OG Xbox >>> PS2

#31mokmuudPosted 7/8/2014 7:17:49 AM
kcypher2000 posted...
mokmuud posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
MurryEB_Alt1 posted...
How is this relevant to now? No **** it was superior as far as hardware. Only thing that I didn't like was how you had to buy the IR sensor and a remote for dvds to work.

How it is not relevant. Is the comparison going over your head?

Ps4 owners only pro over xbox is that its slightly stronger even though it has less games. No indies dont count.

Now the xbox og was stronger than the ps2 but lacked games even though most consider the ps2 one of the greatest consoles ever.

Its just another example of pony 180s. Hell multiplats were better on 360 too yet they were defending ps3 last gen blaming lazy devs.

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/20/ps4-vs-xbox-one-games-chart-from-january-to-may-shows-a-striking-difference/

Yet another classic 180. You kids say resolution matters then list indies like Towerfall... So predictable that i even already said indies dont count but you conveniently ignore that.

180s never stop.

Except I've never pulled a 180. All I care about are fun games. But if given a choice between 2 versions of the same game I'll take 2 things in to account before I choose.
1. Which has more content (exclusive items or features)
2. Which performs better
If both have the same content the why not go with the better performing one.
---
PSN: Mokmuud XBL: Fumokmuud NNID: Mokmuud 3DS FC: 3222-6547-9539
#32FOXSOLIDPosted 7/8/2014 7:17:52 AM
Would you like salt with your salt? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
#33blitz_0623Posted 7/8/2014 7:18:48 AM
SupaflyGibson posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
You mean the most successful console vs a original XBOX?

Sales don't tell the entire story. Is COD the best series of time?

So are you convinced that the better console is really the one with the superior specs or are you just pretending to be one of those i**** who think so? Which is it TC?
---
Nintendo FC - 2423-3428-2025 | Tangela, Swadloon, Quilladin
PM me if you add
#34SupaflyGibson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 7:20:47 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
Jedi454 posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
I just wanna come in here to say that Sony has spanked MS every generation in pure gaming bliss and this generation is no different.

Xbox fanboys are in such denial that they can't even grasp that Sony was universally accepted as having the BEST library of games for 3 generations straight with one on the way.

PS4 has no games? How long does this BS train run for? We all know it's not true, but I suppose that's where that denial thing comes in.

What about multiplat games? MGSV runs 1080p 60fps on PS4 while it's a blurry 720p on. XB1. Stay salty folks.

People like FailCrypher are so salty that it actually brings me joy. His agony and tears sustain my soul.

*licks FailCrypher's salty tears*

Mmmmmmm delicious salty tears.

This is coming from a man that claimed he could get over 100 hours from MGSV: Ground Zeroes. He defended it to the death.

Forgot to add lying Jedi's salty tears as well......mmmmmmmm so delcious.

Staaaaaayyyyyy SALLLLLLTTYYYYYYY.

Funny I remember enjoying my 360's library more than my PS3's last gen. Also I remember playing battlefront on my OG Xbox and then going to friends to play it on his PS2 and it looking utterly awful in comparison. Funny how you apply whichever argument best suits your current situation but ignore the hipocrisy.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#35FOXSOLIDPosted 7/8/2014 7:21:59 AM
FailCrypher and JediodizedSalt......Mascots for the SaltBox One.
#36SupaflyGibson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 7:22:30 AM
blitz_0623 posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
AkumaOutsider posted...
You mean the most successful console vs a original XBOX?

Sales don't tell the entire story. Is COD the best series of time?

So are you convinced that the better console is really the one with the superior specs or are you just pretending to be one of those i**** who think so? Which is it TC?

This topic is entirely satire my friend.
---
#37FOXSOLIDPosted 7/8/2014 7:22:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#38schmarkenheimerPosted 7/8/2014 7:23:22 AM
Yeah, in terms of hardware and being a console I'd probably agree. Better multiplats, better looking exclusives, HDD (no memory cards, custom soundtrack in games (GTA for example), Duke. However it was much bulkier than the PS2 and the disparity between the PS2 slim was lol. The problems were:

1) Price, therefore less justifiable to purchase.

2) Released later, lead to fewer units sold/competing with an existing userbase.

3) New console manufacturer.

4) PS2 rode the 90/100m units sold of the PS.

5) Much less wanted, coveted, far less hype because of the PS' previous gen therefore more units sold.

6) All of that added up to fewer games and release disadvantages (e.g. GTA was always late, although less shovelware was a plus because of that).

Obviously this a topic trying to relate this to the PS4 and X1 (Xbox was technically better and lost, PS4 is and so will do too). But the PS4 doesn't have the 2 biggest problems the Xbox had (price disparity and later release).

blitz_0623 posted...
It was the better console objectively specs wise. Just like how the PS3 is the better console than the 360 and the PS4 than the Xbox One. Does it matter?

The PS2 outsold the Xbox. The 360 went toe to toe with the PS3. PS4 has the early edge this gen. I don't think the power difference is the reason for why the above happened

How was the PS3 better? 360 had a better GPU and a far easier to use CPU. Yes, it was a bit stronger but most multiplats and even a lot of exclusives for years were far from using it effectively, it also had issues with the lack of memory (problems with TES). The only advantage the PS3 had really was Blu-ray and a larger HDD on release. Anything else I'm missing?
---
Post of the ****ing year. - crimsyn_76 Best. Example. Ever. - Veliconis
Epic. - Xade76 Want to run that by us in English instead of Derp, champ? - pies12
#39FOXSOLIDPosted 7/8/2014 7:26:46 AM
"Bu..but....is Bloodborne coming out on SaltBox?"

Stay salty.
#40SupaflyGibson(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 7:27:25 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
FailCrypher and JediodizedSalt......Mascots for the SaltBox One.

Wow, somebody needs to calm down.

In your posts you've argued:

1) Ps4 > Xone bc of better performance.
2) PS brand in general > xbox bc of better games

But the OG Xbox and 360 performed overall better than their Sony counterparts, so does that make them better too? Ps2 had more games than the OG Xbox i'll give you that, but how can one argue the ps3's library was better than the 360's objectively?
---