What is the scariest game you've ever played?

#91EstocassassinPosted 7/11/2014 3:10:06 PM
Alan Wake
That is the only game that kept me on edge the entire way through.

I so wish that they would make a sequel :'-(
#92robert_rangersuPosted 7/11/2014 3:11:57 PM
Resident Evil 2. I was 11 when I played it, so it was pretty scary. And wow I didn't turn out to be a serieal killer or anything, holy **** guys!
---
Couldn't care less = you don't care one single bit.
Could care less = you do care, at least a little.
#93cheezedadadaPosted 7/11/2014 3:15:20 PM
Estocassassin posted...
Alan Wake
That is the only game that kept me on edge the entire way through.

I so wish that they would make a sequel :'-(

That's one of my favorite games of all time. It needs a sequel so bad. Defending the stage while Children of The Elder God played was one of the top 10 moments in gaming history for me.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#94triplesix00Posted 7/11/2014 5:15:28 PM
Fatal Frame 2
---
PSN & GT: triplesix22
#95Cornbread4lifePosted 7/11/2014 5:28:39 PM
Tough to say. A lot of games start scary but don't stay scary for long. I'd say the first half hour to an hour of Bioshock and Dead Space are good examples of that.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#96aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 7:24:33 PM
cheezedadada posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Don't laugh, but I can't finish Corpse Party.

Haha, well that game is pretty much a giant mind-****, so I can understand that. Funny you mention it because I randomly fired up the Vita in the last week or two and started playing through that again. Going to finish that and play Book of Shadows again.

As for my answer, even after playing pretty much every horror/thriller/etc game I could get my hands on going waaay back, Outlast really was one of the first ones to make me feel pretty damn uncomfortable. The whole inability to defend yourself (like Amnesia) really makes the game tense and I have never felt more uncomfortable while struggling to open up a locker to hide in and praying the guy running into the room didnt see me. Its rough. When I beat it, I only played it in short bursts.

Before that, there wasn't much else. Most of the ones listed are great examples, but they never really made me feel tense. Oddly enough, the first Dead Space kinda freaked me out a little, but only because it was a mix of horror and space. Space is creepy. So maybe its less that its scary and more about astrophobia. Being alone in space in the dark where no one can hear you scream is unsettling.

Oh and one other side note, going back to Outlast. If you go on XBL and watch some game clips, it shows that other people feel the same way. I just watched three earlier this week and all three of them were of the player creeping down a hall practically tiptoeing and looking at every possible nook and cranny with the camera hoping nothing jumps out.

That's great. The last part of your post made my day, I got a huge laugh out of that. I might check it out and see how freaked out other players get. Playing late last night, I couldn't force myself to continue playing because of how tense it was and how creepy everything was. I kept telling myself that it's just a game but even then, I was still on the edge of my seat. The game is very well done.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#97aheroafake(Topic Creator)Posted 7/11/2014 7:25:45 PM
Cornbread4life posted...
Tough to say. A lot of games start scary but don't stay scary for long. I'd say the first half hour to an hour of Bioshock and Dead Space are good examples of that.

Dead Space had me on my toes throughout the whole game. I wish more horror games would be developed.
---
| Undead Soldier | Undead Army | Undead Hollywood |
| Xbox Live Gamertag: Capatan Azn Man | www.youtube.com/capatanaznman |
#98Cornbread4lifePosted 7/11/2014 7:49:03 PM
aheroafake posted...
Cornbread4life posted...

Dead Space had me on my toes throughout the whole game. I wish more horror games would be developed.

I agree it stayed suspenseful, but more in the way of just getting startled by enemies jumping out and surprising you than an actually scary enemy. That's of course not to say I didn't completely enjoy the game, but it was really only the beginning where I was actually afraid of what I was seeing and not just being startled. That first baby jumping out of the wall...controllers were thrown.
---
GT: Cornbread4life
#99wavvvvesPosted 7/11/2014 7:58:38 PM
I don't find things like slenderman or outlast scary, or things that pop out (though I DO jump) I consider something scary when it can terrify me or emotional mess with me and make me feel uneasy.
Soo i'd say
-silent hill 1 and 2
-fatal frame 2
-siren
-resident evil code veronica
-ocarina of time (weird right?)
...there's obviously more but those are the ones on the top of my head who really made an image.
#100youngskillzPosted 7/11/2014 8:03:03 PM
lol @ people thinking dead space or re is scary.

try playing fatal frame in the dark, pretty much the only series that can be scary/creepy at times.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Arch Enemy, Cantabile Wind, Eye of the Enemy, The Wake, Exhortation, Deals Death, Mechanical God Creation, Fractal Gates, Destinity, Isolated