OG Xbox >>> PS2

#1SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/8/2014 7:36:27 AM
OG Xbox absolutely killed the PS2 in specs and multiplat performance, therefore by definition was the better console. Thoughts?
---
gt: For Spartaa
#2Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/8/2014 7:38:02 AM
Thoughts? Your argument is flawed as the PS2 came out well before the Xbox giving it time to establish itself as a console. Same with the Xbox 360. This gen they both came out at the same time and both are doing really well for themselves.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#3Jedi454Posted 7/8/2014 7:38:36 AM
Thoughts, don't let the hippy trolls tell what video game console is better. It's your choice.
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#4MurryEB_Alt1Posted 7/8/2014 7:40:28 AM
How is this relevant to now? No **** it was superior as far as hardware. Only thing that I didn't like was how you had to buy the IR sensor and a remote for dvds to work.
---
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite sig on the Citadel
#5SupaflyGibson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 7:40:57 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Thoughts? Your argument is flawed as the PS2 came out well before the Xbox giving it time to establish itself as a console. Same with the Xbox 360. This gen they both came out at the same time and both are doing really well for themselves.

Many still argue that the PS3 "won" last gen however despite coming out later bc of better specs/multiplat performance. I'm just going by the logic of those on this board bro.
---
#6kcypher2000Posted 7/8/2014 7:44:52 AM
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
How is this relevant to now? No **** it was superior as far as hardware. Only thing that I didn't like was how you had to buy the IR sensor and a remote for dvds to work.

How it is not relevant. Is the comparison going over your head?

Ps4 owners only pro over xbox is that its slightly stronger even though it has less games. No indies dont count.

Now the xbox og was stronger than the ps2 but lacked games even though most consider the ps2 one of the greatest consoles ever.

Its just another example of pony 180s. Hell multiplats were better on 360 too yet they were defending ps3 last gen blaming lazy devs.
#7mokmuudPosted 7/8/2014 7:47:31 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Many still argue that the PS3 "won" last gen however despite coming out later bc of better specs/multiplat performance. I'm just going by the logic of those on this board bro.

Yeah but the ps2 arguably had a way better library.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#8SupaflyGibson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 7:49:19 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...

Ps4 owners only pro over xbox is that its slightly stronger even though it has less games. No indies dont count.

Now the xbox og was stronger than the ps2 but lacked games even though most consider the ps2 one of the greatest consoles ever.

Its just another example of pony 180s. Hell multiplats were better on 360 too yet they were defending ps3 last gen blaming lazy devs.

This man gets it.
---
#9MrSpaM111Posted 7/8/2014 7:49:49 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...

And the award for the most ridiculous post of the day goes to...
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#10blitz_0623Posted 7/8/2014 7:50:27 AM(edited)
It was the better console objectively specs wise. Just like how the PS3 is the better console than the 360 and the PS4 than the Xbox One. Does it matter?

The PS2 outsold the Xbox. The 360 went toe to toe with the PS3. PS4 has the early edge this gen. I don't think the power difference is the reason for why the above happened
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add