What is the scariest game you've ever played?

#81aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 5:47:30 AM(edited)
BiggyDX posted...
Condemned. So much so, that when I got to the mannequin map, I quit playing.

The mannequin store scared the **** out of me lol. Those psychos posing as mannequins was unreal. Man that was a great game.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#82PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 7/11/2014 5:53:42 AM
Eternal Darkness was also surprisingly creepy.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#83aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 7:09:11 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

I've never played it but I've heard that it was creepy but in an awesome way.
---
#84Megamushroom666Posted 7/11/2014 7:53:26 AM
REmake for GameCube
---
www.snackeroo.com
Carmina Burana: youtu.be/fUiEjLwZbTY
#85aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 8:42:29 AM
Megamushroom666 posted...
REmake for GameCube

Good choice. I couldn't get myself to play it sometimes just because of the game's atmosphere. And don't even remind me of the Crimson Heads in the game. Those things scared the crap out of me lol.
---
#86PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 7/11/2014 11:29:37 AM
aheroafake posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

The game itself isn't so creepy, it's when your sanity starts to go...that's when s*** gets real.

I almost pooped myself when I walked into one of the bathrooms with low sanity. Didn't help that my television was loud.
---
http://www.youtube.com/greeneagemedia
Check me out!
#87psfanatix18Posted 7/11/2014 11:37:57 AM
Pacman. It really scares me everytime theres a ghost chasing me at every corner.
---
You are your own personal reflection...
PSN: psfanatix
#88aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 2:30:51 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
aheroafake posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

The game itself isn't so creepy, it's when your sanity starts to go...that's when s*** gets real.

I almost pooped myself when I walked into one of the bathrooms with low sanity. Didn't help that my television was loud.

That was a Gamecube title wasn't it?
---
#89boolzeroPosted 7/11/2014 2:54:32 PM(edited)
I am a huge horror fan so I don't get scared by these games but I do enjoy the atmosphere they convey and I think they succeed where most other games stumble:

System Shock 2
Clock Tower series
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Silent Hill 1 & 2
Rule of Rose
Penumbra
Outlast
Clive Barker's Jericho
Bioshock
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#90cheezedadadaPosted 7/11/2014 3:04:35 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Don't laugh, but I can't finish Corpse Party.

Haha, well that game is pretty much a giant mind-****, so I can understand that. Funny you mention it because I randomly fired up the Vita in the last week or two and started playing through that again. Going to finish that and play Book of Shadows again.

As for my answer, even after playing pretty much every horror/thriller/etc game I could get my hands on going waaay back, Outlast really was one of the first ones to make me feel pretty damn uncomfortable. The whole inability to defend yourself (like Amnesia) really makes the game tense and I have never felt more uncomfortable while struggling to open up a locker to hide in and praying the guy running into the room didnt see me. Its rough. When I beat it, I only played it in short bursts.

Before that, there wasn't much else. Most of the ones listed are great examples, but they never really made me feel tense. Oddly enough, the first Dead Space kinda freaked me out a little, but only because it was a mix of horror and space. Space is creepy. So maybe its less that its scary and more about astrophobia. Being alone in space in the dark where no one can hear you scream is unsettling.

Oh and one other side note, going back to Outlast. If you go on XBL and watch some game clips, it shows that other people feel the same way. I just watched three earlier this week and all three of them were of the player creeping down a hall practically tiptoeing and looking at every possible nook and cranny with the camera hoping nothing jumps out.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.