Just bought some PS4 Gold Headsets. Do I need adapter?

#1CHS_RICHPosted 7/5/2014 4:24:36 PM
I was under the impression that similar to having an 360 Headset that I would just need the adapter to talk. I usually just use Kinect in party chat for that. However, I'm getting no sound out of these new headsets. Am I doing something wrong or is the adapter absolutely necessary. In which case, I'd just return these and get the Stereo Xbox One set
#2spacejamjordanzPosted 7/5/2014 4:38:50 PM
The adapter is absolutely necessary. The Xbox One stereo headset also comes with one.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#3deadlysin24Posted 7/5/2014 4:49:52 PM
Ps4 gold wireless headset does not work with the xbox. PS3,4, vita &pc only.
---
PSN The_Mauler83 XBL Deadlysin
#4axelfooley2k5Posted 7/5/2014 5:00:49 PM
deadlysin24 posted...

Wrong

Adapter........
#5CapnStankyPosted 7/5/2014 5:30:29 PM
deadlysin24 posted...

Ignore this person. The PS Gold headsets work fine as long as you have the adapter. You can use it for game audio as well as hearing and sending chat data.
#6deadlysin24Posted 7/5/2014 6:23:08 PM
Sorry :( will have to pick up this adapter for xone so I can use it for both systems. was thinking of the USB dongle for the headset. Sucks that's I have a USB port on my tv and there's no way around that to make it work for live tv audio, aside from using the adapter and hooking my fios box through the Xbox.
---
PSN The_Mauler83 XBL Deadlysin