OG Xbox >>> PS2

#121CaanimalPosted 7/8/2014 11:54:49 AM
ITT: crazed Xbox fanboy fanatics stroking each other. How droll.
#122ShadowkhNinjaPosted 7/8/2014 11:56:09 AM
Yeah the OG Xbox got tons of great JRPG exclusives.
Especially Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy... oh wait >_>
---
"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
-Snake Plissken-
#123Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 7/8/2014 12:00:05 PM
they both had good games. I loved Xbox for Halo and Halo 2. I loved PS2 for the Jak and daxter trilogy.

All this bickering, shame on you, shame on all of you....
---
Others find humanity by looking in their own hearts. Only lost souls need to search for it outside themselves."
#124corex3dPosted 7/8/2014 12:06:02 PM
ShadowkhNinja posted...

I hate jrpgs the og xbox had all the great wrpgs yes most of them were also on pc but they were not on the ps2 Morrowind, KotOR 1 and 2, Fable, jade empire, etc
#125kcypher2000Posted 7/8/2014 12:07:55 PM
savagechild89 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
How is this relevant to now? No **** it was superior as far as hardware. Only thing that I didn't like was how you had to buy the IR sensor and a remote for dvds to work.

How it is not relevant. Is the comparison going over your head?

Ps4 owners only pro over xbox is that its slightly stronger even though it has less games. No indies dont count.

Now the xbox og was stronger than the ps2 but lacked games even though most consider the ps2 one of the greatest consoles ever.

Its just another example of pony 180s. Hell multiplats were better on 360 too yet they were defending ps3 last gen blaming lazy devs.

indies dont count huh? i love that logic. indies are gonna take over the market one day. they are already starting to. only counting AAA titles is foolish. just because you may not like them or whatever your reason...does not discount them.

Simple. No one counted 3000 indies on xbox 360 and if you can enjoy Towerfall you have no grounds to criticize any game for being less than 1080p.

People do not buy next gen consoles for Sportsfriends or super time force.
#126TheArcadePosted 7/8/2014 12:10:09 PM
TC you're the best. I felt the exact same way. PS2 could have millions more games and millions in sales I don't give a **** it ain't have Shenmue 2, NG, or DOA2 Ultimate. Therefore Xbox is wayyy better in my opinion. I also enjoyed Spider-Man 2 and True Crime ports better on XBOX.
---
Greatest Shows of All Time.
Avatar: The Last Airbender, SWAT Kats, Sailor Moon, Tetsuwan Atom 2K3, Transformers, Spiderfriends
#127ShadowkhNinjaPosted 7/8/2014 12:16:45 PM
corex3d posted...
ShadowkhNinja posted...

I hate jrpgs the og xbox had all the great wrpgs yes most of them were also on pc but they were not on the ps2 Morrowind, KotOR 1 and 2, Fable, jade empire, etc

playing those buggy wrpg ports on Xbox instead of pc lol.
---
"The more things change, the more they stay the same."
-Snake Plissken-
#128ImDyinSquirtlePosted 7/8/2014 12:18:08 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
FailCrypher and JediodizedSalt......Mascots for the SaltBox One.

Wow, somebody needs to calm down.

In your posts you've argued:

1) Ps4 > Xone bc of better performance.
2) PS brand in general > xbox bc of better games

But the OG Xbox and 360 performed overall better than their Sony counterparts, so does that make them better too? Ps2 had more games than the OG Xbox i'll give you that, but how can one argue the ps3's library was better than the 360's objectively?

Exclusives
---
Help me Squirtle, dont just stand there...Im freaking dying
#129SupaflyGibson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 12:21:15 PM
KaijinSurohm posted...
I'm disappointed that this topic is on the front page of GFaqs.

it went from great discussion potential to this:

1) "Here's a fact."
2) "That fact means you're a defense force! 180!"
1) "Whatever, salty"
2) "180!"
1) "Salty!"
2) "180!"
1) "Salty!"
2) "180!"
1) "Salty!"
2) "180!"
1) "Salty!"
(12 pages later)

First off, the guys doing this, I hope you guys realize how dumb it looks.
Secondly, if you wish to get technical, the objective truth is one console is stronger then another. There is no facts to argue this. You could say that one console is better, hardware wise, on one area, but that's about it.

I'm not referring to the PS4 v XB1, either. What I just said is applied to every console, in every generation.

Thirdly, I wish everyone would stop grouping people together in fandoms.
For example, if I say I like the XB1, I'm immediately an XBot, and I have no idea what I'm talking about
If I say I like the PS4, I'm immediatly a Sony Pony, and like a console "with no games".
If I say either one, I'm magically doing a 180.

Congratulations. I have been pre-judged for my opinion, and personal tastes, because all of you got tired of other random strangers on the internet.

I can promise you, the day you guys stop caring about someone else's opinion, and just use the console, with the library you prefer, the happier you'll be. If you can't afford what you want, enjoy what you have and bide your time.
Allowing yourself to feel pity, regret, or hate, because some random internet stranger disagrees with you is ignorant to an extreme, and I recommend anyone who does this, to re-evaluate your lives.

Back on topic
Yes, the original Xbox is, in fact, stronger then the PS2. This means that is absolutely superior to the PS2. This is a fact that you cannot argue, unless your definition of superior is different then another person's.

However, this does not mean it's better. The library, and general interest, in the games matter to an extreme.

For example, Sega had it's Gamegear out, at the same time as NeoGeo, and Gameboy. The Gamegear was a handheld Genesis, and the NeoGeo had PS1 graphics on the portable.
The Gameboy won, destorying both of them, due to battery life, and games desired, yes it was the weakest handled in the competition.

Now then. Can we all chill out and go back to enjoying games, because games are awesome, and stop trying to justify your purchase with a random internet person who has literally zero forced influence over your daily life?

Great post!
---
gt: For Spartaa
#130kingcam07Posted 7/8/2014 12:23:20 PM
PS2 is GOAT console for me.
---
psn ID: kingcam07
3DS Friend Code: 3797-6991-7772