Destiny Multiplayer Count Is 6 Vs 6 Will There Be Rage Over It?

#11k1lo19Posted 7/8/2014 10:17:18 AM
When will you people realize every game is different. People raged over titanfalls 6v6 player count because it had huge maps and bots to fill in the space that could have been other players, this lead to people going extended amounts of time not killing anything but bots and no player because the maps were to big.
Destiny is different. No one that played the alpha complained about the player count because the maps felt just right in size.
---
honestly no one cares what games your currently playing
#12shoji_joPosted 7/8/2014 10:19:54 AM
chedibang1994 posted...
If people raged at titanfall but don't rage at this then I will that's crap how people can trash titanfall yet let destiny off the hook sorry but I will be trolling now

Maybe those same people played Titanfall and realised it was quite well balanced.

If a developer thinks 6v6 is enough then we should just respect their decisions.

Too many people complain these days at games not being to their own personal specifications.
I think Bioware changing the Mass Effect 3 ending under pressure has given the gaming community too much of a voice and too much power.
Ok, I have to admit that I thought the original endings were terrible and the biggest anti-climax ever, but if that was how Bioware wanted it to end then who are we to demand changes.

If this game is only 6 v 6 then let's see how it plays out and make our minds up afterwards.
#13InjusticeRebornPosted 7/8/2014 10:23:34 AM
k1lo19 posted...
When will you people realize every game is different. People raged over titanfalls 6v6 player count because it had huge maps and bots to fill in the space that could have been other players, this lead to people going extended amounts of time not killing anything but bots and no player because the maps were to big.
Destiny is different. No one that played the alpha complained about the player count because the maps felt just right in size.

Firstly, the bolded part. Complaints about 6vs6 came in WAY before people got to play it, even the 'beta'.

Secondly...

zerooo0 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
UltimateGeth39 posted...
No because it's not an X1 exclusive.

+1

+2

+3
---
A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. What about my PlayStation?
#14Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/8/2014 10:23:38 AM
TOhasNoRing posted...
Not every game is meant for huge 50 on 50 multiplayer <_< I'm sure 6v6 is perfect

I don't see why these have to be mutually exclusive.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#15SomboSteelPosted 7/8/2014 10:23:40 AM
People also raged that Titanfall was online only, yet so is Destiny and i havent seen a million complaint topics about it on either console board
#16cheezedadadaPosted 7/8/2014 10:33:12 AM(edited)
InjusticeReborn posted...
Complaints about 6vs6 came in WAY before people got to play it, even the 'beta'.

SO true. 6v6 complaints were made the second those details became available. Not a single person here who was complaining had experienced the game yet. That **** was hilarious.
---
XBL- cheezedadada PSN- cheezedadadada
PC, Xbox One, PS4, etc.
#17RybalPosted 7/8/2014 10:29:01 AM
SomboSteel posted...
People also raged that Titanfall was online only, yet so is Destiny and i havent seen a million complaint topics about it on either console board

You can play the story missions and explore missions offline, unless I'm mistaken.

For the actual topic, Titanfall's PVP was more than 90% of the focus of the game, which is not the case with Destiny. That might have something to do with it.

Also, other than Battlefield, which console shooters are more than 6v6?

Complaints regarding Titanfall also dealt with the fact that it was 6v6 with bots to make it SEEM like it was 12v12 and people were upset that AI was chosen to fill those remaining spots, rather than being able to play with other players.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#18Jiggy101011Posted 7/8/2014 10:30:04 AM
k1lo19 posted...

I'm so glad we have you to speak on our behalf. Do you speak for all communities or just ours? Keep up the good work!

- Muppet
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Currently Playing: Watch Dogs, The Last Of Us, Assassins Creed Revelations
#19SomboSteelPosted 7/8/2014 10:44:48 AM(edited)
Rybal posted...
SomboSteel posted...

You can play the story missions and explore missions offline, unless I'm mistaken.

For the actual topic, Titanfall's PVP was more than 90% of the focus of the game, which is not the case with Destiny. That might have something to do with it.

Complaints regarding Titanfall also dealt with the fact that it was 6v6 with bots to make it SEEM like it was 12v12 and people were upset that AI was chosen to fill those remaining spots, rather than being able to play with other players.

You need to always be online to play Destiny.
#20RybalPosted 7/8/2014 10:48:07 AM
SomboSteel posted...
Rybal posted...
SomboSteel posted...

You need to always be online to play Destiny.

That's interesting, especially since there were plenty of people who were able to play without PS+; they just couldn't access Strikes or Raids.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81