I would love to be digital only, but it's so much more expensive!

#1triple sPosted 7/5/2014 4:56:45 PM
Games that are still $60 on digital are easily able to be found for much less buying the physical disc either new or used. I actually really like how easily it is to switch games with Kinect(Xbox...Go to..."Name of Game") but it just doesn't work as well when you have to switch disc. Even knocking off $5-$10 buying a digital copy would make it more worthwhile but no! Plus, you have to install every game anyways so it makes it even more silly to use disc. Microsoft's original approach may have benefited someone like me more.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#2kungfuj0Posted 7/5/2014 5:04:41 PM
I will admit the convenience of being digital, but I can never see myself doing it. The cost is probably the biggest part. I just looked at NBA 2K14 on xbox 360 digitally. MS is still asking $60 for it, but I can find the game new on ebay for $30, and less than that for a used copy.

It's ridiculous that they do that. They still have games that came out when the 360 came out that are still the same price digitally that they were back then. There is no depreciation, despite the fact that I am sure some of those games stopped selling LONG ago.

If the game companies, be it MS or whoever else, ever truly addresses this problem, then maybe...MAYBE I'll consider it, but I don't see anything like that happening any time soon.
---
Sometimes I honestly think that Online is the WORST thing that ever happened to gaming.
#3triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 5:20:18 PM
That's exactly my problem. Plus truth be told, you still have the ability to sell a physical copy later on if you choose making digital only feel even more of a rip off when you can't get the game cheaper than what you can find physical. Hope the Gold deals end up being much better and it might make it more worth my while.
---
#4spacejamjordanzPosted 7/5/2014 5:52:48 PM
triple s posted...
Games that are still $60 on digital are easily able to be found for much less buying the physical disc either new or used. I actually really like how easily it is to switch games with Kinect(Xbox...Go to..."Name of Game") but it just doesn't work as well when you have to switch disc. Even knocking off $5-$10 buying a digital copy would make it more worthwhile but no! Plus, you have to install every game anyways so it makes it even more silly to use disc. Microsoft's original approach may have benefited someone like me more.

It's just hard for me to see how it's worth it on consoles. Especially when I can get a physical copy for significantly less, and have the option to sell it if I ever wanted to.
---
"You know you've spotted a fanboy when they simply can not concede that anything is worthwhile on the other console"~ Evel138
#5regsantotomasPosted 7/5/2014 6:02:36 PM
There is no financial advantage at this point to going digital on consoles. It totally makes sense why those seeking the best value will opt for the physical option.

That is, however, not the only gating factor; I do enjoy the other benefits of going digital since reselling and retail price points aren't a detraction.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#6triple s(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 6:09:06 PM
I'm just really use to having a full digital collection on PC. It's just easier. Just like I said, I really love the Kinect voice options to pick your game out real good. So yeah, guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get physical as well.
---