Do exclusives really matter? According to this list of top pre-orders...

#1Altair001Posted 7/8/2014 4:17:01 AM
Not really.

Yes it's US only figures but it's still indicative of the trend.
There's only 4 exclusives in the whole list of 30 games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/251668/usa-preorders-chart-28-june-2014-destiny-continues-to-dominate/
#2InjusticeRebornPosted 7/8/2014 4:30:43 AM
I'd say they don't.

Looking back, the vast majority of my gaming was spent on multi-platform games with the 360/PS3. Some of my favourite games are multi-plat. Games exclusive to one console are very few and far between for me - 360 had Lost Odyssey, PS3 had Demon's Souls and FFX HD. The more popular exclusives, such as Gears of War, Uncharted, Halo etc. do nothing for me. Gran Turismo and Forza scratch the same itch as far as I'm concerned.

Looking to the future, it looks to be the same. So far at least. Multi-plats will be where I spend most of my time.
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#3IzraeilPosted 7/8/2014 4:35:52 AM
of course they do, there's 3 PS4 exclusives in that list right there in the top 10. Just because there's no xbox exclusives in the list doesn't mean exclusives don't matter anymore.lol
#4Jedi454Posted 7/8/2014 4:38:09 AM(edited)
If you're Nintendo, exclusives HAVE to matter otherwise they won't keep a float.
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#5ComradeRyanPosted 7/8/2014 7:04:50 AM
I am planning to purchase a PS4 and not an Xbox One because multi-platform games play better on the PS4. Exclusives are just a bonus to me.
---
We must reverse Citizens United, Restore our Democracy, and Save the Republic. Join the Fight for Free and Fair Elections in America!
http://www.wolf-pac.com
#6orestes1981Posted 7/8/2014 7:08:53 AM
Izraeil posted...
of course they do, there's 3 PS4 exclusives in that list right there in the top 10. Just because there's no xbox exclusives in the list doesn't mean exclusives don't matter anymore.lol

There is a reason its PS4.... Not that many people own an Xbox One. The exclusives aren't really compelling at this point. It says something when a Dead Rising-clone in Sunset Overdrive is their most compelling exclusive...
---
Cappin' thine enemy is not exactly something Jesus would do, it's what Suge Knight would do.
-Bill Maher
#7AWarAmp84Posted 7/8/2014 7:17:54 AM
I've never really cared about exclusives. I'm not really why it's such a big deal to some people TBH.
---
Not taking Gamefaqs seriously since 2004. Gamefaqs mods are a joke.
#8Reflex-ArcPosted 7/8/2014 7:18:32 AM
All this says is that the type of people who tend to preorder also trend towards multiplats. That would be an interesting statistic to see.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#9blitz_0623Posted 7/8/2014 7:26:15 AM(edited)
Jedi454 posted...
If you're Nintendo, exclusives HAVE to matter otherwise they won't keep a float.

At this point, not really. Most that buy it are big Nintendo fans and I am under the assumption that even if the exclusives aren't as good as they are on the Wii U today the same people will still buy it

Also, lolchartz
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#10Tech9Posted 7/8/2014 7:34:16 AM
All this shows is how stupid people are. Why would you pre-order any of these games? It's not like you can't just walk right into a store and buy them day 1 or heck you'll probably be able to download them digitally at 12 midnight.

LOL@someone saying Sunset Overdrive is a DR3 clone. Must be pretty jelly over not having either of those games, because both look great.