microsoft should buy xseed games

#1Darkneo20Posted 7/5/2014 4:17:48 PM
all of my favorite rpgs lately end up being on the ps vita or ps3 or psp and a good number of them are from xseed games

that company could help the xbox one out ALOT in japan if their games exclusive to microsoft
---
Amd Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz ASUS EAH DIRECTCU 5850 1gig Asus Crosshair Formula 3 790FX WD Caviar 1TB HDD Coolermaster HAF 932 XFX Modular 750watt PSU
#2Jedi454Posted 7/5/2014 4:22:38 PM
That's a bit silly considering most the titles they've made in the past few years are handheld games for Vita and 3DS.
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#3Darkneo20(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 4:23:56 PM
the point is xseed games is great at making rpgs something that most xbox consoles lack most of the time it would fill that category nicely
---
Amd Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz ASUS EAH DIRECTCU 5850 1gig Asus Crosshair Formula 3 790FX WD Caviar 1TB HDD Coolermaster HAF 932 XFX Modular 750watt PSU
#4Jedi454Posted 7/5/2014 4:33:55 PM(edited)
Darkneo20 posted...
the point is xseed games is great at making rpgs something that most xbox consoles lack most of the time it would fill that category nicely

If Xbox consoles lack RPGs, then the Wii U to N64 must be an RPG graveyard.
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#5Demon_AckerPosted 7/5/2014 4:34:22 PM
Xseed doesn't make any games, they just publish them
---
http://i.imgur.com/jEtDldy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyu6dyI.gif
#6Bikes-Posted 7/5/2014 4:44:58 PM
Demon_Acker posted...

It's kinda sad it took 5 posts for this to be pointed out.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#7boolzeroPosted 7/5/2014 4:46:15 PM
Darkneo20 posted...

I think the point is that JRPG's in general don't sell well on major consoles anymore unless they have the words "Final" and "Fantasy" in the title. They can do well on handheld because the bar is lower on those platforms when it comes to graphics, story, depth, etc. I know I will get blasted for that comment but it is sadly the truth; we set cognitive biases based loosely on our expectancy given the platform. A game that is considered great on a PSP, 3DS and such would most likely be received poorly even if it had a graphical update because we have set such a high bar for this particular genre that no developer or publisher can possibly meet it!

Besides, diversity doesn't help if the selection is not considered palatable. Ms tried that plan before with the 360 with Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata, Last Remnant, Lost Odyssey, Enchanted Arms and Resonance of Fate, all of which met with sales that didn't entice their developers to pursue a second venture.

Couple this with a the most divided demographic of gamers when it comes to what they want, like and expect in a JRPG, and no developer seems to be able to meet any success on a console with the demand for graphics, story, mechanics and the like being such a dice roll with it's intended demographic.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; developers drove the stake in the genre back in the PS2 era by over saturating the market and JRPG fans killed JRPGs on consoles (that even goes for the PS4 which has faired better but still not extraordinary sales for the genre) by not agreeing on what they want from it!
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#8boolzeroPosted 7/5/2014 4:49:10 PM
Bikes- posted...
Demon_Acker posted...

It's kinda sad it took 5 posts for this to be pointed out.

Actually they are called Marvelous AQL... They haven't been Xseed for some time though they still seem to rock the old logo...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...