How important is the story in games?

#1njkking01Posted 7/5/2014 4:48:01 PM
Well for me the story plays a big part unless the gameplay is great (far cry 3 and Black flags) As long as theres a decent story and great gameplay I can overlook it. Story is pretty important to me most of my singleplayer games I bought purely for the story. How important is it to you?
---
Please check out my channel!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI2Dtq7vY_twxZUTCQKdmyg
#2DarthUchiha91Posted 7/5/2014 4:49:41 PM
In RPG's, very important to me.

Any other genre, don't really care much.
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#3shotymePosted 7/5/2014 5:08:56 PM
njkking01 posted...
Well for me the story plays a big part unless the gameplay is great (far cry 3 and Black flags) As long as theres a decent story and great gameplay I can overlook it. Story is pretty important to me most of my singleplayer games I bought purely for the story. How important is it to you?

I'd say very important. Not so much for the new generation of gamers. Idk guess it depends on the genre and what the devs are aiming for.
---
KI: Thunder/Orchid, TTT2: Nina/Kazuya, USF4: Elena/Sagat, Blaz: Azreal/Litchi
Wants: Halo 5, DA Inquisition, Far Cry 4, Persona 5, Madden 15, Evolve, SSB Wii U
#4PibugoPosted 7/5/2014 5:25:16 PM
I always like great stories, but a game that is all about fun and gameplay is fine with me as well, most of the time. But the moment a game tries to tell a story and fails at it, that's when we have a problem.
---
The stuff I do/post isn't 100% BS -VeghEsther
#5XNo_FearXPosted 7/5/2014 5:29:01 PM
To me story is very important. Thats why I like to play games its for story and gameplay
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost FC: 1392-4747-3214
Asus Laptop | GTX 670M | i5 @3.1GHz | 8gb Ram | 750 HD | W8