What is the scariest game you've ever played?

#71MasteroftheArtsPosted 7/9/2014 3:31:39 PM
liquidblue4 posted...
MasteroftheArts posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi

We have a winner. I can't even think of anything that comes close to it. The game's audio is some of the best in any horror game and the RNG elements make for a tense experience every time. Perhaps Dungeon Nightmares could match it in scares, but that's almost not even a game.

It's amazing actually seeing someone else who knows that Rustin Parr even exists. Game reminds me of Nocturne.

Totally agree. I always make it a point to mention Nosferatu in these topics because it's such a good horror game (easily one of the best of all time when talking about scary games), but no one ever knows it exists. There was a guy on here that claimed to have played every FPS ever on PC, he even made a Top 100 list. In the topic he was asking for recs and I was the only person in a multiple hundred post topic to mention one he hadn't played, and of course it was Nosferatu.

As for Rustin Parr, it actually takes place during the events of Nocturne. You're playing as Doc Holliday straight out of the Spookhouse. Even at the beginning training you see all the Nocturne characters and while in the forest you talk to Stranger. It was made by the same devs. The other 2 BW games weren't though. Vol 2 is good, but I didn't care much for Vol 3.

My friend is still crying for a sequel to Nocturne.

I don't know if this is a rumor or not, but I read somewhere that the family that owns the rights to the Nosferatu name tried to get every copy of the game destroyed before it was released. I'd imagine that had something to do with the fact that the developer pretty much folded after the game was released.

I don't know how I didn't make the connection between the games. Might have to dig those games out of my closet and give them another play.

As far as a sequel, didn't Gathering of Developers make that? If so, there's pretty much no chance because Take Two pretty much owns them now.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#72slyman19Posted 7/9/2014 4:06:42 PM
The REmake.

Games where you just run and don't fight like Outlast don't really scare me for some reason.
#73liquidblue4Posted 7/10/2014 11:35:00 AM
liquidblue4 posted...
liquidblue4 posted...
Nosferatu: Wrath of Malachi

We have a winner. I can't even think of anything that comes close to it. The game's audio is some of the best in any horror game and the RNG elements make for a tense experience every time. Perhaps Dungeon Nightmares could match it in scares, but that's almost not even a game.

It's amazing actually seeing someone else who knows that Rustin Parr even exists. Game reminds me of Nocturne.

Totally agree. I always make it a point to mention Nosferatu in these topics because it's such a good horror game (easily one of the best of all time when talking about scary games), but no one ever knows it exists. There was a guy on here that claimed to have played every FPS ever on PC, he even made a Top 100 list. In the topic he was asking for recs and I was the only person in a multiple hundred post topic to mention one he hadn't played, and of course it was Nosferatu.

As for Rustin Parr, it actually takes place during the events of Nocturne. You're playing as Doc Holliday straight out of the Spookhouse. Even at the beginning training you see all the Nocturne characters and while in the forest you talk to Stranger. It was made by the same devs. The other 2 BW games weren't though. Vol 2 is good, but I didn't care much for Vol 3.

My friend is still crying for a sequel to Nocturne.

I don't know if this is a rumor or not, but I read somewhere that the family that owns the rights to the Nosferatu name tried to get every copy of the game destroyed before it was released. I'd imagine that had something to do with the fact that the developer pretty much folded after the game was released.

I don't know how I didn't make the connection between the games. Might have to dig those games out of my closet and give them another play.

As far as a sequel, didn't Gathering of Developers make that? If so, there's pretty much no chance because Take Two pretty much owns them now.

They were actually making a sequel to Nocturne at one point. Some time in development they changed it around, kept some of the story and areas from Nocturne, and renamed Svetlana to Rayne. Thus Bloodrayne was born. As for a true sequel, yeah, it's not happening.

As for Nosferatu, luckily it can still be found on Amazon and ebay. Even if it is in small amounts.
---
Demon to Some. Angel to Others.
#74AWarAmp84Posted 7/10/2014 11:45:42 AM
No videogame has ever scared me. However, the most unsettling game I've ever played is Outlast.
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#75KCJ5062Posted 7/10/2014 11:48:52 AM
B1GB0SS_86 posted...
Silent hill 2.

I found the first one much scarier. Damn demons dogs scared the **** out of me. Especially when out in the dark.
#76aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 2:40:22 AM
I'm not too far into the game but damn, Outlast is freaking me out.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#77BiggyDXPosted 7/11/2014 5:55:56 AM
Condemned. So much so, that when I got to the mannequin map, I quit playing.
---
Gamertag: Biggy DX
#78DC07301981Posted 7/11/2014 6:15:42 AM
Probably Fatal Frame or one of the Silent Hill games. Can't really remember, it's been awhile since I've played any kind of horror/survival horror games. I remember Fatal Frame really creeping me out. That game was so well done and combined gameplay, story, and graphics almost flawlessly, IMO.
#79Oaktree_57Posted 7/11/2014 6:37:36 AM
One of the fatal frames on ps2. Never finished it
---
Sting vs Undertaker Wrestlemania 31. Make it happen Vince!
#80aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 6:43:56 AM
It's good to see all the love for the Fatal Frame games. I didn't think that many people had played any of the FF games. A sequel/prequel/reboot of the FF games powered by Xbox One/PS4 would be great.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |