Destiny Multiplayer Count Is 6 Vs 6 Will There Be Rage Over It?

#21SomboSteelPosted 7/8/2014 11:00:24 AM
Rybal posted...
SomboSteel posted...
Rybal posted...
SomboSteel posted...
People also raged that Titanfall was online only, yet so is Destiny and i havent seen a million complaint topics about it on either console board

You can play the story missions and explore missions offline, unless I'm mistaken.

For the actual topic, Titanfall's PVP was more than 90% of the focus of the game, which is not the case with Destiny. That might have something to do with it.

Also, other than Battlefield, which console shooters are more than 6v6?

Complaints regarding Titanfall also dealt with the fact that it was 6v6 with bots to make it SEEM like it was 12v12 and people were upset that AI was chosen to fill those remaining spots, rather than being able to play with other players.

You need to always be online to play Destiny.

That's interesting, especially since there were plenty of people who were able to play without PS+; they just couldn't access Strikes or Raids.

It has already been confirmed that it is an online only game and that you need an Internet connection to play. Can you still connect to the internet without PS+?
#22RybalPosted 7/8/2014 11:14:59 AM
SomboSteel posted...
It has already been confirmed that it is an online only game and that you need an Internet connection to play. Can you still connect to the internet without PS+?

For the record, I was just saying it was interesting. I wasn't contradicting you. I haven't tried to play without connecting to the internet, though I may try during the beta to see just what happens - at least in a storyline or exploration mode.
---
I HATE seeing incorrect information, regardless of whether it is my preferred system.
PSN: Rybal_81
#23necro00Posted 7/8/2014 11:23:45 AM
UltimateGeth39 posted...
No because it's not an X1 exclusive.

this
#24teeebzPosted 7/8/2014 11:24:07 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#25SomboSteelPosted 7/8/2014 11:24:54 AM
Rybal posted...
SomboSteel posted...

For the record, I was just saying it was interesting. I wasn't contradicting you. I haven't tried to play without connecting to the internet, though I may try during the beta to see just what happens - at least in a storyline or exploration mode.

Okay. Ive seen several places confirm that you need an Internet connection to play. And i could swear that i read somewhere that you cant even get past the "press start" screen if you dont have internet.
#26DarthUchiha91Posted 7/8/2014 11:25:48 AM
I'd be too busy on SP and Co op to care.
---
I'm the Barack Obama of fat people
Yes we can...Eat!!
#27jcavantPosted 7/8/2014 11:36:30 AM
Come on now. Destiny was advertised as a co-op rpg, like borderlands. The pvp isn't the main draw, so people don't care. Titanfall is great fun, but it is nothing but pvp. And, it was touted as a game changer and the first true next gen fps. I think people expected more from it due to that.
#28nableetPosted 7/8/2014 11:44:26 AM
jcavant posted...
Come on now. Destiny was advertised as a co-op rpg, like borderlands. The pvp isn't the main draw, so people don't care. Titanfall is great fun, but it is nothing but pvp. And, it was touted as a game changer and the first true next gen fps. I think people expected more from it due to that.

Dude, don't throw in arguments about how they are games targeting different audiences, how it is only one mode confirmed 6v6 at this time, that TF was hyped on its "game changer" pvp gameplay or that Destiny has an actual SP.

Just let them play the victim card and move on...
---
GT: Tyfighta23. PSN: Tee_Doff
#29xacebopPosted 7/8/2014 11:46:09 AM
Most people will be playing pve. The PvP isn't the main focus of the game like with tf.
#30xacebopPosted 7/8/2014 11:48:15 AM
teeebz posted...
zerooo0 posted...
MrImpatient35 posted...
UltimateGeth39 posted...
No because it's not an X1 exclusive.

+1

+2

+3

Neither was titanfall