Did Titanfall save Xbox One like Halo did on the original Xbox?

#21Mr_Fury32Posted 7/13/2014 4:52:34 PM
jerrick posted...
No. Now their pinning their hopes on Sunset Overdrive and that Magic card game.

sunset does look fun, but i also feel i've played something like it before, Crackdown and it's sequel...
---
WANTED: DEFIANCE AND RESIDENT EVIL REVELATIONS PS3 players
System ID's :PSN ID: Auron-32, Xbox LIVE: AzzTheStickman. I'm in the U.K. so thats 0GMT
#22ALostGrenadePosted 7/13/2014 5:04:16 PM
Nope.
---
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/daeoc
Come and stop by sometime, the focus right now is on JRPGs, but I still do stream every other genre randomly.
#23Auction SniperPosted 7/13/2014 5:08:14 PM
What is is with Halo 'saving' the original Xbox? - it was a launch title.

Microsoft bought Bungie and made them change the game to an console exclusive in order to have a hit game available on day one for the console.
---
"Sleep is for babies, gamers play all night!" - Thomas Falsetta
#24boolzeroPosted 7/13/2014 5:16:25 PM
Xbox One releasing a Kinect-less model is no different in my mind than what Sony did with the PS3 removal of BC and price drop. They are doing what they need to to pull sales and make the system more appealing price point wise while trying to cut the cost out of the product.

It's not good, it's not bad, it is what it is; business and keeping unit movement from hitting a J-curve. MS will turn a head some point down the road at some point. As long as the games are coming (and they are) and the systems haven't just flat stopped moving off the shelves (they haven't) I'm not too worried. Anyone whose been with MS's consoles since their inception knows that it has always been an uphill battle for the company in the games industry and every success is met with more stumbling blocks. All I know is that my system doesn't have to be number one in the industry in order for me to enjoy it; [I would assume] that philosophy should apply to ever gamer...
---
Death is a dish best served with gravy...
#25singhellotakuPosted 7/13/2014 8:25:39 PM
slyman19 posted...
ManInGorillaSut posted...
slyman19 posted...
The Xbox One never needed saving....

Yeah, that's why Microsoft released a kinectless version for $100 less only six months after launch...

Big difference between saving and wanting more sales.

keep telling yourself that
---
Humanity as a whole gets dumber every time you write sonypony nintendrone or xbot...and weeaboo...I mean, honestly people.
#26grouperfishPosted 7/13/2014 8:30:38 PM
No, Titanfall wasn't that great. It did set a standard for the Xbox One to have interesting AAA exclusives, though.
---
All games are ultimately dim and frightful wastes.
#27iiTryhardPosted 7/13/2014 8:44:17 PM
halo MCC will be the real system seller, I just bought my xbox for halo and haven't even bought a game for it. Titanfall looks like it's fun at first but lacks any real depth
---
Yeezus tour was LIFE CHANGING
#28crucialPosted 7/15/2014 7:38:14 PM
X1 did not need saving,it's the fastest selling console ever and has many exclusives coming this year unlike PS4 which is only getting Driveclub this year,MS listened to the gamers and gave us a kinectless sku to sell more units before the big rush of games come out,and at the same point X1 is outselling the 360.

PS4 and X1 will go on to sell 80 million+units by the end of the cycle so repeating these topics is just hot air made by ponies because they can't talk about games.
#29ShadowNinja87Posted 7/16/2014 10:18:28 AM
PoweredMilkMan posted...
slyman19 posted...

Yeah, that's why Microsoft released a kinectless version for $100 less only six months after launch...

People wanted a kinect-less xbox. and MS gave it to them

Yea AFTER they saw that they were getting killed in sales by Sony and the ps4.
#30slyman19Posted 7/16/2014 10:26:07 AM
ShadowNinja87 posted...
PoweredMilkMan posted...
slyman19 posted...

People wanted a kinect-less xbox. and MS gave it to them

Yea AFTER they saw that they were getting killed in sales by Sony and the ps4.

Sure, but it's not like the Xbox One was doing bad sales wise.