OG Xbox >>> PS2

#151EnclavePosted 7/8/2014 1:09:08 PM(edited)
scoobydoobydont posted...
I don't even care about the specs, Xbox had Morrowind, KOTOR/II, Jade Empire and Fable TLC. Those alone elevate Xbox far, far over PS2.

All except Jade Empire in that list had VASTLY superior versions on PC.

The PS2 didn't have arguably the better library, it was objectively the better library of the 2 systems. The Xbox had some gems but it really had nothing on the PS2.

Also, anybody who tries to claim the PS4 or Xbone library are superior to the others right now? They're idiots. The difference in their libraries are miniscule at the moment, way too early to make such an argument.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an atheist.
#152mygoodluckcharmPosted 7/8/2014 1:09:02 PM
You're all so silly. Gamecube >> XBox >> PS2
#153NeoBlade258Posted 7/8/2014 1:10:08 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#154kcypher2000Posted 7/8/2014 1:29:44 PM
NeroXV posted...
Rome218 posted...
To the dude dissing Halo, saying no one wants it, part 3 came out and outsold 3 PS3 exclusives combined. Halo 4 sold way more than The Last of Us on Sony.

I don't think it's a top tier FPS, but everyone seems to get it when it comes out. For me, the 4 player co-op is enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_4#Sales

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted_2:_Among_Thieves#Sales

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncharted_3:_Drake%27s_Deception#Sales

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_last_of_us#Sales

If anyone wants to throw their hats in to find a PS3 exclusive that made more money than Halo 4, let me know.

Gran Turismo 5, End of Discussion.

Sold less than Halo 3. Halo 4 still is selling and is close to gt5 numbers while gt6 bombed.
#155kcypher2000Posted 7/8/2014 1:31:45 PM
Enclave posted...
scoobydoobydont posted...
I don't even care about the specs, Xbox had Morrowind, KOTOR/II, Jade Empire and Fable TLC. Those alone elevate Xbox far, far over PS2.

All except Jade Empire in that list had VASTLY superior versions on PC.

The PS2 didn't have arguably the better library, it was objectively the better library of the 2 systems. The Xbox had some gems but it really had nothing on the PS2.

Also, anybody who tries to claim the PS4 or Xbone library are superior to the others right now? They're idiots. The difference in their libraries are miniscule at the moment, way too early to make such an argument.

Pc versions came out much later and every ps2 can be emulated better on pc. Does that mean ps2 had no games?

Oh and you have no clue what objective means.
#156kcypher2000Posted 7/8/2014 1:34:13 PM
Homie_202 posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Thoughts? Your argument is flawed as the PS2 came out well before the Xbox giving it time to establish itself as a console. Same with the Xbox 360. This gen they both came out at the same time and both are doing really well for themselves.

Many still argue that the PS3 "won" last gen however despite coming out later bc of better specs/multiplat performance. I'm just going by the logic of those on this board bro.

Not to mention it sold more consoles.

Ps3 had inferior multplats and sold less than 360. Show me your link from and OFFICIAL source or u are full of it.
#157MantraChamplooPosted 7/8/2014 1:44:43 PM
ConsumerWarning posted...
MantraChamploo posted...
I loved the xbox for halo and Morrowind, but ps2 wins with mgs2, mgs3, Odin sphere, western samurai, god hand,and so many more I am forgetting... But just no I can't agree with that at all.

The Xbox was the superior machine - that isn't even debatable. Tho the PS2 had a bigger number of niche games, as you've demonstrated.

As in generations past and present - each option is a good one... there's no real point to pick sides.

Superior machine? I beg to differ, power means jack to me, it's the amount of fun and titles I have.
I have both xbox and ps2' love both, but if I had to pick one for end of time (SNES) it'd be ps2 due to better selection of games and fun to be had.
Just cause xbox is more "powerful" does not make it the correct choice.
But honestly I love games and all the closed minded fanboy prowess displayed these days is just sad, and most people are missing out on all the fun out there.
Though this new gen will be the one I miss out on, minus the wii u, due to insane prices.
#158chrieePosted 7/8/2014 1:45:07 PM
I'm gonna go bankrupt if I have to buy pacifiers for everyone here.
---
Treachery is the inevitable result of all affairs.
#159KaijinSurohmPosted 7/8/2014 1:59:37 PM(edited)
MantraChamploo posted...
ConsumerWarning posted...
MantraChamploo posted...
I loved the xbox for halo and Morrowind, but ps2 wins with mgs2, mgs3, Odin sphere, western samurai, god hand,and so many more I am forgetting... But just no I can't agree with that at all.

The Xbox was the superior machine - that isn't even debatable. Tho the PS2 had a bigger number of niche games, as you've demonstrated.

As in generations past and present - each option is a good one... there's no real point to pick sides.

Superior machine? I beg to differ, power means jack to me, it's the amount of fun and titles I have.
I have both xbox and ps2' love both, but if I had to pick one for end of time (SNES) it'd be ps2 due to better selection of games and fun to be had.
Just cause xbox is more "powerful" does not make it the correct choice.
But honestly I love games and all the closed minded fanboy prowess displayed these days is just sad, and most people are missing out on all the fun out there.
Though this new gen will be the one I miss out on, minus the wii u, due to insane prices.

I need to refer to comments like this ^ back to my earlier post.

Superior is a very finite term. It means Better. Bigger/better/stronger/what have you.
Superior does not mean "More convenient."

For example, lets say you own a Corvette, and a BMX Bike. You wish to go to the store for snacks, and the store is only a 30 seconds bike ride.
For the sake of this, lets say you have zero interest in walking.

What would you do? Would you just bike over there? or use the obviously superior (in power) Corvette?

You'd bike it, unless you just have a thing for your car.

Now, I'm begging you here, do not miss the point of my example: One console can be stronger then another. In terms of hardware, one rival console WILL BE MORE SUPERIOR. But it doesn't matter if you don't have use for it.

Long story short: One console is stronger. But because it's stronger, does not mean it's the console you want. It's all perspective.
---
http://s27.postimg.org/kj94tqjtf/1483220_718769974810683_97803309_n.jpg
The 10 commandments of Logic
#160jrocx39Posted 7/8/2014 2:06:34 PM
ps2 had the better library, Xbox had better exclusives ( Morrowind, KotoR )