OG Xbox >>> PS2

#11SupaflyGibson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 7:50:10 AM
mokmuud posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Thoughts? Your argument is flawed as the PS2 came out well before the Xbox giving it time to establish itself as a console. Same with the Xbox 360. This gen they both came out at the same time and both are doing really well for themselves.

Many still argue that the PS3 "won" last gen however despite coming out later bc of better specs/multiplat performance. I'm just going by the logic of those on this board bro.

Yeah but the ps2 arguably had a way better library.

Oh so now games matter? Jee I thought it was all about da specs and resolution?
---
gt: For Spartaa
#12kcypher2000Posted 7/8/2014 7:50:35 AM
mokmuud posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Thoughts? Your argument is flawed as the PS2 came out well before the Xbox giving it time to establish itself as a console. Same with the Xbox 360. This gen they both came out at the same time and both are doing really well for themselves.

Many still argue that the PS3 "won" last gen however despite coming out later bc of better specs/multiplat performance. I'm just going by the logic of those on this board bro.

So does the xbox one.

You dont see ponies defending Knack snd Kill zone and well.... Thats pretty much it.
#13Jedi454Posted 7/8/2014 7:50:52 AM
mokmuud posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Many xbox owners were too busy enjoying their xboxes to care what the ps2 library had. Morrowind on PS2? No where to be found. ;P
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#14mokmuudPosted 7/8/2014 7:53:40 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
How is this relevant to now? No **** it was superior as far as hardware. Only thing that I didn't like was how you had to buy the IR sensor and a remote for dvds to work.

How it is not relevant. Is the comparison going over your head?

Ps4 owners only pro over xbox is that its slightly stronger even though it has less games. No indies dont count.

Now the xbox og was stronger than the ps2 but lacked games even though most consider the ps2 one of the greatest consoles ever.

Its just another example of pony 180s. Hell multiplats were better on 360 too yet they were defending ps3 last gen blaming lazy devs.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/20/ps4-vs-xbox-one-games-chart-from-january-to-may-shows-a-striking-difference/
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#15mokmuudPosted 7/8/2014 7:54:54 AM
Jedi454 posted...
mokmuud posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Many xbox owners were too busy enjoying their xboxes to care what the ps2 library had. Morrowind on PS2? No where to be found. ;P

I preferred it on my PC.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#16kcypher2000Posted 7/8/2014 7:55:09 AM
Jedi454 posted...
mokmuud posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Personally i preferred ps2 over xbox because it had the games. Unlike the ponies however im not a spineless fanboy who 180s to defend their brand.
#17kcypher2000Posted 7/8/2014 7:59:04 AM
mokmuud posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
How is this relevant to now? No **** it was superior as far as hardware. Only thing that I didn't like was how you had to buy the IR sensor and a remote for dvds to work.

Ps4 owners only pro over xbox is that its slightly stronger even though it has less games. No indies dont count.

Now the xbox og was stronger than the ps2 but lacked games even though most consider the ps2 one of the greatest consoles ever.

Its just another example of pony 180s. Hell multiplats were better on 360 too yet they were defending ps3 last gen blaming lazy devs.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/20/ps4-vs-xbox-one-games-chart-from-january-to-may-shows-a-striking-difference/

Yet another classic 180. You kids say resolution matters then list indies like Towerfall... So predictable that i even already said indies dont count but you conveniently ignore that.

180s never stop.
#18SupaflyGibson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 8:00:06 AM
mokmuud posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...

Too bad the XONE is missing out on "Pure Chess", "Backgammon Blitz", "Putty Squad", and "That Trivia Game"! Right now both XONE and PS4 libraries are pretty lackluster and neither is really better than the other.

But on a more serious note the OG Xbox had da specs and resolution over the ps1.5
---
gt: For Spartaa
#19Merc123Posted 7/8/2014 8:00:38 AM
PS2 had the superior game library by far, i remember when i used to be able to walk into gamestop and find a game i never heard of in the used bin every single time, those were good times.

Xbox was my primary console though. I played almost all multiplats and they were available on Xbox. It had better graphics, i loved the controller S and playing games like Halo and Battlefront on XBL was new and exciting for me. It also had my most played game ever, Morrowind....though nowadays i have the much superior PC version of that.
---
3DS FC 1719-3711-0721
Gamertag - Brokeslimjim v3 / PSN - Brokeslimjim
#20scoobydoobydontPosted 7/8/2014 8:00:58 AM
I don't even care about the specs, Xbox had Morrowind, KOTOR/II, Jade Empire and Fable TLC. Those alone elevate Xbox far, far over PS2.
---
"Why do you expect me to be rational? I'm a troll..." -Izraeil
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg http://i.imgur.com/kVabIeU.jpg