About using a Harmony remote

#1markbartPosted 7/5/2014 4:56:18 PM
So I'm thinking of getting the Harmony 350 and not the 650 because since I already have my cable box connected to my Xbox One, and also use it to play blu-ray movies, I have no need for different activity buttons that the 650 has over the 350 when I just use my voice to control all those functions.

But my question is this: Does the Harmony remote (any model) control the Xbox One menus as well as video playback, or do I need the separate Xbox One media remote. Thanks in advance.
---
Gamertag/PSN ID: MarkBart0305
#2regsantotomasPosted 7/5/2014 4:58:16 PM
The Xbox One will respond to IR commands from a Harmony Remote just fine. I use both a Harmony One and a Harmony Ultimate in separate rooms.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#3markbart(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 5:09:50 PM
But apart from turning it on and off, can you use it to browse through the menus and control video playback?
---
#4regsantotomasPosted 7/5/2014 5:19:18 PM
There are arrow commands; play/pause/rew/FF; and A/B/X/Y buttons you can program along with Home.

Some apps are friendlier than others to these commands but navigating the menu works just fine.
---
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
#5markbart(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2014 5:27:30 PM
Thanks a lot.
---
#6Sith JediPosted 7/5/2014 9:48:28 PM
As a 650 owner, you should probably get a 650. For me the screen is mostly useless except for all the remote commands that don't have a defined button. Stuff like DVR, on demand, Etc...All come in a lot more handy with a screen.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/
#7markbart(Topic Creator)Posted 7/6/2014 10:37:17 AM
Sith Jedi posted...
As a 650 owner, you should probably get a 650. For me the screen is mostly useless except for all the remote commands that don't have a defined button. Stuff like DVR, on demand, Etc...All come in a lot more handy with a screen.

Can you program some of the remote commands to any of the buttons on the remote I see fit? You see, I don't really care for the screen and see it as a distraction when I'm watching at night. However, if you need the screen to access more remote commands, I may need to get it.
---