OG Xbox >>> PS2

#191Kazuya_80Posted 7/12/2014 1:28:32 AM
Merc123 posted...
PS2 had the superior game library by far, i remember when i used to be able to walk into gamestop and find a game i never heard of in the used bin every single time, those were good times.

Xbox was my primary console though. I played almost all multiplats and they were available on Xbox. It had better graphics, i loved the controller S and playing games like Halo and Battlefront on XBL was new and exciting for me. It also had my most played game ever, Morrowind....though nowadays i have the much superior PC version of that.

what where good times ? getting cheap games that probably sucked ass..either that or you didnt read a lot about games
#192ILikesCheesePosted 7/12/2014 7:09:32 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
OG Xbox absolutely killed the PS2 in specs and multiplat performance, therefore by definition was the better console. Thoughts?

PS2: 153 MILLION units sold

OS Xbox: 24 Million units sold

153,000,000 > 24,000,000

When you have an install base of six times that of your competitor, you have to also take into account what this means for sales of software. For example, Halo 1 will only ever sell 24 million units at most, whereas a Final Fantasy 10 could possibly sell 153 million, generating six times the profit potential. This is obviously an over-simplified and unrealistic example, but the theory behind the logic is solid and what it portends should be very clear.

Some people (hint: TC) just are just not good at the maths. Or trying to create trollworthy topics.

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#193Maverick_ReznorPosted 7/12/2014 7:33:02 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
OG Xbox absolutely killed the PS2 in specs and multiplat performance, therefore by definition was the better console. Thoughts?

PS2: 153 MILLION units sold

OS Xbox: 24 Million units sold

153,000,000 > 24,000,000

When you have an install base of six times that of your competitor, you have to also take into account what this means for sales of software. For example, Halo 1 will only ever sell 24 million units at most, whereas a Final Fantasy 10 could possibly sell 153 million, generating six times the profit potential. This is obviously an over-simplified and unrealistic example, but the theory behind the logic is solid and what it portends should be very clear.

Some people (hint: TC) just are just not good at the maths. Or trying to create trollworthy topics.

:D

20 pages seems pretty damn good to me. He made his point and the Sony fantrolls took the bait.
---
Currently Playing : Shovel Knight, Chrono Trigger and KoF 13
Looking Forward To: Destiny, Smash Bros, The Order 1886, and ScaleBound