About using a Harmony remote

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. About using a Harmony remote

User Info: Marksman86

Marksman86
2 years ago#1
So I'm thinking of getting the Harmony 350 and not the 650 because since I already have my cable box connected to my Xbox One, and also use it to play blu-ray movies, I have no need for different activity buttons that the 650 has over the 350 when I just use my voice to control all those functions.

But my question is this: Does the Harmony remote (any model) control the Xbox One menus as well as video playback, or do I need the separate Xbox One media remote. Thanks in advance.
Gamertag/PSN ID: MarkBart0305

User Info: regsantotomas

regsantotomas
2 years ago#2
The Xbox One will respond to IR commands from a Harmony Remote just fine. I use both a Harmony One and a Harmony Ultimate in separate rooms.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain

Marksman86
2 years ago#3
But apart from turning it on and off, can you use it to browse through the menus and control video playback?

User Info: regsantotomas

regsantotomas
2 years ago#4
There are arrow commands; play/pause/rew/FF; and A/B/X/Y buttons you can program along with Home.

Some apps are friendlier than others to these commands but navigating the menu works just fine.
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain

Marksman86
2 years ago#5
Thanks a lot.

User Info: Sith Jedi

Sith Jedi
2 years ago#6
As a 650 owner, you should probably get a 650. For me the screen is mostly useless except for all the remote commands that don't have a defined button. Stuff like DVR, on demand, Etc...All come in a lot more handy with a screen.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Bandin6385/

Marksman86
2 years ago#7
Sith Jedi posted...
As a 650 owner, you should probably get a 650. For me the screen is mostly useless except for all the remote commands that don't have a defined button. Stuff like DVR, on demand, Etc...All come in a lot more handy with a screen.

Can you program some of the remote commands to any of the buttons on the remote I see fit? You see, I don't really care for the screen and see it as a distraction when I'm watching at night. However, if you need the screen to access more remote commands, I may need to get it.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. About using a Harmony remote

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived