Activision Blizzard Inc. is spending $500 million to market and develop Destiny

#1skermacPosted 7/8/2014 10:02:46 AM
Is everyone hyped enough to get this ONLINE ONLY game? I know I don't care for it after the Alpha. It was ok, not great. But I might get it used. I don't see how it will make back $500 million, it's not a GTA, COD, or Halo game.

Who is planning to buy this game new? And do you think they will break even, profit, or lose money? I have to see any company lose money but why spend so much on a new game with no track record?

I would be more interested in it if it has a offline sp campaign story. I wish them the best.

"The beta will run for eight days on the PS3 and PS4, and it will run for four days on the Xbox One and Xbox 360, Activision announced.

Similar to the “Halo” games, “Destiny” is a first-person shooter set in a sprawling sci-fi galaxy. But unlike the developer’s previous series, “Destiny” requires gamers to always play online. Activision Blizzard Inc. is spending $500 million to market and develop the game — an unprecedented monumental bet on a title with no proven track record."

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/791495-playstation-plus-destiny-beta-to-be-available-for-ps-plus-users/

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2469140/destiny_xbox_one_beta_release_date_ps4_details_announced.html
---
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive
#2SupaflyGibsonPosted 7/8/2014 10:05:21 AM
skermac posted...
Is everyone hyped enough to get this ONLINE ONLY game? I know I don't care for it after the Alpha. It was ok, not great. But I might get it used. I don't see how it will make back $500 million, it's not a GTA, COD, or Halo game.

Who is planning to buy this game new? And do you think they will break even, profit, or lose money? I have to see any company lose money but why spend so much on a new game with no track record?

I would be more interested in it if it has a offline sp campaign story. I wish them the best.

"The beta will run for eight days on the PS3 and PS4, and it will run for four days on the Xbox One and Xbox 360, Activision announced.

Similar to the “Halo” games, “Destiny” is a first-person shooter set in a sprawling sci-fi galaxy. But unlike the developer’s previous series, “Destiny” requires gamers to always play online. Activision Blizzard Inc. is spending $500 million to market and develop the game — an unprecedented monumental bet on a title with no proven track record."

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/791495-playstation-plus-destiny-beta-to-be-available-for-ps-plus-users/

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2469140/destiny_xbox_one_beta_release_date_ps4_details_announced.html

It is an MMO...
---
gt: For Spartaa
#3skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 10:08:58 AM
MM0's don't normally do that well. I guess they are banking on it being a Halo clone? No way I would spend $500 million on a game unless it was a series with a proven track record.
---
#4chedibang1994Posted 7/8/2014 10:12:07 AM
skermac posted...
MM0's don't normally do that well. I guess they are banking on it being a Halo clone? No way I would spend $500 million on a game unless it was a series with a proven track record.

I guess they are gambling on their name alone let's hope it works out or this game be worst than titanfall
---
Sony for the gamers!!!! More fun on xbox one!!!! Wii u!!!! The devil is a lie!!!! By Ricky Rosay
#5BobbyB3000Posted 7/8/2014 10:17:31 AM
its a 10 yr plan... 500/10 equals 50 million a year
---
Xbox- Bobby3000
PS3- Bobbyb73
#6Sniper_BrosefPosted 7/8/2014 10:25:51 AM
BobbyB3000 posted...

Thanks for your useless math.
---
We're representatives from your nation's government.
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
#7chicken8orPosted 7/8/2014 10:27:13 AM
If you had asked me a year ago I would have told you I was expired and couldn't wait to pay Destiny.

Now, I'm not keeping up with it and have absolutely no need to play it. The videos I have seen lately have looked pretty terrible and I honestly don't think this game is going to be what they originally planned it to be.

It could pull a Borderlands on me and turn out to be absolutely amazing after making so many changes. I'm doubting that though.
---
GT: Chicken8or -Epic Halo 4 moment below!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW2_eKmm7o8
#8BobbyB3000Posted 7/8/2014 10:28:03 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
BobbyB3000 posted...

Thanks for your useless math.

no problem and stay in school
---
Xbox- Bobby3000
PS3- Bobbyb73
#9Exodus_PrimePosted 7/8/2014 10:28:17 AM
Wait....isn't the beta on 360 and Xbone 5 days not 4?
---
"Trolls are the dudebros of Gamefaqs. They just don't realize it." - curtland
Xbox One-PlayStation 4-Xbox 360-PS3-Vita
#10skermac(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2014 10:29:32 AM
BobbyB3000 posted...

Hold on, you are saying they will sell enough copies each year for 10 years to $50 million a year? And that would be just to break even.

10 years from now they will sell that much of a 10 year old game? hahahahhaha
---