OG Xbox >>> PS2

#21GambitbuzzkillPosted 7/8/2014 8:03:15 AM
The only reason I think the OG XBOX is was better then the PS2 was cause of Live, Live brought so much fun to me and my friends and online comp which was something I couldn't get on the with the PS2. Halo 2, Cap VS SNK 2 and Crimson Skies had me hooked.
---
Gametag-BLOODLUST66
PSN-Dalust66
#22Jedi454Posted 7/8/2014 8:04:39 AM
mokmuud posted...
Jedi454 posted...
mokmuud posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Thoughts? Your argument is flawed as the PS2 came out well before the Xbox giving it time to establish itself as a console. Same with the Xbox 360. This gen they both came out at the same time and both are doing really well for themselves.

Many still argue that the PS3 "won" last gen however despite coming out later bc of better specs/multiplat performance. I'm just going by the logic of those on this board bro.

Yeah but the ps2 arguably had a way better library.

Many xbox owners were too busy enjoying their xboxes to care what the ps2 library had. Morrowind on PS2? No where to be found. ;P

I preferred it on my PC.

Of course it's a lot better on PC (own a hard copy of GOTY edition) now than Xbox, but back in the day playing it with a controller was a big deal for me, also I was young when the game came out and didn't own a PC. I've always preferred controller over mouse and keyboard though.

A little fun fact, the original Xbox was actually $50-100 cheaper than the Ps2 in Australia at the time of the Xbox's release.
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#23ThatLaoGuyPosted 7/8/2014 8:05:46 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
mokmuud posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Thoughts? Your argument is flawed as the PS2 came out well before the Xbox giving it time to establish itself as a console. Same with the Xbox 360. This gen they both came out at the same time and both are doing really well for themselves.

Many still argue that the PS3 "won" last gen however despite coming out later bc of better specs/multiplat performance. I'm just going by the logic of those on this board bro.

Yeah but the ps2 arguably had a way better library.

Oh so now games matter? Jee I thought it was all about da specs and resolution?

This is assuming people only care about graphics and resolution. You can admire both in one. Outside of exclusives, multiplatform games run and play better on ps4. It's the same game, just prettier. Can't blame a man for wanting that, but to assume games are irrelevant to a man when considering a console, is some troll fanboy level stuff.
Majority of people do not play first party exclusive games, I'm one of those people. I'm a casual gamer who just plays cod, bf, or random Japanese games. To me, ps4 and Sony consoles always had the better library due to Japanese support.
---
If you want to see grown men online throw tantrums, visit the xbone board.
#24FOXSOLIDPosted 7/8/2014 8:13:35 AM(edited)
I just wanna come in here to say that Sony has spanked MS every generation in pure gaming bliss and this generation is no different.

Xbox fanboys are in such denial that they can't even grasp that Sony was universally accepted as having the BEST library of games for 3 generations straight with one on the way.

PS4 has no games? How long does this BS train run for? We all know it's not true, but I suppose that's where that denial thing comes in.

What about multiplat games? MGSV runs 1080p 60fps on PS4 while it's a blurry 720p on XB1. Stay salty folks.

People like FailCrypher are so salty that it actually brings me joy. His agony and tears sustain my soul.

*licks FailCrypher's salty tears*

Mmmmmmm delicious salty tears.
#25corex3dPosted 7/8/2014 8:08:58 AM
in terms of games I preferred the og xbox to ps2 if it wasn't for armored core and megaman I would have absolutely zero interest in a ps2
#26AkumaOutsiderPosted 7/8/2014 8:11:43 AM
You mean the most successful console vs a original XBOX?
---
www.twitch.tv/feelmeclover
#27Jedi454Posted 7/8/2014 8:13:44 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
I just wanna come in here to say that Sony has spanked MS every generation in pure gaming bliss and this generation is no different.

Xbox fanboys are in such denial that they can't even grasp that Sony was universally accepted as having the BEST library of games for 3 generations straight with one on the way.

PS4 has no games? How long does this BS train run for? We all know it's not true, but I suppose that's where that denial thing comes in.

What about multiplat games? MGSV runs 1080p 60fps on PS4 while it's a blurry 720p on. XB1. Stay salty folks.

People like FailCrypher are so salty that it actually brings me joy. His agony and tears sustain my soul.

This is coming from a man that claimed he could get over 100 hours from MGSV: Ground Zeroes. He defended it to the death.
---
GT - DyingRoman PSN - DyingRoman
#28FOXSOLIDPosted 7/8/2014 8:15:43 AM
Jedi454 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

What about multiplat games? MGSV runs 1080p 60fps on PS4 while it's a blurry 720p on. XB1. Stay salty folks.

This is coming from a man that claimed he could get over 100 hours from MGSV: Ground Zeroes. He defended it to the death.

Forgot to add lying Jedi's salty tears as well......mmmmmmmm so delcious.

Staaaaaayyyyyy SALLLLLLTTYYYYYYY.
#29blitz_0623Posted 7/8/2014 8:16:22 AM
Jedi454 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...

Not surprising considering his username... MGSV GZ is probably the only game he owns
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#30SupaflyGibson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 8:17:31 AM
AkumaOutsider posted...
You mean the most successful console vs a original XBOX?

Sales don't tell the entire story. Is COD the best series of time?
---
gt: For Spartaa