Anyone else gone all or almost all digital?

#1swaggernautPosted 7/5/2014 8:12:16 PM
Because of game sharing and getting free Xbox money I've gone all digital so far. Sure if there's a game I want that becomes dirt cheap on disc I'll jump on it. But for now I'm leaning in getting games digitally. I'll be heart broken and angry if I can't access my digital library for any reason though.
#2phineasfoolPosted 7/5/2014 8:14:55 PM
I started going mostly digital last gen with the PS3.
---
XBLive - phineasfool
NNID - phineasfool
#3Jedi454Posted 7/5/2014 8:15:52 PM
It's your money friend, you choose how to spend it. I can't go digital until there's an actual reason to.
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#4IroncondorzPosted 7/5/2014 8:18:37 PM
Not yet, but I am ready for it.
#5PibugoPosted 7/5/2014 8:19:10 PM
Not really. I do own plenty of digital games, though in comparison to the physical copies it's still extremely low and most of those are games are digital only anyway.
---
The stuff I do/post isn't 100% BS -VeghEsther
#6BigSaltyDookiePosted 7/5/2014 8:24:56 PM
Only on PC. Stream sales can be so great that I don't really mind.
I'd never go all digital on consoles though. Don't feel like I own a game without a physical copy. Plus I can't loan them to friends or sell them if they suck, so that's a big deal breaker.
---
Now Playing
Tomb Raider (PS4) - DR3 (X1) - Ryse (X1) - Wolfenstein (X1) - Spec Ops: The Line (PS3) - Wind Waker HD (Wii U) - Transformers WfC (PS3)
#7ComradeRyanPosted 7/5/2014 8:40:23 PM
I always purchase a physical copy when it comes to retail games.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#8AzaneAzerPosted 7/5/2014 8:52:04 PM(edited)
I did on PC but not console yet, the advantages don't exist on console yet that steam has provided, I don't even have an optical drive on my PC I built last year, and it's inconvenienced me a total of 1 time out of ~300 purchases, however, my Console digital games were unaccessable (Around Titanfail's release), and having a 3 day period where my legitimately paid for games weren't playable made me hold off going full on with the DRM overlords.

(Before people say it, 85% of steam's library doesn't require internet to play)
#9Darth StalinPosted 7/5/2014 8:59:06 PM
I prefer physical and will only get a game in digital if it is significantly cheaper than the physical copy or it only comes in digital. I can see the appeal in it since there are those times that I would prefer not to take a game out of the case, pop it in, etc. With digital you can select or voice command it on kinect.
---
XBL Tag- Cruxis Mithos | PSN - Cruxis_Mithos
Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360 and PS3.... Will get a Wii U when SSB comes out.