OG Xbox >>> PS2

#161MantraChamplooPosted 7/8/2014 3:13:43 PM(edited)
U-U
Like i said, more powerful does not mean superior.

Superior means it is of higher quality and rank, so if I find the PS2 to perform better and be of higher quality (game selection or not) than it is Superior to the xbox in my mind.
The power doesn't mean anything In This definition of superior: the xbox had 2 games that interested me, the controller was insanely uncomfortable and it broke many times, as opposed to my PS2 which remained intact, had countless games that interested me, and had a quite comfy controller.
The ps2 is superior to me.

But again, anyone who gives any amount of a **** to the power, or what company made what, over how much joy they'll get out of it is just missing out.
I'm happy to own my ps2, ps3, xbox, 360, SNES, GC, wii, wiiu, 3ds and have fun with them all
#162RyuuHou25Posted 7/8/2014 3:12:42 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Thoughts? Your argument is flawed as the PS2 came out well before the Xbox giving it time to establish itself as a console. Same with the Xbox 360. This gen they both came out at the same time and both are doing really well for themselves.

Many still argue that the PS3 "won" last gen however despite coming out later bc of better specs/multiplat performance. I'm just going by the logic of those on this board bro.

No, people do not argue that it won because of better specs and crap like that. They argue it won because it sold more than 360 despite it having a year advantage, and had a far better library, especially in the last few years.
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
This is what you sound like to me when you ask something obvious/staring you in the face - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lqz_tbBr2ts
#163suzukimatsuiPosted 7/8/2014 3:13:17 PM
jrocx39 posted...
ps2 had the better library, Xbox had better exclusives ( Morrowind, KotoR )

Opinion....

PS2 had more games and more exclusives overall compared to the original Xbox. As for which is better it depends on peoples tastes but I will say that by having more exclusives the PS2 had excellent games in every possible genre that any gamer could want
#164EnmaDaio2588Posted 7/8/2014 3:45:12 PM
I've gone through 3 XBox consoles but I'm currently using a PS2 that's spent God's know how many months or years in storage. I'll concede that the Xbox had more exclusives that I wanted than the PS2 but Microsoft isn't going to give us another Otogi, Breakdown, Crimson Skies, etc...I can still use a PS2 but Microsoft's planned obsolescence scheme has made the XBox unplayable for me for the most part.

That all being said though, neither of them had Nintendo games on them...or that awesome Resident Evil remake. XBox didn't have Resident Evil 4 either.
---
I had a dream of my wife...She was dead but, it was OK...
#165FernieODSTPosted 7/8/2014 3:50:02 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
How is this relevant to now? No **** it was superior as far as hardware. Only thing that I didn't like was how you had to buy the IR sensor and a remote for dvds to work.

How it is not relevant. Is the comparison going over your head?

Ps4 owners only pro over xbox is that its slightly stronger even though it has less games. No indies dont count.

Now the xbox og was stronger than the ps2 but lacked games even though most consider the ps2 one of the greatest consoles ever.

Its just another example of pony 180s. Hell multiplats were better on 360 too yet they were defending ps3 last gen blaming lazy devs.

Anyone who makes statements like these should not be taken seriously as a gamer. I know you're a troll and all, but this isnt the first time that statement has been used on these boards. Games are games. Just because they are indies dont make them any less of a game then triple A titles. Both are meant to entertain, even though one might be better funded than the other. Even so, being well funded doesnt mean a game is going to turn out to be a good game anyways. Some of the more unique and fun gaming experiences come from indie titles(castle crashers, Braid, Limbo, and so much more).

Indies are games and yes, they do in fact count. Saying otherwise would be the equivalent to covering your ears and refusing to accept reality.
---
"Ever heard of driver updates? Driver updates can do things to make a GPU stronger, could also overclock it if they wanted to" -Goregasm17 on Xbox One
#166yoshinatsu666Posted 7/8/2014 4:14:24 PM
Of course it was much better performance-wise. I remember seeing Ninja Gaiden and the graphics were jaw-dropping. Even now, they are really impressive. But the Xbox didn't even have half of the PS2's library. Hell, it didn't have a quarter of it.
#167djimenez0628Posted 7/8/2014 4:21:36 PM
That's the funniest thing I've heard in my life. More of an embarrassment than what the Germans did to the Brasilians a few hours ago
---
Tim Bisley (Simon Pegg): As far back as I can remember, I've always wanted to be a graphic artist.
#168jrocx39Posted 7/8/2014 4:25:14 PM
suzukimatsui posted...
jrocx39 posted...
ps2 had the better library, Xbox had better exclusives ( Morrowind, KotoR )

Opinion....

PS2 had more games and more exclusives overall compared to the original Xbox. As for which is better it depends on peoples tastes but I will say that by having more exclusives the PS2 had excellent games in every possible genre that any gamer could want

It is my opinion yes....

I own almost 100 ps2 games it wasn't meant as a knock on the system. The Xbox had good enough exclusives at the time that it made me purchase one (Admittedly some of them were all available on PC but I was ignorant to that at the time).
#169jerrickPosted 7/8/2014 5:04:24 PM
On PS2 and Xbox gen most titles are not multi-platform. The deciding factor was on their exclusive games unlike this gen.
#170AkumaOutsiderPosted 7/8/2014 5:42:34 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
You mean the most successful console vs a original XBOX?

Sales don't tell the entire story. Is COD the best series of time?

But I did tell the entire story. I simply said it's the most successful console of all time. That's a fact. What's cod got to do with your misreading of my comment?
---
www.twitch.tv/feelmeclover