2014 6:56:41 AM
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
Silent hill 2.

---
"The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed." - The Dark Tower I
#119Aw3somenessPosted 7/15/2014 7:24:58 AM
Silent Hill 1 on PS1. The bad graphics (limited draw distance mainly) actually made the game scarier. From sound to atmosphere this game was perfectly scary.

Amnesia:Dark Descent is also pretty good. Not realy scary in a classical sense... I dont know how to describe it. I find it more psychologically draining. It plays with your expectations.
---
Caution: The above post may contain opinions and/or sarcasm.
#120gray_fox_00Posted 7/15/2014 7:31:31 AM
Pac-Mac with all those ghosts chasing me.
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice